[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 1024x768
Who else cautiously HYPED?

Bummed Ayami Kojima isn't on board. That would've been an exceptionally delicious cherry on top.

Feel free to post Miriam.
>>
I hope the game feels good to control, Iga's games are actually quite stiff. It looks good so far though.
>>
I was going to have to resort to the probably inferior Wii U version, but I recently picked up a PS4 for cheap, so yes, hype at maximum.

By the way, what about that backer exclusivr boss? I'm assuming that won't even be available via DLC. I guess it's only fair.
>>
>>330777000
They're usually stiff but satisfying like what I gave your mom last night and all that..

..with the dive-kicks, slides, double-jumps, and magic-based super moves, etc.
>>
Will it come for PC?
>>
>>330777408
Of course.
>>
>>330777000
>Iga's games are actually quite stiff
What? The only one I found stiff was Dissonance since you couldn't change direction mid-swing while jumping.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 640x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 640x364
Miriam, you say?
>>
>>330777408
No. It's only available for PS4 / Vita / WiiU. No word about a PC port.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 540x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 540x316
>>330777896
Better quality.
>>
>>330777958
Idiot.

>The game is a spiritual successor to the Castlevania series, and is expected to be released in March 2017 for Microsoft Windows, OS X, Linux, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, and Xbox One. The Wii U and Vita versions are being developed by Armature Studio.
>>
File: Miriam 1.jpg (524 KB, 1280x1655) Image search: [Google]
Miriam 1.jpg
524 KB, 1280x1655
>>330776848
What are you guys getting the game on? I'm thinking either Vita or PS4.
>>
>>330778479
I'm going to get the Wii U port. That's unless it is complete shit of course. Then I'll simply get it on PC.
>>
>>330778479
PC
>>
>>330778479
PS4.

Vita and Wii U versions are outsourced to a different dev. One might assume they'll be inferior versions, though maybe it'll offer its own merits. I might get it on Vita as well if that's the case or Wii U if there's good Gamepad support.
>>
>>330778479
PS4.
>>
>>330778479
pc and vita maybe ps4 if it gives me a free copy of the vita game
>>
>>330778479
Vita most likely.
>>
>>330778479
She calls for my seed.
>>
>>330776848
I'm very cautiously excited for this game because I'm pretty sure it's going to suck ass.

Order of Occlesia is by far the worst metroidvania game (it doesn't even deserve the title, honestly) that people only care about because it looks pretty and you play as a sexy lady

Despite being known as "the guy that made SOTN" igarashi didn't actually do all that much on that game

All the metroidvania games that actually have interesting level or enemy design instead of hallways have the least involvement by IGA, and since this game is all new content and not reused sprites on a tiny handheld that makes the odds that they're going to be lazy with the layout that much bigger (especially when one of the stretch goals is " a bigger map than any other igavania game")

The alchemy system is giving me nightmares about the horrible grinding you had to do to get anything cool from the sorrow games and legacy of darkness. It's a little unfair to judge a mechanic that's barely been discussed but iga is no stranger to adding shitty grinds in his games so an actual crafting system makes it super easy for him to fuck up

Lastly there's no goddamn whips, the alternate character is some samurai faggot, how is this a castlevania game with the numbers filed off if there's no whips
>>
>>330779324
>Order of Occlesia is by far the worst metroidvania game (it doesn't even deserve the title, honestly)
Thank you. This game is incredibly overrated.
>>
>>330778479
Linux
>>
>>330779324
>>330779549
>OoE
>Worse than HoD

Your opinions are bad

But that's okay.
>>
>>330779324
It was the reddit crowd that voted for the sword over the whip.
>>
>>330779978
HD was good for what it was. I wish we would've gotten a sequel before Konami went gay.
>>
>>330779978
HoD and OOE are about equal but HoD wins in my book because you get to dash at sonic speed all over the map and the combat is a little more involved because you don't just spam unlimited use magic/axes at everything and win

Or are you talking about HD? Because I don't even consider that shit a metroidvania, every level is linear as fuck outside of shortcuts
>>
File: Miriam.jpg (179 KB, 797x1080) Image search: [Google]
Miriam.jpg
179 KB, 797x1080
>>330778710
Didn't know about the Vita version was outsourced.
I was thinking of getting it because it's the comfiest option available.

