[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Tom Clancy games the only reason Ubisoft should still exist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: news_reveal_web_101398.jpg (120 KB, 620x334) Image search: [Google]
news_reveal_web_101398.jpg
120 KB, 620x334
Are Tom Clancy games the only reason Ubisoft should still exist?
>>
I still dislike how they made a game where "money is dead!!" because of the plague infecting the dollar, and then just replaced it with another currency system of credits.

Like, if you want to comment on moneys influence on society, make it a gameplay mechanic instead of just renaming your currency to dodge the issue.
>>
File: implying.jpg (23 KB, 404x554) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
23 KB, 404x554
>>330809694
Ubisoft only use the name. They are very far away from what that name meant back in the day.
>>
Nah Assassians Creed and Far Cry still make them money but I doubt for much longer.
>>
>>330809694
I mean RSS and the new ghost recon look okay but most other """"Tom Clancy®"""" games are shit, like your pic
>>
Their Creed and Clancey are dogshit, but Rahman is fab.
>>
I dont even know why Tom Clancy is in the title. He didnt write it, there's no Division book series, he was dead when game started development
>>
>>330810310
Tom Clancy universe
>>
>>330810310
The Division started development in 2012, Tom Clancy died in 2013
>>
>>330810385
Which one, there are like 7 fucking tom clancy universes.
>>
>>330809694
No because its an average of 4 years between each game. The last 8 months are way out of standard. Last good tom clancy was conviction
>>
>>330810025
>ignoring the first 3 amazing Splinter Cell games

Nigga.
>>
>>330810941
He said most. I mean, I say that Red Storm was the shit. But Ubisoft don't really care about what made those game good.
>>
File: clancy approved.jpg (79 KB, 800x559) Image search: [Google]
clancy approved.jpg
79 KB, 800x559
>>330810025
Why are putting his name in quotes?
>>
>>330809694
Ubisoft is still better than Bethesda at least.
>>
>>330810025
you apparently never played splinter cell blacklist or the division.

Blacklist is possibly the best stealth game ever made. The story is generic as shit but the gameplay is fun as fuck.

The division is exactly how I thought it would be. It's fun as well.

But ya know, most people on /v/ don't actually play games.
>>
>>330810025
>>330810941
>>330811456
Sorry I forgot to clarify that I meant a lot of the newer games. The old ones are still good of course. And the division is shit, no one likes bullet sponges and 3rd person cover based shooters.
>>330811205
Because, besides declining involvement of Clancy over the last decade, the man has been dead for 3 years.
>>
>>330812963
They're putting his name on the games out of respect for him.
>>
File: dancing_k.gif (3 MB, 275x293) Image search: [Google]
dancing_k.gif
3 MB, 275x293
>>330813284
>>
>>330813284
No, it's because Ubisoft literally owns the right to put his name on video games. They bought it 8 years ago.
>>
>>330809838
I don't think that was entirely their point.

Story wise the whole thing started by utilizing paper money so in effect nobody would actually wants it. It makes sense. Just think of it as people using a debit card.
>>
>>330809694
I don't think the infected money was so much a commentary on our obsession with monetary value or material goods, but rather that money being tossed around on Black Friday makes for a believable vehicle for a bio-terrorist attack.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.