[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everquest Next CANCELLED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: agnus.gif (3 MB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
agnus.gif
3 MB, 459x459
https://www.daybreakgames.com/news/daybreak-president-community-letter-everquest-next-2016

MENU Daybreak Games
Daybreak Game CompanyThe FeedNews
EQN News: A Letter from Daybreak's President
By Russ Shanks
3/11/16 9:55 AM

SHARE ON
FACEBOOK SHARE ON
TWITTER SHARE ON
GOOGLE PLUS
To Our Daybreak Community,

I’m writing today to let you know that, after much review and consideration, Daybreak is discontinuing development of EverQuest Next.

For the past 20 years EverQuest has been a labor of love. What started as a deep passion of ours, as game creators, grew into a much larger passion shared by you, millions of players and Daybreakers alike. Watching EverQuest’s ability to entertain and bring people together has inspired and humbled us. It’s shaped our culture and has emboldened us to take aggressive risks with our game ideas and products. When we decided to create the next chapter in the EverQuest journey, we didn’t aim low. We set out to make something revolutionary.

For those familiar with the internals of game development, you know that cancellations are a reality we must face from time to time. Inherent to the creative process are dreaming big, pushing hard and being brutally honest with where you land. In the case of EverQuest Next, we accomplished incredible feats that astonished industry insiders. Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn’t fun. We know you have high standards when it comes to Norrath and we do too. In final review, we had to face the fact that EverQuest Next would not meet the expectations we – and all of you – have for the worlds of Norrath.

The future of the EverQuest franchise as a whole is important to us here at Daybreak. EverQuest in all its forms is near and dear to our hearts. EverQuest and EverQuest II are going strong. Rest assured that our passion to grow the world of EverQuest remains undiminished.

Yours truly,

Russell Shanks
President, Daybreak Games
>>
>>330772056
Good riddance.
>>
File: 1454545767493.png (837 KB, 836x718) Image search: [Google]
1454545767493.png
837 KB, 836x718
>>330772056
Next up: The closing of Planetside 2
>>
not surprising after the shitshow that was landmark desu

not getting that $100 back :^)
>>
File: heavensward.jpg (45 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
heavensward.jpg
45 KB, 600x528
Long live FFXIV
>>
File: 5p9eDgw.jpg (66 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
5p9eDgw.jpg
66 KB, 1440x900
>>330772461
I hope so, its a trash game. Although I have never played it, it looks like shit.
>>
File: hate my life.png (48 KB, 238x120) Image search: [Google]
hate my life.png
48 KB, 238x120
>>330773759
Typical /v/tard, hates a game that he never played. I completely share your sentiment, this game was a mistake and is nothing more than a string of bad ideas and failures for the past four years. I've been playing since beta and regret every second I've played. If I had known that this shit would devolve into nothing more than a shitty p2w Battlefield clone, I would have stayed far away from it.
>>
File: kk0xvtx.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
kk0xvtx.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>330775778
I dont hate all games I have not played. I am just fucking Nostradamus so I know what games are trash and what games are good.
>>
CALLED IT!
A
L
L
E
D

I
T
!

I FUCKING CALLED IT! I remember talking to my friend long ago how its going to fail and its probably going to be cancelled before it sees the light of day.
>>
>>330772634
More like "live for two years". A shitty game devoid of content, appeals only to the casual babbies and the like. If you want any challenge at all in an MMO, FFXIV is not a game for you. If however you want a themepark thats a poorly camouflaged second life copy, then the game is juust for you!

Fuck that game, I regret putting in 1000 hours into that turd. Ever since heavensward came out, it all went to shit. Slightly before it actually. I'd rather cut off my dick than ever go back to that shit game.
>>
File: 1447355766988.jpg (50 KB, 547x471) Image search: [Google]
1447355766988.jpg
50 KB, 547x471
>>330776131
Yeah same here, I just hope they cancel star shitizen too. I want to lord that over my friend
>>
>>330772056
where da refunds at?
>>
It was probably "cancelled" a year ago when they let 2/3 the team go, including the lead developer. They just didn't want to rock the boat.

>>330776765
They've been spinning it for a LONG time that landmark is its own thing. What refunds? You get what you pay for.
>>
>>330776245
There's no such thing as a challenging MMO. Gamers in general are the dumbest audience you can appeal to.
>>
>>330772056
Post yfw at least one lifeless MMO Evercrack obsessed NEET commit suicide

If this was about 10 years ago and was hyped for this as much as i was for EQ2 (literally checking for updates and news every day) and it was cancelled just like that i would have been in a suicidal rage. Now im really just glad i didnt fall for the Landmark meme. Actually remember being on the site about to type in my credit card information for Landmark and then at the last fucking minute decided i would just wait for the actual game. Thank fucking god
>>
>>330775778
I was able to quit after the 750 hour mark
>>
already expected it after 3 years of no update
>>
sonyggers BTFO
>>
>>330775778
>playing through steam

Literal pleb.
>>
>>330775985
I wanna fuck that girl
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.