>>330779969
Nothing wrong with that
>>
I kinda dislike the newer design changes to Miriam

I dont like the scarf that feels like it's just been put there for asymmetry purposes, and i preferred when she was slightly flatter chested and the tattoo was on her upper shoulder, not just on top of her tit which looks kinda trashy.

still excited and i can just use the 'pure' miriam skin or whatever it is but yeah. It's irrelevant really. As long as it moves like a castlevania game, has a good castle to explore and maybe some nice combat mechanics and a good cast of beasts and mythological creatures i'll be happy
>>
>>330777000
>Iga's games are actually quite stiff

What?
>>
>>330780278
STOP
HD = Harmony of Despair.
HoD = Harmony of Dissonance

>>330780334
Hey man, HD might be linear as shit and is not much of a game outside of multiplayer shenanigans. But it was fucking radical for what it was.
>>
>>330780841
I would like HD a lot more if the grinding wasn't so insane, the character balance wasn't so obviously fucked up (why did the patch nerf a bunch of characters besides soma?), and literally half the game wasn't DLC

it's a good idea but it's pretty messed up in execution, especially since the 360 version doesn't have local multiplayer and is thus unplayable now
>>
>>330780841
Recently re-purchased it during a PSN sale (used to play it on 360) and have been waiting like 6 fucking months for the DLC to go on sale before I give it a whirl again.
>>
File: miriamupskirt.jpg (482 KB, 1031x1169) Image search: [Google]
miriamupskirt.jpg
482 KB, 1031x1169
Yes, she's wearing bloomers in the official art, I don't care.
>>
>>330778479
Steam

3D models = mods
>>
>>330779978
HoD is fuckin awful. The world doesn't feel constructed at all and was a mess in general.
>>
>>330778479
Xbone
>>
>>330781620
>The world doesn't feel constructed at all and was a mess in general.

Can you expand on that, I played it back when it was released and remember liking the game.
>>
>tfw donated 300 american dollary doos

you better not fuck it up m8, happy with what I have seen so far though
>>
>>330779324
There are whips though. Miriam uses several different kind of weapons like Alucard did, but most are whips and swords. Hell the backer exclusive weapon is a whip sword.
>>
>>330780608
The scarf is there to make her animations stand out more and make her easier to track. They said this outright in the update where it was revealed.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-14-17-58-19.png (318 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-14-17-58-19.png
318 KB, 1440x2560
>>330782020
You and me both pham
>>
>>330778479
There wasnt a 3ds Port was there?

Anyway, probs on Wii U or PC then
>>
>>330782592
I think the prequel minigame is also on 3ds but the main game isn't
>>
>>330782592
No 3DS port, but there is supposed to be a free prequel game for backers that'll be on Vita and 3DS.
>>
>>330782760
Ah ok, then ill probably get it on either Wii U or PC
>>
>>330781975
I remember playing the GBA games (Cotm,HoD,AoS) and that Cotm/AoS had semi-open worlds which were really well balanced. For Example: If you go the wrong way because the ability like double jump is missing you don't have to backtrack that much. HoD doesn't even care for that. When reaching the "2nd world" it was completely open but it felt like that the places were you have to go were randomly placed.
>>
>>330783019
HoD was just SotN but shittier. The other Igavanias tried to do something different with each game.
>>
>>330783019
Makes sense. Still it was my first Castlevania game and I loved it to death especially switching between castle A and B. Maybe I should emulate it to replay it.
>>
>>330783135
>Igavanias
What in the hell.
I mean come on Metroid even invented this genre or atleast took the biggest step.
>>
>>330783294
I respect that. But i guess it wasn't my cup of tea since i always have a different taste.
>>
>>330783335
I just called the castlevania games Classicvanias, Igavanias and Coxvanias to differenciate between them, metroidvania is a generic term that might refer to any 2d action-adventure game with platforming and exploration
>>
>>330783335
Igavania is just said to differentiate the classic castlevanias with the SOTN-like castlevanias. Stupid name, but so is Metroidvania in the first place.
>>
>>330777958
>port

lmao
>>
>>330778479
Physical copy for PS4 and digital for PC.
>>
>>330776848
>Ayami Kojima
The OoT character designer is superior anyways. They dropped the ball not getting that guy for Bloodstained.
>>
>>330776848
I backed enough for the physical copy so I sure as fuck hope it will be good.
I feel safer letting IGA have my money than Inefune though anyday. IGA only knows how to make one type of game, but he's damn good at it and there's a huge Castlevania shaped hole in the game industry right now and hopefully this game will fill it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.