[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: Theatrhythm_CC_Box_Art_Japan.png (1 MB, 800x711) Image search: [Google]
Theatrhythm_CC_Box_Art_Japan.png
1 MB, 800x711
Why is this game so good?
>>
It's fucking garbage, quests are tedious, there's no sense of progression and over-reliance on stats, difficulty is too easy except the highest setting which is just arbitrary arrows: the game
>>
You tell us, it's your opinion and your thread.
>>
Because you have shit taste and can't tell the difference.
>>
It's OK.
I just want Theatrhythm DQ.
>>
>>330688976
Best Final Fantasy outside of XIV. If CC had more of XIV's soundtrack, it'd be perfect.

Of and fuck SE for not carrying Somnus over from the first game.
>>
>>330688976
Because it's specifically about the best part of FF
>>
>>330689152
>quests are tedious
? It's just the songs one after the other. That's all rhythm games are. What do you want?
>>
>>330688976

i want Theatrhythm: jeremy soule
>>
Theatrhythm Kingdom Hearts has to happen this year. pls
>>
>>330688976
What's the difference between this and the original?
Just different songs?
>>
The only bad thing about it is the nauseating airship stages. It always fucks me up when it changes perspective from back to front. Also, The Boundless Ocean is just the regular overworld, instead of an endless dark sea.

The collectacards were amazingly comfy to read. Whoever wrote the back of them should get a prize.
>>
>>330689304
DQ music is shit compared to FF though.
>>
>>330690191
Also different modes.
>>
>>330688976
Its garbage, gameplay is too easy and boring but has a tons of songs.

Its the opposite of Persona 4 dancing which has a good system but no content.

Overall both are shit.
>>
>>330690191
Same difference between Dissidia and Duodecim. All the content from the first game (including all the DLC included as free) alone with more modes, more songs, more characters, online VS and much more including songs from multiple SE franchises like Nier and SaGa.

Only drawback is that it has a metric fuckton of DLC.
>>
>>330690565
I strongly disagree.
>>
File: are_you_serious.jpg (27 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
are_you_serious.jpg
27 KB, 447x444
>>330690785
>>
>>330689152
>overreliance on stats
No? They're only relevant in Versus modes or if you want card drops. Any song can be cleared with a level 1 party
>>
>>330690861
Yes, I know differing opinions are difficult for Squaredrones to comprehend.
>>
WHEN YOU WALK AWAY
>>
>>330691031
It's OK, everyone knows DQ fags have cancer taste and know fuck all about music, gameplay, art direction or really anything.
>>
>>330689435
>Best Final Fantasy outside of XIV. If CC had more of XIV's soundtrack, it'd be perfect.

God this. I need Coil, Answers, Levi, Ramuh, Shiva, MoogleMog, and ALL of the HW soundtrack on this game
>>
>>330691404
>MoogleMog
isn't that dlc
>>
"Uh oh, they used Judgement, kupo!"
>>
>>330691445
Is it? Well fuck, downloading.

Last DLC I grabbed was the Bravely Default stuff, which was fuckawesome
>>
>>330691275
You can call me whatever you like, but Dragon Quest is really all Square Enix has to offer that is still good.
>>
>>330691636
Sweet opinions, mate
>>
>>330691404
Answers is in the game though. Moggle Mog is DLC along with "Ultima", "Hard to Miss","Primal Judgement" and "Nemesis"
>>
>>330691636
KINGDOM HEARTS IS STILL GOOD,TBQBFH (TO BE QUITE BRUTALITY FUCKING HONEST) MY FAMICOM
>>
File: webber came.jpg (51 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
webber came.jpg
51 KB, 640x360
>>330691404
>mfw being able to play Dragonsong, KotR theme, Ishgard theme, Ravana's theme and Sephirot's theme

Pls square. Pls.
>>
The rhythm game is well designed, with good step charts. The RPG elements are just complex enough to be interesting and keep me engaged. And there's more than enough content that I feel I got my money's worth. My only complaint is that I dislike that they picked music tracks based on game/situational icon-ess over picking tracks that are appropriate for rhythm games. I would have loved to get more remixes from the Dissidia OST in there.
>>
>>330689304
I can't stand that game. It's great that they made it first person, but it just fucks with my eyes that I can't land the notes right. And it sucks because the hardest mode is definitely harder than Thatrhythms by another margin.
>>
I play this game whenever I am bored i.e. before bed or taking a shit.

I think I have more recorded hours in this game than any game I currently own. Its nuts.

Anyways, post parties. Mine is currently:

>Cloud
>Terra
>Sephiroth
>Zack

STR team all the way every day.
>>
>>330691987
Yuna, Paine, Tifa, Vanille.
TFW no Lenna or Cara
>>
>>330692174
>Vanille

So close to a great team. Replace with Yuffie.
>>
File: 1422849436771.png (93 KB, 480x430) Image search: [Google]
1422849436771.png
93 KB, 480x430
>still no FF musou
>>
>>330691987
I rolled a similar party after getting continuously wrecked in extreme quest bosses. I could hit a 100% perfect run but still not have the STR to down the boss.
>>
>>330691987
Yuna, Cosmos, Aeris, Cloud

Almost impossible to fail even on hard thanks to all dem heals.
>>
>>330691987
>>330692174
wait this is an actual game?

i thought it was just another guitar hero without a guitar
>>
I don't know. Can't find a good link to a .cia and don't see it in stores anymore. Not wasting my time ordering a preowned copy online either.
>>
>>330692476
You can play it completely like that but if you want to get into the Quest levels and you want to play on Extreme difficulty like a man then you will probably need to actually spend time creating a party that suits your strengths.

Thats what is good about this game. You can completely ignore its RPG aspect if you just want to play One Winged Angel a couple of times on Easy but its RPG elements are there and are surprisingly deep should you want more from the game.
>>
I feel like half the reason I like it is the default note hitting sound effects.
>>
>>330692814
Aye.

For what it is it is an incredibly well crafted game. SE could have made something no where near as good and it would have sold on the strength of the songs alone. The fact that it is probably one of the best rhythm action games around makes the excellent music even more fun to enjoy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>330692476
It has some RPG elements, but there's no plot or exploration mechanics really. You unlock FF heroes, level them up, and they gain stats and skills. There's two types of game play maps where this matters: "adventure mode" which is all about how fast your characters can run and how lucky they are, and "battle mode" where your characters auto-attack enemies, and you can activate skills based on how well you can hit notes. You take damage the more notes you miss.
>>
>trying for all-critical Ultimate Force Your Way
>miss one
FUCK
>>
>>330688976
It's not really.

It gets boring quick. The lack of decent animations, variety in modes and even number of summons makes the game boring.
>>
File: 200%mad.jpg (234 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
200%mad.jpg
234 KB, 500x738
>>330693816
>Force Your Way

No. Fuck that song.
>>
Cloud is overpowered as fuck in this game.

Highest STR character and is the only one who gets Knights of the Round as his summon.
>>
>>330688976
Game is shit, the rpg mechanics add literally nothing. The gameplay is tap tap tap tap tap tap

The only thing it has going for it is the fantastic soundtrack, which is more enjoyable when you don't have to play a game just to hear it.
>>
>No God in Fire from Dissidia

Why ?
>>
>>330689615

this
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.