[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8
File: 91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg (394 KB, 1500x1372) Image search: [Google]
91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg
394 KB, 1500x1372
What went wrong?
>>
nothing
>>
shitty art direction
shitty lighting

destroyed the atmosphere of the N64 classic
>>
>>330673401
Butchered gameplay elements and challenge:
-all the bossfights were ruined
-Deku moves like a slug
-proper swimming as Deku costs Mana now
-ice arrows don't create platforms on water any more
-everything and everyone's now marked on the Bomber's Notebook, meaning it bleeps all the time
-you get the notebook for free right when you go back in time for the first time

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but those are some of the biggest flaws.
>>
>>330673401
Literally nothing. It's the same great game just improved in every way.
>>
>>330674321
>-ice arrows don't create platforms on water any more

what
>>
>>330674321
>all the bossfights were ruined
You know you can play the original bosses if you play on new game plus, right?
>>
>>330674321
This true?
Was about to buy it too.
Guess I'll emulate the 64
>>
>>330674507
what how
>>
>>330673401
nothing, it's great
>>
>>330674321
>Butchered
>challenge
>flaws
Yeah, nothing there in your list is "butchered" and challenge? In a Zelda game? Nigger please.
>>
>>330674596
Fucking b8 mate!
>>
>on as shit handheld for a shit tiny screen
>>
>>330674321
>ice arrows don't create platforms on water any more
that's wrong you dingus
>>
I got MM for N64 but it's dated as fuck. 3DS version looks better but is it actually worse gameplay wise?
>>
>>330673401
Played Ocarina of Time and loved it.
Tried this and it felt so disjointed and badly put together.
>>
File: 468px-MM_TwinmoldGiant.jpg (31 KB, 468x263) Image search: [Google]
468px-MM_TwinmoldGiant.jpg
31 KB, 468x263
>>330673401
they fucking ruined twinmold
>>
>>330674596
Finish the game, start a new game, playthrough it. Christ anon.
>>
>>330674507
>new game plus
no I did not, and it'd be totally pointless at that point anyway.

>>330675228
it is. Even more so than the OoT3D.

I can still play the N64 originals just fine to this day. totally worth it.
>>
>>330675510
As in it is even worse or even better than the original?
>>
>>330674321
>-all the bossfights were ruined
They were VASTLY improved.

>Odolwa is no longer a clunky sword fight with ill defined hitboxes
>Gyorg is no longer a clusterfuck with shitty swimming slowing up the battle
>Twinmold is actually fun now
>>
>>330673401
Maybe i just don't have much nostalgia for the original (I did play it, but not until i was old enough to have a better judgement of what makes a game good) but I did enjoy the game more. I do agree that it didn't capture the atmosphere as well as the original, but the gameplay was a lot smoother.

But what do I know
>>
>>330675470
I did this shit and I could've sworn the boss battles were the same
>>
There just wasn't anything new. Having portable MM is nice, but I was honestly expecting dungeon remixes too.
>>
>>330675773
did it not have a master quest like oot3d?
>>
>>330675510
>it is. Even more so than the OoT3D.
How was OoT3D worse from a gameplay standpoint?

>Gyro aiming
>50% improved framerate
>Same resolution but less cluttered UI
>Iron boots aren't a hassle
>Can switch out items easier

I'm not so fond of MM3D (I still think it's an improvement on the N64 version, regardless) but OoT3D is an objective upgrade in pretty much everything gameplay.
>>
>>330675125
They only do in pre-determined areas, not wherever you want like in the original. Nintendo doesn't like the idea of playing the game and figuring things out in your own way.
>>
>>330675448
>ruined
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLtVyX-upho
Is this literally not the most painful thing you've ever seen?
>>
File: Skull_Kid_Cursing_You.png (337 KB, 800x431) Image search: [Google]
Skull_Kid_Cursing_You.png
337 KB, 800x431
>>330675448
this was fucking awesome. i don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>330675652
>As in it is even worse or even better than the original?
That kinda goes to the opinions category, as the main gameplay is the same, but all those changes to the bossfights, how the transformation masks work, and some items and way they're gained, do make the experience less enjoyable.

>>330675656
>They were VASTLY improved.
Yeah, fuck NOPE.

