[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /v/ is there any good zombie games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: rick TWD.jpg (393 KB, 935x658) Image search: [Google]
rick TWD.jpg
393 KB, 935x658
So /v/ is there any good zombie games?
>>
dying light is alright
>>
Dying light is the best AAA you can get at this moment.
>>
>>330784669
>>330784781
This. Dying Light is your best bet.
>>
I should mention that the beginning in Dying Light is extremely slow and rather tedious, you'll be using shitty wrenches and pipes that take ages to kill a zombie but then it transitions into axes and katanas decapitating them in one hit.

There's also a surprising amount of depth to the combat moves and your character just learns new ones passively from leveling up. Like you can jump and attack to do a downward slash that cuts the zombie in half, stuff like that.

However the story tries to be way too dramatic and takes itself very seriously, and it's completely ass so you don't miss much by just skipping all the dialog.
>>
Project Zomboid is overall the best zombie game but it's been in development for a long time and still is. Quite playable though and has MP.
>>
>>330785171
Wasn't there some shit about the devs being robbed and stuff? Probably years ago.
>>
>>330785254
Apparently piracy killed it. Then someone stole the laptop which had the only source so it died again. It is progressing well these days though, albeit slowly.
>>
>>330785254
He's working on it again, last I heard. But it's still gonna be slow, him being one guy and all.
>>
>>330785073
The beginning is the best bit, gets boring as shit when you can run around and cut everything down in seconds

Gets even worse when you get that stupid hookshot and can just skip all the parkour stuff
>>
State of Decay is okay. So is 7 Days to Die. I just wish there was a good zombie game that didn't suck ass or was a DayZ clone or had microtransactions or anything. No "special" zombies, no "humans are the real monsters" bullshit, just humans trying to survive against an onslaught of normal, slow, gigantic hordes of zombies.
>>
>>330784617
didn't h1z1 just release new zombie types? seems be going down well
>>
How can you not be tired of zombies at this point? Enough is enough.
>>
>>330785394
Nah using a longsword and just cutting through hordes of zombies is the best bit.

I don't use the grappling hook myself, it just ruins the game since the parkour system is such a large part of it.
>>
>>330785393
They're a team now, pretty small though.
>>
>>330785396
Play zomboid in MP
>>
>>330785540
That's great, even then zomboid is pretty ambitious and is doing its best to actually implement it's ideas. So it's gonna be slow, which I'm fine with. Better a long slow development, instead of a quick one with poorly implemented ideas and buggy code.
>>
>>330785396
I liked State of Decay. I wish they got a 2 player mode working but apparently it just wasnt gonna work with their engine or something.
>>
>>330784617

As already mentioned;

DYING LIGHT for a pretty fucking rad single palyer experience. I bought it on sale and was surprised at how fun it was. It can get spooky too.

PROJECT ZOMBOID for a way more survival themed game. It's slow but probably one of the best survival games I've played. Period.

My favorite tho is one that hasn't been mentioned here...

NO MORE ROOM IN HELL.
It's free on steam. Play that game late at night with a few friends. Thank me later.
>>
>>330784669
>>330784781
>>330784842

Quick question regarding the game: for some reason, it stopped saving my progress through the game, for no reason at all. I was past a half of the game, if not more, and yet the next time I started it up and loaded it reverted to 2%. Any way to fix this bullshit?
>>
>>330785254
What? Doesn't he have a backup?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.