[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you rate the state of gaming as a whole right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: FirstPersonShooter[1].jpg (387 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
FirstPersonShooter[1].jpg
387 KB, 1600x1000
How would you rate the state of gaming as a whole right now?

6/10 for me
>>
>>330721234
11/78
>>
>>330722186
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY BRAIN!!!
>>
69/420
>>
>>330721234
"gaming" is better than ever. 2011 was better than 2010. '12 better than '11, '13 better than '12 and so on. It only gets better.
Your state a a gamer, however, may very well be 0/10. You're older. You're not supposed to have as much fun with games. Get over it.
>>
It's getting slightly better but it's still pretty shit.
>>
I'd say it's pretty good. You just need to stop limiting yourselves to those so-called "AAA" games from big companies, and start trying out indie games.
>>
>>330721234
5/7>>330722186
>>
>>330721234

Indie scene is great.

AAA scene is fucking horrendous.
>>
>>>/soc/ threads include, but are not limited to:
>3x3 threads
>rate my steam profile threads
>any thread with "rate" in the OP
>post your age and favorite game threads
>steam friends threads
>favorite game, favorite ___ threads
>was ____ right threads
>any thread that starts with an image of a social media profile
>youtube personality/e-celeb threads
>how is that youtube channel coming along threads
>what do you eat while playing video games threads
>>
>>330722630
reddit the post
>>
>>330726091
>Indie scene is great.
2 good indie games come out, for every 500 early-access cash-grabs.
>inb4 they don't matter
Than the AAA scene is also great, because the bad games don't matter.
>>
>>330721234
9/10

if you rate it lower, you are probably a dumb peasant who only plays AAA games
>>
>>330726562
1/10

Maybe you are a cuck who only plays indies along with AAA games
>>
>>330726562
What part of "as a whole" did you not understand?
>>
>>330721234
ask again on April 11
>>
>>330726562
Name 5 worthwhile games released the last 12 months.
>>
AAA titles have actually improved recently, but that's not saying much after the abominations that released in 14' and 15', but it's too early to really call it.

So far, not a single AAA game has really held my attention as of late. I think the last one would have been Wolfenstein.
AA games are a mix between good and bad, Nintendo released some great shit like Tropical Freeze but their recent releases have just been so fucking mediocre. On the other hand smaller studios have put out some decent stuff. Personally I really loved Vermintide, and the general opinion of XCOM 2 was positive even if the game was hardly flawless.

Indies and small scale projects have been largely good out of what I've touched. Not exactly, great, but good. Darkest Dungeon is a really solid base, it's just a shame they couldn't take it any further. It's a 6/10 game that could easily be 9/10 with some work put into it.

As a whole. Gaming suckz at the AAA level but has some real gems from smaller studios. Act of Aggression was sadly crap, but the new Warhammer 40k fleet game looks like it could be more than decent, and there's yet more strategems to release so I'm not super worried about a single stinker.

Gaming as a whole is certainly better off than it's been, a slight rebound, but I don't think it's going to return to a good spot anytime soon either. Flawed but acceptable titles seem to be what's coming out right now, and there's enough of them that it's not the end of the world. Some of them are even genuinely good to boot. 4/10 at the AAA level, 6/10 everywhere else.
>>
3/10

Anyone who is says that Slippery Slope is just a fallacy is wrong. Everything people feared that would happen to the industry 10 years ago has come true.
>>
I'd rate it 8/10.

There are a lot more good games than bad, and the gap is growing wider everyday.

The older game players have whole hard drives full of their favorite older games, while the casual and mobile gaming market is what motivates the current generation, even if we old timers can't understand it.
Still plenty of games to love.
>>
>>330728051
i just rated gmaing "as a whole" 9/10. learn to read retard
>>
>>330721234
why is this picture so fucking fake, everything from the scenario to the UI is bullshit when all they had to do was take like five minutes to set something up
>>
3/10

felt more emotion reading books this year honestly
>>
>>330728995
non sequitor, Holmes. Just because it happened, it doesn't mean that it happened due to a slow slippery slope.
>>
File: clean1.jpg (43 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
clean1.jpg
43 KB, 640x640
6/10
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.