[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you upset that SMT: Imagine is shutting down after nine years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 750x547) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 750x547
Are you upset that SMT: Imagine is shutting down after nine years?
>>
>>330684209
It was shit, so I couldn't care less.
>>
It was still up?
>>
>>330684209
I remember having some fun in that game at one point.
Never got too far though.
>>
I heard about it a few months after the U.S. version died, I really wanted to play it back then, and I think I might have tried the JP version for a few minutes.

It wasn't very fun.
>>
Persona MMO when?
>>
To be fair it was as grindy as your typical Korean offering.
>>
I'm very sad. The community was great and the mods were always mingling with the players.
>>
>>330684209
Why do people play MMOs, anyway?

They always die eventually, after which you lost everything.
>>
private server migration when?
>>
I never even cared to begin with so no.
>>
>>330684209
I remember trying to get into it twice, but I just couldn't. It was too shitty. Also it was filled with weebs idling with their Alice being ''Hey guise! Look at my persona and me!.'' I knew an MMO freak who played it a lot though, but stopped because it just couldn't hold his attention like other MMOs.

Anyway, it's a shame it's closing, since losing games permanently is always painful, but in the end of the day I just don't care.
>>
>>330684209
A little, actually. I joined the JP beta literally as soon as it came out and joined a klan with my friends, and since it was one of the only english speaking klans we had a handful of assholes from /v/ join and shit things up. It wasn't a good game or anything, but it was interesting to see how much content was patched into the game because I was there from the very beginning - I even made a shitload of money when the marketplace was added from buying from retard JPs and reselling.

The US version was shit, though. Aeria was fucking terrible at managing the game and Atlus wasn't any better.
>>
File: 1457215832607.png (69 KB, 1060x774) Image search: [Google]
1457215832607.png
69 KB, 1060x774
>サービス終了 is real
>tfw you never got to Lv 98
At least it was fun making mid-game demons like Moloch and Yuki-onna as strong as endgame ones
>>
>>330686127
It would help if it wasn't basically a Korean MMO with horrible balance issues and a build system that makes it really, really easy to fuck yourself in the ass.
>>
>>330688196
They made the build system a bit easier where you can turn in dungeon treasures for Yagi reports that gave you expertise to level up your skills up to Rank 5, but you can still mess yourself up if you don't raise the expertise cap.

I also don't remember much balance issues besides Chaos not having much faceroll demons
>>
>>330688486
>I also don't remember much balance issues besides Chaos not having much faceroll demons
It was between gunners/melee/magic, not alignment. It may have eventually been fixed, but there was a huge gulf in effectiveness between those three builds in early versions of the game.
>>
>>330684209
Worst game in the franchise, I'm actually glad.
>>
>>330688794
Would the newer content being balls hard if you aren't geared well considered a balance issue? If you weren't geared well at 90+ you could only really leech Ueno Mirage/Second Home and run Disapora normally, but you won't do well in the other endgame party content.
>>
>>330689162
Not really, that's more of a gear check.
>>
File: 1376846790184.png (3 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
1376846790184.png
3 MB, 2816x2112
>>330684209
It was shit. Now maybe they'll make a good MegaTen MMO.
>>
>>330684530
The Japanese servers were.
>>
>>330689263
Even if the gear you need for it is locked behind cash shop/gacha walls unless you make about 100M+ macca?
>>
>>330689558
It's still a gear check, it's just an asshole gear check.
>>
>>330684209
Fuck no, they did some barely legal jewing and somehow when it came here Aeria managed to make it fucking worse
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.