[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disgaea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: dg.jpg (40 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
40 KB, 460x215
so now that we know the pc version mostly works lets have a Disgaea thread. I'm replaying the first one since I forgot just about everything about it and now that I'm on the gordon chapter I just remembered you can do stuff with the dark assembly.

also disgaea skull mages are better than the rest
>>
I dont have enough mana to reincarnate yet but i was messing around with it and heard you could being monsters to humanoid by reincarnating as prinny. I know most named characters dont work, but do characters like hogmeiser and maderas count? I mean they become irrelevant immediately after their chapter anyways
>>
Are the PPSSPP saves compatibles in a way?

pls say yes
>>
So what was the deal with the PC version, updated sprites like D2 and advanced features in other games? Or are the mechanics the same.

Also this is objective question, since any game with Gordon and the EDF trio is worth experiencing by everyone. Jennifer yum.
>>
>>330703373
I honestly don't see how they would be
>>
>>330704810
It's basically just the most up to date version content wise with some optional graphics improvements. I just got it because my psp is broken and I wanted to play the game again.
>>
>>330703149
Nope, they're unique characters and can only reincarnate as themselves.
>>
>>330706173
I had a feeling to be honest, but do their levels remain the same when you new game? I know I ran through the game a few times like 5 years ago but I can't remember
>>
>>330706773
Any story character will stay at whatever level you left them once you recruit them in a new cycle.
>>
>>330702710
>also disgaea skull mages are better than the rest
Why?
>>
File: Dis-skull.jpg (182 KB, 702x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dis-skull.jpg
182 KB, 702x1000
>>330707834
because skull mage > shota mage

honestly I just like some of the things the first games art direction had going for it.
>>
This thread is at a disadvantage because it isnt about shitposting. Also do we have any chance of getting any of the other games on pc?
>>
>>330709051
That depends of how much did this port did for NIS and if it has a good following.
>>
>>330710052
Well at least it looks like nis is actually paying attention to patching it
>>
Does it matter how many you kill while in the item world? I know it gives you a count when you leave, but the item grows all the same right?
>>
>>330708005
the eyes freak the fuck out of me
>>
>>330711246
It's a demon with a mask over himself.
The netherworld is supposed to be somewhat creepy.
>>
>>330711246
>>330711652
and I think this is part of it. I don't mind the moe or whatever art style on a lot of things but It just felt like the skull mage was a good fit for the world.
>>
>>330711652
can't really think of anything else in disgaea looking creepy at all
>>
>>330711889
http://steamspy.com/app/405900
>Owners: 41,816 ± 4,683
If it was 200k we would might see newer games ported. But so far I think chances are extremely low
>>
>>330712387
For a game older than most of /v/, I think those sales are admirable.
>>
File: 1439443737915.jpg (67 KB, 595x756) Image search: [Google]
1439443737915.jpg
67 KB, 595x756
>>330711889
It's not hell so not everything is spooky and that, but i believe shit like monsters and some demons would look creepy at the very least IRL
>>
>>330711889
the overlords castle
the decaying zombies
the entire population of beings willing to turn on someone at a moments notice
skull mages (already mentioned of course)
cut throat "children"
I could spend time pulling out more, but one of the great things about disgaea 1 for me is despite how they playfully play off a lot of what happens, it's given a certain dark tone that feels like it's put there intentionally and ignored intentionally. like putting eldritch horrors in a comedy routine.
>>
>>330712839
I agree that the netherworld is creepy, I literally meant looked creepy
>>
Finally got my lvl 1900 Armsmaster today. It turned out a lot less boring than I thought, the Item World is a rich source of HL and the odd legendary/rare here and there.
>>
>>330713051
some of the things I mentioned fit that though like the overlords castle or the zombies. I mean I do get where you are coming from, but it's not unheard of for something in disgaea to bridge the mental to visual gap in "creepiness" though maybe not usually as much as the skull mages.
>>
File: Sulphur.jpg (30 KB, 611x640) Image search: [Google]
Sulphur.jpg
30 KB, 611x640
>>330713051
I think Baal looks creepy, not as this guy but still.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.