[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think about Splinter Cell series?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
What do you guys think about Splinter Cell series?
>>
It's dead jim
>>
Chaos theory is like the best but it feels a bit stiff and awkward to control.
The newer ones are okay, Blacklist had a pretty fun multiplayer.

ᵐᵍˢ ᶦˢ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
>>
Chaos Theory is the GOAT stealth game. The series died when they replaced Ironside, the last good game was Double Agent (The Xbox/PS2 version)
>>
One of my favorites. Not a single bad main game. Conviction was an excellent game for Sam Fisher's character, and Blacklist is still the best stealth game on the market. Nothing's come close to beating it (I loved MGSV but stealth wise Blacklist is still better).
>>
>>330650485
They'll never beat MGS( now also dead). A corporate as fuck series.
>>
>>330650485
Fun.
Earlier games are very interesting from a mechanical point of view and deliver a deeper experience.
Newer games are very casual but fun.
>>
File: 184.gif (398 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
184.gif
398 KB, 300x167
>>330650817
>ᵐᵍˢ ᶦˢ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
>>330651259
>They'll never beat MGS
>>
>>330651169
Isn't Blacklist more like an action game
>>
>>330651169
Blacklist isn't even the best Splinter Cell game, let alone the best stealth game out there, and Conviction is a terrible stealth game.
>>
The first game got me into the stealth genre
>>
Why are you fags even bringing up MGS they're not even comparable until MGS3 era
>>
>blacklist
>sam ages in reverse by 20 years to justify the new va
>>
CT > 1 > PT > BL > DA > Conviction
>>
>>330650485
Everything up to CT was great.
Double Agent was shaky.
Conviction was shit
Blacklist had some decent moments but dropped Ironside and had way too many cinematic bottlenecks forced into every mission. The faster paced stealth is interesting but it's clear that the devs aren't going to risk losing the mainstream market for stealthfags.
>>
File: 1.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
>>330651493
>>
>>330650485

Chaos Theory was the pinnacle of the agent stealth genre.

I mean, Metal Gear has it's and is more of a favorite series of mine. Despite that, none of them really come close to what Chaos Theory was.

Other games in the series didn't really pull me in, though.
>>
>>330651493
No, and if you had play it you'd know this for yourself. The 'Blacklist isn't stealth' meme has been perpetuated mainly by people who haven't played it. They'll cherrypick the sections where you're forced to knock out/kill people, but they're few and far between, and most them don't even know that you get the most amount of points for leaving enemies undisturbed (which is where the challenge comes from).

>>330651504
Never called it the best, and I meant it's the best stealth game since it came out. Nothing's topped it. And I don't even recognize Conviction as stealth. It's action-stealth. Still absolutely fun as fuck, and allowed based Tobin to create the best tracks since CT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQkJJMzhf3U
>>
>>330651729
I agree with this only I'd say 1=PT
>>
>>330651729
Add old gen DA after CT and then it's complete.
>>
I have not played Chaos Theory. Does it hold up, or do people just have massive nostalgia over it
>>
>>330652349
It holds up hugely. Play the PC version, still looks good.
>>
>>330652349
PC version looks pretty damn good to this day. Game pad supported & multiplayer still works for that glorious co-op.
>>
>>330650817
How to do small text please?
>>
>>330653095
same as reddit, use a caret
>>
>>330650817
>>ᵐᵍˢ ᶦˢ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
Tranq Gun: The Series
>>
>>330653401
Only time it really became a problem was in MGS4 and MGSV, which would be like basing Splinter Cell off of Conviction and Blacklist. In MGS you didn't have any silenced weapons until later in the game. In MGS2 you had to find it. In MGS3, you had to find silencers and they wore out. Even in aforementioned black sheep MGSV, you had a very limited number of shots you could fire suppressed until you had the GMP to either refill your supply or build better ones.
>>
>>330651729
This is a flawless list
>>
>Mouse scroll to change walk speed

MORE GAMES NEED TO DO THIS IF THEY HAVE STEALTH
>>
>>330650817
>ᵐᵍˢ ᶦˢ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
keksimus maximus
>>
>>330653207
^test^
>>
CT = BL (Perfectionist) > 1 > PT > DA > BL (Casual Difficulty) > Conviction

Come at me.
>>
File: SAcMX2g.jpg (32 KB, 539x539) Image search: [Google]
SAcMX2g.jpg
32 KB, 539x539
>>330651729
This is actually a great list. Good job.
>>
After all those years, I have no idea how to strikethrough
>>
>>330650485
never cared for them. never been able to enjoy tom clancy's style of wank
>>
File: BDT.png (440 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
BDT.png
440 KB, 684x513
I played Blacklist recently, it has some neat shit, but holy fuck that game is everything wrong with context sensitive action gameplay.

Want to drop down from this pipe? LOL you can't drop down here unless there is a guard under you silly!
Shooting at an enemy? This is a good time for Sam to just suddenly stop aiming his gun because OOPS you got a bit too close to a wall there!

I played on perfectionist and almost everytime I died it felt like it was because the controls were fucking me over.
>>
>>330650485
Blacklist was a step in the right direction so i'm hopeful for the series.
>>
>>330650485
The first four were brilliant stealth games that beat mgs in terms of stealth gameplay.

Conviction was dudebro shit.
Blacklist was alright, I guess.
>>
>>330658116
>four
DA was shit, shittier than Conviction, unless you played last gen version.
>>
>>330658203
I had it on ps2, so it was alright. Granted, the graphics were comparable to a shit-smear, but the gameplay was very reminiscent of CT.
>>
>>330658340
>the graphics were comparable to a shit-smear, but the gameplay was very reminiscent of CT.
Yup, I think it was even made by the same team as CT.
It's a shame better game with old team got to be the "worse" version because it wasn't on next gen consoles
>>
I liked blacklist. It's good for what it is, the controls are great and it's altogether very fluid. I wouldn't say it's the greatest stealth game or anything, but it's fun.
>>
>>330658660
Yeah, and I was sort of pissed off that I didn't get to play that skyscraper mission from the next-gen version. The next gen game had all the cool concepts: daytime mission on a cruise boat, skydiving into the Antarctic, underwater infiltration, and all the neat shit that made my twelve year old self sperg the fuck out with anticipation. Too bad the execution was so shit.
>>
>>330659176
>daytime mission on a cruise boat
I wonder if that was the reason they changed to binary visibility system.
>>
File: 1455579463468.jpg (616 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1455579463468.jpg
616 KB, 900x900
Never played one.

I was considering Blacklist.
>>
>>330656435
lel
>>
>>330660763
I know miku is waifu bait but I still love how she looks
>>
>>330653401

I haven't played through mgs1 and mgs2 vr missions: The Post
>>
I thought you can do a perfect Ghost runthrough on Blacklist?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.