[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
red pill me on the witcher series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: the_witcher_3_logo.jpg (23 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
the_witcher_3_logo.jpg
23 KB, 854x480
red pill me on the witcher series
>>
File: 1457424322701.jpg (360 KB, 639x560) Image search: [Google]
1457424322701.jpg
360 KB, 639x560
>>330775220
It's a good game.
>>
I quit in the first or second chapter of the second game.
Combat just didn't feel good to me, I felt like sometimes he'd do an attack that was quick and other times he'd do a flashy stupid long twirl attack and I'd take a bunch of hits
>>
Took 3 games to learn how to code in combat
>>
>>330775220
God tier atmosphere.
Horrible gameplay.
>>
They're the kind of games that people who are into RPG like - the gameplay is mediocre, but not bad enough to deter people. Everything else is pretty great.

Blood and Wine fucking when.
>>
>>330775220
>redpill
someone redpill me on why this term is being used now
>>
File: 1454273802552.gif (4 MB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1454273802552.gif
4 MB, 350x350
>>330775220
>red pill me
>faggot MRA use term from a movie written and directed by two transgender siblings
>>
>>330777386
and they still fucked it up.
>>
you're a mutant, harry
>>
>>330778927
The other Wachowski chopped his dick off too?
>>
>>330779847
>look it up
>andy just came out as trans

Does mental illness really run in the blood holy fuck.
At least it's fitting. Only crazy faggots could have wrote AND directed a movie like Jupiter Ascending.
>>
>>330778927
They were normal at the time of the Matrix and red pill was a /pol/ thing long before it became an MRA usage too
>>
/pol/ after 2012 is literally /b/; its a bunch of kids who discovered le epic racism board after james holmes became popular
>>
>>330775220
3=1>2
>>
>>330780150
Well, fuck, it's true. I wonder what took him so long to join his brother in attention-whoring
>>
>>330780643
Music
3 > 2 =1

Art
3 = 1 > 2

Graphics
Post-Patches 3 > 2 > Launch 3 > 1

Gameplay
3 > 2 > 1

Story
2 >= 3 >>> 1

Sidequests
3 >=1 > 2

Replayability
2 >>> 1 >= 3
>>
I want to fuck elves
>>
>>330781062
>putting the generic rocking from 2 on the same shelf as 1's music
>TW1 story that low

Aside from that, I agree.
>>
>>330782602
Witcher 2 had some genuinely fantastic tracks like everything involving Flotsam and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paqSsVNafVo

TW1's story borrows too much from the novels and Salamandra are kind of shit villains. Alvin was excellent, but really that's all that the story had going for me.
Also Geralt willfully deciding not to learn anything about his past and just take it as it comes fucking bothered me so much, it just seems like a retarded excuse to offer more diverse roleplaying.
>>
>>330782949
>TW1's story borrows too much from the novels and Salamandra are kind of shit villains.

This is true, but at the same time I fucking loved all the amateur sleuth work in chapter 2 and all the clear fairy tale inspirations. Unless you chalked these under sidequests and just meaned the main plotline by "story"

As for the willful amnesia, yeah, it was mostly just a cheap ploy to not rely on books too much. Same reason why Triss' sex cards showed Yen and Alvin was so much like Ciri.
>>
File: 1450105093667.webm (1 MB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
1450105093667.webm
1 MB, 900x506
>>330777386
???
>>
>>330782949
I don't have a source for this but I'm pretty sure someone at CDPR said TW1 was pretty much just a mish-mash of theme and character analogues from the novels. They didn't expect it to sell very well at all and just wanted to play around with the universe.
>>
>>330783195
Although I really liked the detective work in Witcher 2 (that succubus quest was pure gold), I feel like it was lacking compared to some of the quests like that in Witcher 3 and the fantastic detective quest in Witcher 1. Also there were too few of those quests for them to outshine others. I have really horrible memories of fucking DICE POKER for example.
Also I kind of just put plot relevant quests under the story category and anything non-plot falls under sidequests. Like the entirety of Chapter 4 in Witcher 1 is arguably side quests while waiting around for shit to happen. Kind of like how majority of the Dragons Dogma "main quests" really have nothing to do with the story (except Witcher 1's Chapter 4 had excellent quests involving Dagon and hot Goddess babes).

>>330783384
TW1 was supposed to be a create-your-own-Witcher style game involving the main cast of the novel series appearing from time to time. I don't remember more, but I highly recommend you watch this series if you're curious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMmFiQp3Q_4
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.