[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your dream game as a kid? Did you ever get it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 609x455) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 609x455
What was your dream game as a kid? Did you ever get it?
>>
File: 1457895102012.png (183 KB, 256x363) Image search: [Google]
1457895102012.png
183 KB, 256x363
>>330743578
Well going from sights of nes and snes as a toddler to playing OoT and goldeneye a little older.

I really think that halo 1 was peak of my moments of awe in video games.
It really is the perfect simplistic scifi shooter, made me tottaly drop the cube just to get it.

Born 1994 btw
>>
>>330743902
underage
>>
>>330743578
>What was your dream game as a kid?

Having a functional family.

Did you ever get it?

No.
>>
>>330743578
TO HAVE A LARGE PENIS.

but then I ended up like the amazing atheist.
>>
>>330744050
Math is hard
>>
>>330743578
A space game where I could choose my own path or role play several character and adventure types. Choose my ship, choose my profession and allegiance, or just do my own thing.

Doesn't matter whether there are aliens or w/e. Just want to be able to be a pirate in space, or a hegemonic power.... or maybe a loyal member of X alliance, you can do it.

I did actually get this game. It was by a company that is now almost certainly dead (but I think they'll still take your money) Called Ambrosia Software and the games they made were called Escape Velocity.

They made 3, the original, EV Override, and escape velocity Nova. All 3 are what every gamer on /v/ wants but I have never even seen them mentioned.

so yea, I got the game I wanted.
>>
>>330744226
NEEDLE DICK
>>
>>330743578
A game like The World.
One of the main appeals of it to me as a kid was that people were shit hooks and could kill questing people for fun and fuck them over.
So Demons Souls.
world pvp for wow didn't count because it plays and looks like hot ass
>>
>>330743578

My dream games

>contra hard corp. 2
nope

>3d mega man
sorta.

>Mario 64 style kirby
Nope

>online time splitters
Nope

>a pokemon fighting game
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
Dynasty Warriors Fist of the North Star.

I legit clasped my hands and wished for it. I got it.

I love it still, but I can't help but feel that I wasted the power of a legitimate wish on something bizarre.
>>
>>330744226
voting for bernie with fruits up your ass and feeling the bern?
>>
>>330746038
Yes
>>
>>330746038

>hurrr hurrr, shillary clinton is a deep old one because I am a naive baby that knows nothing about american politics and will also jump on the leddit band wagon hating her for running her campaign the way pretty much every presidential candidate has for the last 50 years! Have a overly long, not funny ad hominem!
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 846x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 846x476
>>330743578

Pokken Tournament is like a dream to me.

Finally the Pokemon can fight just like the anime, anon
>>
>>330747385

yup.

if only they didn't put in two pikachus and had a bug pokemon, then it would have been GOAT to me
>>
teen years i dreamed of a game like FTL
as a kid I wanted a Pokemon game with dating aspects
>>
>>330747385
>>330745950

This

Unfortunately none of my poke Bros made it into the final roster, therefore
Nope
>>
>>330743578
Pokemon open world game....nope not yet
Basically Pokemon of Final Fantasy games. it's like they dont like money or something.
>>
Sim Ant, but with a lot more gameplay, interactivity, and locations. Doesn't exist.
>>
File: 1457692697513.gif (737 KB, 423x357) Image search: [Google]
1457692697513.gif
737 KB, 423x357
Make money playing video games all day.

No, because I lack the personality to get into making jewtubes or twitch moolah. Also I got kicked out when I was NEET and trying to git gud at League by playing all day to prepare for the heavy train I predicted was coming. Was told "Anon, you just play games all day. You'll never get money, go out and get a job. Don't come back in the house." Before twitch.TV even became popular. Now when I tell my mother how good streamers have it she says "why didn't you do something like that?"

Life sucks, man. I plan on killing myself before I turn 30 in 2 years, I just need to cut wait until all my ties are cut off completely so I soften the blow on those who may actually give enough of a fuck. My sentence structure is fucked up because I haven't slept in 38 hours due to my shitty shift work schedule caus life sucks. Dude weed lmao
>>
>>330749283

Don't give up, Challenge again.
>>
A third paper mario.

No.
>>
>>330743578
back when i first played the early Tales of Series, i wished in the future they made in a 3d battlefield where you can run around the enemy etc, that came true

i wanted a warriors game for Legend of Zelda and they made hyrule warriors

I'm still waiting for a pokemon game where you actually control the pokemon in each battle ala pokken but still has the exploring and collecting badges and capturing pokemon etc
>>
>>330745190
>The World
mah nigga

i hope you meant .hack's The World
>>
>>330749283
HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO KILL YOURSELF IF YOU STILL CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE IDIOT
>>
>>330743578

a spyro/crash crossover

there was the gba game, but it was shit
>>
My favorite movie as a kid was the Lost Boys.

So yeah, I guess it came true.
>>
Way of the Samurai, Mount & Blade and Total War: Shogun 2 are probably as close as it gets.

But really, i want that with a Samurai aesthetic where you can explore the entirety of Japan on foot or zoomed out (like M&B/TW:S2 overworld), engage against bandits, and grow either as a single swordsman (to the point of being a ridiculous Dynasty Warriors tier overpowered individual) or as a General (Forgoing personal power to increase the power of the troops at your command). Engaging in political intrigue an dalliances in the Sengoku or Edo period. Massive battles, with seamless zoom in / zoom out (Total War) tactical overlay to command your army / see where enemies are. Even down to helping small towns, a Lord / Nemesis system similar to that crappy Lord of the Rings game.

It'd be huge, probably no one would like it, but it is, was and forever shall be my dream game.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.