[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a single game that Nintendo could launch the NX with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Is there a single game that Nintendo could launch the NX with that would make you buy it on release day regardless of price, technical power, or gimmick?
>>
I really want a new Metroid, 2D or Prime, but I don't have the faith in Nintendo to make a good one these days so probably nothing.

If they released a new Wario Land and a new Metroid for it I might consider it, but I'd probably end up regretting the purchase afterward.
>>
>>330728201
I guess it depends on who it is by, Tropical Freeze made me buy a Wii U and i think it's my favorite 2D platformer ever. If part of Retro is allowed to make Super Metroid on the Tropical Freeze engine it could work.
>>
>>330728201
>>330728860
I want this to be a thing.
Sidescrolling Metroid in a modern engine like the one used for Tropical Freeze sounds amazing to me.
>>
>>330728860
I would buy a wiiu for this. Maybe. Maybe.
>>
A not shit metroid, wario, or F-zero game
>>
>>330726917
A Retro Studios game that's not a 2D sidescroller.
I fucking loved Tropical Freeze but I really hope their next project is a bit more ambitious, whether it be a 3D DK, Prime game or something totally new.
>>
>>330726917
Xenoblade X sequel.
>>
>>330730190
That is a given though? It's already been talked about how Xenoblade X is a warm up for the team doing a HD game. The next one will be more like Xenoblade.
>>
>Good Taste: The Thr-

>>330730190

It was never meant to last.
>>
I'm not buying a Nintendo console again until I get a Nintendo platformer similar to Mario 64 and Sunshine.

A console Fire Emblem would make me sweat though.
>>
A Waluigi stealth game
>>
>>330730701
Super Wario Bros: Heist Hijinks
>>
>Thinking realistically
Spla2n
Smash 5 or Sm4sh Definitive Edition if there isn't even more post launch DLC
New 3D Mario
>Pipe dreams
Street Fighter VI
MvC4
Any Capcom fighting game, really
KojiPro's new game
Supergiant's new game
>>
File: Mega roadtrip.jpg (78 KB, 309x500) Image search: [Google]
Mega roadtrip.jpg
78 KB, 309x500
>>330726917

Megaman Legends 3
>>
>>330730824
It makes so much sense

Make an MGS/Thief amalgam where you steal shit from castles, it's all Wario does anyway
>>
>>330731196
Isn't there a spiritual successor?
>>
Mother 1,2, and 3, with updated graphics and audio with everything else the exact same
>>
>>330731383
we don't talk about Inafune anymore.
>>
File: david jaffe is unenthused.jpg (234 KB, 724x724) Image search: [Google]
david jaffe is unenthused.jpg
234 KB, 724x724
Probably not.

Zelda has hardly been worth playing aside from 3D remakes and ALBW.

Mario hasn't had anything great since Galaxy 1 & 2

Metroid may as well be fucking dead.

I don't know man. I haven't been able to muster up a fuck in regards to Nintendo in years. I wish I could, but that would mean them making something worth my attention again. Everything just tries way too hard to appeal to children and toddlers. Not even trying to insult the fans. It's a legit complaint.

I haven't bought a console since PS3 quite frankly, because there just isn't enough on them that appeals to me that I can't already buy on PC. People say platform exclusives ruin game sales, but not having them ruins console sales imo. We need to return tot he days when each console had a reasonable amount of exclusives that weren't either sorta decent, or utter crap, and were worth considering.

Also doesn't help that the endless mindless petty masses constantly feel the need to gloat superiority of one brand and platform over another for dumb-shit reasons, but that's always been a thing, and forever will be, because there are more morons out there than intelligent people.
>>
File: 20160313_150000.jpg (592 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160313_150000.jpg
592 KB, 2048x1152
Why do you nintendo fags hate original content. Do like being coddled with your metriods and zeldas. Admitly all your faith in those brands is purely nostalgia, and nintendo has run out of ideas of what to do with them because they are old and tired. However you coddled pieces of shit just ask for more and more of the same shit and then become upset that it doesnt taste like new shit since you've been feeding on it for so long. Time to escape from your pipe dream you losers.
>>
A brand new 2D Mario game that isn't half-assed.
>>
File: 1428663190952.jpg (48 KB, 640x795) Image search: [Google]
1428663190952.jpg
48 KB, 640x795
>>330732703

What the fuck are you even on about dude?

1/10 just because you tried.

Practice harder on your baiting and shitposting.

Consider pic related.
>>
>>330732703
But my favorite Nintendo games of the past 10 years have been almost straight technical upgrades of existing games.

DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze
Punchout Wii
A Link Between Worlds
Pikmin 3

Sometimes there is nothing wrong with more. Especially when it's been 10+ years since the game you are riffing off of.

When you reinvent the wheel just to be different you end up with Bomberman Zero and shit.
>>
Air ride 2
Sonic adventure 3
>>
File: 1448321345420.jpg (2 KB, 125x124) Image search: [Google]
1448321345420.jpg
2 KB, 125x124
>tfw you'll never get a sidescroller 3D Metroid with elegantly beautiful backdrops and level designs, with cool as fuck layered set pieces and fun as fuck platforming
>tfw you'll just keep getting shitty 3D Metroid spinoffs and story games that will never get as close to being as good as the older games / Prime games were
>>
>>330733250
How is Axiom Verge?
>>
>>330733567

Pretty cool. Dialogue is pretty fuckin dumb at times though.
>>
>>330733567
I thought it was pretty bland overall. It gets a lot of praise for its music and level design, but I found a lot of its music to be kind of grating and its platforming to be uninspired. A lot of the enemies just seem like bullet sponges that just waste your time. The concept of glitching is kind of neat, but I dunno. Felt kinda empty and contrived overall for me. It was decent.
>>
>>330726917
A new monster hunter would make me reach for my wallet faster than light
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.