-Odolwa and Goht just feel like slower, more scripted and more limited versions of the old fights.
-Gyorg new 2nd phase is sort of interesting, but the first phase is now nothing but "look in the water and shoot" which isn't very fun
-Twinmold is the worst offender. The only purpose of the blue mold now is just to be the easy kill for the new donkey kong mask (which btw is also dumb, sword >>> punching) so it feels much more like "red mold with a blue mold cameo". Then the red mold takes forever because he has some stupid amount of HP. Feels like a very tedious fight the first time.
>>
>>330675854
I feel like maybe it had a hero mode with double damage or something, but no. No remixed dungeons.
>>
Nintendo decided to remake the worst Zelda game.
>>
>>330675656
>"They were VASTLY improved."
>the Aztec guy doesn't do his dance and mantra anymore, and is generally less spooky and easier than ever
>the Fish you can just snipe from the dry land
>The double snakes are unbalanced and the giant's mask feels stupid now
>all bosses have an obligatory "cinematic" thing you need to perform

>>330676167
the LttP?
>>
>>330676037
>Feels like a very tedious fight the first time.
As opposed to the Twinmold fight in the original..? That was tedious as fuck

>Attack tail
>Run around like idiot because you're out of magic
>Resort to arrows
>Die

Disagree with your thoughts on the other bosses, but the Twinmold one being turned in to an actual boss fight instead of a poorly implemented and tested giant battle was a godsend
>>
>>330676037
>-Gyorg new 2nd phase is sort of interesting, but the first phase is now nothing but "look in the water and shoot" which isn't very fun
Fucking Flase, im in the middle of playing the remake at the forth temple
With Gyorg you jump straight into the water in phase 1 and attack it with zora barrier
You are just being a nostalgia fag with a hate boner for remakes if you are spreading false infomation
I haven't bothered trying fighting the bosses in different ways but I bet there are more than one method in bringing out the bosses eyes
>>
>>330676010
This guy literally sucks though. Like watching egoraptor play.
>>
>>330676349
>As opposed to the Twinmold fight in the original..?
Yes.
>That was tedious as fuck
How the fuck? You slapped the mask on, and proceeded to rape some snake ass with your huge sword, taking down some ancient structures while at it to regain MP.

The whole thing's over in couple minutes, and I never used arrows. And I beat the game for the first time when I was 12.
>>
>>330676620
Also just chug down some milk and you are good.
>>
>>330676620
And if you run out of magic, you're fucked?
>>
>>330676990
That is what the Romani Milk is for.
>>
>>330676990
you get like 3 or more magic jars out of those stone pillars. You gotta be damn slow to not have enough mana.

also you never had any MP potions or milk with you? Fucking unlimited magic's at your very finger tips after doing the Romani ranch quests once!
>>
>>330676531
>first result on youtube
>>
>>330673401
its not on the playstation Vita
>>
Not really anything? I fucking love being able to play MM on the go.
>>
>>330676037
>donkey kong mask
What?..

Also Goht is exactly the same besides the eye
>>
>>330674595

Don't listen to this guy. MM is my favourite game and 3D is the definitive version.
>>
>>330678293
it's the worst version of MM though.

>>330679160
>What?..
punching < sword fighting.

>Also Goht is exactly the same besides the eye
the addition of the Eye on every single boss was stupid as fuck.

>>330679246
OoT and MM are both my top 3 games of all time, and I wouldn't touch the 3DS ports even with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>330679368
Autism.
>>
>>330674321
>Boss fights were refined
they're all better besides Goht I guess but he's always been fun.
>deku moves slow
Always kind of did and he should
>proper swimming
Who cares
>Ice arrows
Wrong
>notebook
Wrong and wrong wrong, its such a good change
You probably didnt even play it.
>>
Literally nothing, allowed me to play through a great game. The "easier" stuff is actually just less tedious.
Only downside is they ruined the Zora Mask.
>>
>>330679368
The changes were good, you tard. Take off those nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>330679368
Its a fucking great version. It really helps when I have to travel due to work.
>>
>remaster a classic video game
>change a bunch of shit
for what purpose? No seriously.
>>
>>330679368
Oh, Goron mask. So you complain that the deku is slow because he's a short shrub person but also complain that the Goron is strong. Sounds like you just don't like changes.

Also, >=greater than you retard

The eye on every boss just links them to the plot and Majora's mask at all, it's not even an issue.

