[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I used a trusty 15$ keyboard for 3 years, yesterday the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: keybrd.png (784 KB, 852x467) Image search: [Google]
keybrd.png
784 KB, 852x467
Guys, I used a trusty 15$ keyboard for 3 years, yesterday the D key broke and I bought another 15$ keyboard, but it sucks ass, so I decided to buy a better keyboard, what do you think it's the best for gaming? do you think it doesn't matter? I don't care about stupid lights and shit, I just wanna know what do you think it's the best choice for someone who play lot's of games, no frills attached, please.
>>
I'M ETHAN BRADBERRY
>>
>>330650869
ahah
>>
File: images (11).jpg (27 KB, 547x269) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
27 KB, 547x269
This. Steel series 6vg2 i think its called. Simple and tough.
>>
any keyboard with cherry mx brown switches

ducky make quality boards
>>
>>330650530
>Sharkoon Skiller Gaming
Try that one.
Sure it's a retarded as fuck brogamer name, but works really well, has regular ass MM keys and comes wih actually good quality rubber replacemnt kes for wasd and the arrow keys.
>>
>>330652368
Don't bother with pro or premium shit tho, no one need that shit
>>
>>330650530
Get a mechanical keyboard
>>
>>330651638
I'm using this one. Literally the cheapest mechanical keyboard i could find and it's worth its money. Solid build, would recommend
>>
File: corsair k70 sale.png (318 KB, 1907x700) Image search: [Google]
corsair k70 sale.png
318 KB, 1907x700
Corsair K70, you can get one on sale for like $70-100$

Metal frame, volume wheel, Cherry MX color of your choosing, media keys, extremely premium/durable
>>
>>330650530
honestly? if I ruined my keyboard like this on accident I wouldn't even bother and just buy a new one, holy shit
>>
>>330652675
What'd a cherry mx color? Like LED shit?
>>
>>330650530
>Eating at your keyboard.

Time to grow up.
>>
>>330652793
http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/
>>
I heard some good and some really bad stuff about "Das Keyboard"
now I don't know, probably going for something different
>>
>>330652675
>refurbished
ehhhhhhhh

I mean my refurbished GameCube still works ok, and GPU, but I'm always iffy about something like this for a controller.
>>
>>330652747
From h3h3
>>
>>330652869
those gifs are so satisfying to watch
>>
>>330652793
The switches change how the keys feel and how much force is used for a key press. I went with red, but I am going to use brown next.
>>
>>330652675
Second this
>>330652793
Refers to the type of key, for the K70 I recommend brown as its a good balance between typing clickity clackity and response times for "gaming"
>>
I can give you the D
>>
>>330652675
Have this with brown switches.

Typing shit feels a bit like having sex.
>>
I love my blue switches and ill never go back
>>
I cleaned out my keyboard, dismantled the whole thing compressed air rubbing alcohol full treatment. But still half the keyboard doesn't respond right.

I used to treat my stuff pretty bad and I really regret it.

Guess I'll look into one of these K70s.
>>
>>330653567
K70 is perfect for cleaning, they keys are raised rather than having a "cavity". You can just tip it over the trashcan and crumbs will fall out
>>
Look into the Noppoo Lolita Spyder 86. They are cheap ten key less mechanical keyboards that are highly durable. If you want to go a little further, buy a Poker II.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/HV-KB366L-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches/dp/B014SHAGVI

This one is a pretty solid mechanical keyboard
>>
>>330654602
But Annnooonnnnn, I already have it!

Have it? Havit? Get it?

Dohohohoh
>>
OP here, thanks guys I guess I'll go with the Steel series 6vg2 , I just prefer the no shit look compared to the how shiny I am look of the others
>>
K70 if you're willing to spend $80 on a keyboard

WYSE Cherry Black and an adapter if you're handy with electronics

IBM Model M if you want to browse used keyboard listings for days / want a 5 pound keyboard that handles like a tank and clicks like a motherfucker

Logitech K120 if you don't fit in any of those categories
>>
whatever keyboard you get you should think about getting a backlit keyboard, its surprising just how helpful having your keys lit up is.
>>
I think a Logitech K120 is just what you want, don't listen to these people saying mechanical is better for gaming, I bet they can't point out a single reason why other than "to compensate their tiny little penises".
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.