[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Like the game, the movie will be set in a "dark fan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Untitled.jpg (61 KB, 1174x196) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
61 KB, 1174x196
>Like the game, the movie will be set in a "dark fantasy world where a master thief tries to restore freedom, which has been denied by a magic-wielding tyrant."
>The movie will be produced by Adrian Askarieh (Hitman, Hitman: Agent 47)
>"With the intricate world of Thief being made into a feature film, a larger audience will be able to dive into this universe."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-square-enix-is-making-a-thief-movie/1100-6435604/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=homepage
>>
>>330728840
Fucking dropped
When is SE gonna learn that this director is trash?
>>
Cock ring duel in a dark alley confirmed
Get hype
>>
>>330728984

Does he make money at the box office at least? Why is he allowed?

If the film was set in the original Thief universe at least I'd be exited since the atmosphere is goat tier. I'd always wanted an animated Thief movie actually in the style of the games cutscenes since they are so well done.

But the new reboot universe looks shit.
>>
>>330728840

>Movie trailer opens to black screen
>"being a thief isn't what I do"
>lightning flash making london visible but istead of thunder it's "wub wub wub wub"
>Back to black screen
>"It's who I am"
>Fight scenes appear to more wub step
>The protagonist removes their hood
>it's a woman

Calling it now.
Save this post.
>>
File: HITMAN(TM) Gameplay Footage.webm (3 MB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
HITMAN(TM) Gameplay Footage.webm
3 MB, 500x270
I expect the highest quality.
>>
>>330729463
What the fuck is this.
>>
>>330729564

The directors previous work.
>>
>>330728840
Yeah, let's make one of the most esoteric and complex stealth franchises into a mass-marketable hollywood blockbuster.

Fuck this industry so fucking hard.
Also, this confirms we'll never get another good Thief game.
>>
File: 1457165926795.jpg (23 KB, 320x246) Image search: [Google]
1457165926795.jpg
23 KB, 320x246
>>330728840
>Movie will probably be a drama with thi4f emo garret
>Black comedy/drama with original garret never
>>
>>330729463
This is fucking cringe-worthy.
I hate capitalism.
>>
>>330729837
Under Communism, you wouldn't get any shitty profit driven movies and thus wouldn't be able to cringe at them.

Capitalism wins again.
>>
>>330729635
You mean producer? This guy must be a big fan of the games to produce two unrelated Hitman adaptations, yet both of them were terrible and didn't resemble the games in anyway.
>>
>>330729940
I didn't say anything good about communism though.
>>
File: T4FFER.jpg (107 KB, 762x1080) Image search: [Google]
T4FFER.jpg
107 KB, 762x1080
>The actor wants to be known so he never uses the hoodie
>Shootouts with crossbows
>Strong independant womyn thief love interest
>It's an origin story about his mechanical eye
>15 second montage of sneaking and taticool takedowns while [WUBETH INTENSIFIES]
>Starts with 5 minutes of intro credits with prostitues, thugs and guards all around the city
>>
>>330729953

I don't get it. How did that faggot pull it off twice and fail twice?

Reminds me of how fucking bad the Max Payne movie was.
>>
Why is there no Call of Duty movie?
>>
>>330728840
> "We have always been passionate about milking money from a franchise in whatever way we can."
Square Enix has just entered my shitlist.
>>
>>330728984
>>330729652

I'm just glad we basically have a never ending steam of quality fan missions being slowly released. The Thief community is so fucking based honestly.

There are enough good fan missions out that would equal the length of at least 2-3 more full length Thief games. We basically don't need a sequel at this point. And in the hands of fans you know it's safe and will be treated with respect.
>>
>>330730270

It already is a blockbuster movie, they literally get hollywood screenwriters to write COD games plots, been doing it for years now. Only difference is between COD and action movies, in COD you can participate yourself in the shootouts between set pieces. A COD movie would literally be a downgrade at this point.
>>
>>330730272
So Tomb Raider Reboot, Hitman Absolution, Nosgoth and Thief Reboot were perfectly fine, but a Thief movie is too much?
>>
>>330730029
Just an alternative to consider.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.