You're just contrarian.
>>
>>330673401
literally nothing
>>
>>330679785
>remaster a game
>fix things that people didnt like or things that didnt work
>everyone bitches that its not the same
>everyone bitches if it is the same and screams rehash rehash

Why don't you RIKE ANYTING I DO?
>>
>>330677254
>>330677054
And if you DO run out of magic...then what?
>>
>>330679486
nope.

>>330679596
I actually replay my fav games around annually. They still hold up damn well. That does not change the fact that the 3DS ports are awful.

>>330679807
>Oh, Goron mask.
No, the fucking GIANT'S mask. You now have to PUNCH the giant worms to death, or rather first knock them out and then slam them to the ground, instead of slicing them with your sword.

>>330679807
>Also, >=greater than you retard
did ya miss the fact that I used the < mark?

>>330679983
then you're a moron.
>>
File: gannon.png (814 KB, 1069x918) Image search: [Google]
gannon.png
814 KB, 1069x918
>>330679368

+ Massively improved visuals: the game is pretty as fuck
+ Improved performance; I recall more framerate drops on 64
+ Save system fixed; it was really fucking dumb in 64, now you can save normally at owl statues any time
+ Bank is now located right next to the owl statue in Clock Town
+ Song of Double Time improved: less waiting more questing
+ Odolwa and Gyorg fights improved
+ New sidequest and bottle added
+ Completely optional fishing added if you're into that
+ Bomber's Notebook improved; now a lot more comprehensive and you don't have to do the hide and seek a second time to get the book
+ Game is PORTABLE

- Twinmold fight changed. A lot more interesting but also a little tedious.
- Zora swimming changed. Easier to control but expends magic to go fast.
- Song of Inverted Time nerfed. Game is technically harder but the 3-day run of the game is now impossible.
- Ice arrows now can only freeze water in predetermined spots
- Eyeballs added to every boss kind of ruins the flavor

What am I missing? I find the game just simply far better on 3DS.
>>
>>330680131
>then you're a moron.
No, then you're fucked because the game didn't plan for the player to run out of magic.
>>
They took the worst Zelda game and made it look worse.
>>
>>330679983
You should have killed him with downing the Romani Milk once. If not you could just down another.

Anon did you not use Romani Milk at all?
>>
File: everything will be fire.png (660 KB, 698x840) Image search: [Google]
everything will be fire.png
660 KB, 698x840
>people actually defend these nerfed down, fuglied up mobile ports of two perfect games
disgusting
>>
>>330680154

Oh I forgot to mention the inventory system with the touchscreen is great too. Customizeable layout, fucking awesome.
>>
>>330680209
No. What if I go in to that fight without Romani Milk. The game doesn't account for you running out of magic, which makes it poorly designed. They fixed this in the remake.
>>
>>330680170
>first mentions about having to use bows and arrows since he ran out of MP
>suddenly running out of MP is an issue
Plus the game provides you with near endless amounts of MP anyway.
You seriously gotta be a terrible player to fail at MM's bossfights.
>>
>>330680170
Yeah especially when you can get Romani Milk and have its effect last the entire fight.
>>
>>330673915
No it didn't.
>>
>>330680410
>Game has a design flaw
>Y-you're jsut bad!

Every time.
>>
>>330680353
it's been a while, but at least the Snow Peak dungeon's boss provided unlimited magic jars. From what I can recall, each boss provided you either with supplies, or an alternative way of dealing with the boss, such as those Deku flowers in the swamp temple.
>>
>>330680131
Literally the only things wrong with the 3DS port of Majora is the Zora swimming and ice arrows only working on certain parts.
>>
>>330680353
Why do you not have a jar of Romani Milk on hand? You have plenty of empty jars.

Still it was fine in the original and its fine in the remake.
>>
>>330680630
hes just an autismal retard. You literally get infinite Magio by drinking romani milk.
>>
They didn't make great bay temple less shit. Otherwise it's probably the definitive version of the game.
>>
>>330673401
Nothing, /v/ just being muh dark atmosphere fags.
>>
The bosses.

Some of the reworkings were nice ideas, but were executed poorly (Gyorg, Twinmold).

Others just did absolutely fucking nothing (Odolwa).
>>
>>330680250
But they objectively look better. Or did you like 2d backgrounds in buildings in oot?
>>
Shitty cartoony artwork ruins the atmosphere of the original.

Save System changes the entire dynamic of the game. While this is a pocket title so they had to add at least a better quick save feature the fact that they turned the quick save into an actual save is what killed it for me.
>>
The dungeons are still the worst of any 3D Zelda.
>>
first two boss changes were okay
second two boss changes were awful

the underwater controls having no consistency for the action on the context buttons was freaking terrible

it was a shaky port
>>
64 MM looked like it was made of mud

3ds MM looks like its made of plastic

Its a pretty drastic change
>>
>>330673401
It's on 3ds
>>
>>330681469
The saving was probably the best change they made. Inb4 casual. Not being able to save properly doesn't make the game hard it's just annoying. It was retarded in resident evil and it was retarded in mm.
>>
>>330681551
THIS
H I
I H
SIHT
>>
>>330673401
Nothing really. I wouldn't like the time constraint mechanism as a regular feature as I don't like being rushed in games but as a one off it was fine.
>>
File: 5p9eDgw.jpg (66 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
5p9eDgw.jpg
66 KB, 1440x900
>>330680250
>People actually think OOT and MM are perfect

wew lad
>>
File: oot alley.jpg (80 KB, 576x360) Image search: [Google]
oot alley.jpg
80 KB, 576x360
>>330681412
I actually do. I'm a sucker for pre-rendered backgrounds, and it hit me only later on how amazing it was to have them on a N64 game.
>>
>>330682068
I am still astounded from some of the shit on the N64. Like RE2 being on it and Dark Rift being in a constant 60fps.
>>
>>330675656
The twinmold fight was great originally, and while I like what they tried to do with MM3D, it felt wrong. Something about how Link moves felt like it was impossible to hit them or something. It's been a while though, maybe I'm just misremembering
>>
I haven't played it since I don't have a 3ds but even the visuals for the OoT remake were pretty off putting to me.

They just looked way too cartoony and I guess it made sense for that game if they wanted to appeal to a different market, but MM's fanbase love the game specifically for it's darker atmosphere. They should have gone with a different artstyle or just not done a remake at all. Making everything from the backgrounds, the environments, the character models, and even the animations so much more cartoony makes it feel like a Mario game, not Zelda.

On top of that they just added some weird shit that didn't make any sense. I get redesigning the bosses but having every single one of them have the exact same retarded ass giant eyeball weakpoint is stupid and doesn't make any sense, especially considering the boss's designs. I thought it was kinda neat on Odolwa but on the others it just looks ridiculous. Like why the fuck does a giant robot goat have a balloon shaped eyeball growing out of its back? I thought a lot of the appeal to MM's bosses was the fact that they didn't have some arbitrary weak spot like all the other Zelda games' bosses had had before.
>>
>>330682984
Wasn't the reason supposed to be majora watching you or something?
>>
>>330673401
Not much, the only real drastic change are the bosses in which they're no longer "hit them until they die" and more of "hit them until they show their weakpoint and then kill them". Zora swimming was also nerfed too, need magic to go fast now.

Everything else is mostly just for the sake of convenience, like the Bomber's Notebook is more detailed and keeps track of more shit, which you get right away after the first cyclr. Song of Double Time lets you choose any hour to skip forward to. Save system with owl statues are actual saves now and not just quick saves that gets erased upon reloading. Bomber kids telling you rumours when you talk to them which hint on sidequests you haven't done yet.
>>
>>330679983
You shoot arrows at his tail
>>
>>330683638
The most correct post
>>
>>330676010
>limits self to 3 heart run
>didn't get double magic bar
>doesn't realize the broken columns have magic
If you're going to do a 3 hear run at least know how to play
He is shit
>>
File: 1457801932418.png (1 MB, 1007x907) Image search: [Google]
1457801932418.png
1 MB, 1007x907
>>330683171
Holy shit, is THAT the reason they gave for it?
That's pretty terrible.
It just looks like a shitty add-on. Like they thought "how can we lengthen these boss fights? people said they were too easy before" and some asshole was like "oh I know, let's add a giant glowing weakpoint that looks like a hot air balloon to every boss"

It'd work if they all had a different, interesting weakpoint, like say, Odolwa had the eye on the back of his head and Goht has a tail that's his only weakspot that you can hit when he's downed but giving every single one of them the exact same ridiculous weak spot is just lazy.
>>
>>330684258
>Aonuma: I've been saying that all of the boss battles are weird. All of them. When you first face a boss, it is natural to start looking for its weakness so you can figure out where to attack it. However, in the Nintendo 64 version of this game, you couldn't see the weaknesses at all.

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/majoras-mask-3d/0/5
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.