[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: Maria_AstraClockTower.jpg (401 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Maria_AstraClockTower.jpg
401 KB, 1920x1080
This is my first "Souls" game, and I can't get enough of it. I'm playing the Old Hunters on NG + and this Maria is destroying me.

Anyway, I'm curious to play the other games in the series. Should I play Demon Souls, Darks Souls 1, or DS2? Or just wait for DS3?
>>
Play any of them.
From what I've been told by my faggot friend whose first game was Bloodborne, everything is slower in the other games in comparison.
>>
DaS > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
Play Demon Souls and DkS1
DkS2 is a pile of steaming shit.
>>
ngl, looking at the other Souls games is underwheling visual-wise. But if it plays similar to BB, I'm sure I'll still enjoy them.
>>
BB is definitely the least 'souls' of the Souls games, but it's still basically the same. I personally find Demon's Souls a bit boring. I know a lot of people like it I just think it's dull when compared to the other titles. I'd start with Dark Souls
>>
>>330640440
Yea thinking of maybe DS1. I heard DS2 wasn't very good.
>>
>>330640440
I think you're overstating how bad DaS2 is.
It isn't as terrible, but it isn't as good as the other games in the lineup.
>>
>>330640197
Yes.
>>
>>330640197
3 will play most similarly to bb

the impervious entries will feel slow
>>
>>330640197
play all but 2
>>
I want to bully Maria
>>
>>330640197
>Demon Souls, Darks Souls 1, or DS2
All of them, obviously. Get SOTFS instead of old DS2, the expansion packs are the best bits of the game. If you like Bloodborne you'll like all of them. Just expect to re-learn the rules each time because they all play differently.
>>
>>330640520
Dark Souls 2 being bad is a meme, it has problems but so does every Souls games but Dark Souls 2 receives more criticism because 'muh b team' meme. Literally only /v/ has a problem with it, look up some gameplay and decide for yourself.
>>
>>330640671
>Being a filthy Marxist and using the meme defence
Dark Souls 2 being bad in comparison to the others is a fact and the only reason why it's said often is because it's true.
>>
>>330640671
Only on /v/ is the idea that the people creating something can affect the quality a "meme"

Just imagine this shit on any other board.

>"Directors are a meme, terminator 3 is just as good as the two other james cameron terminators."
>"Scarlett is just as good as gone with the wind. >muh Mitchell"
>>
>>330640671
>lying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
>>
>>330640197
If your going to play any next, make it Demons Souls.

The other games are much similar to eachother than Bloodborne is because they all share mechanics (shields, some kind of punishment on death other than loss of Souls, equip load, STR/DEX/FAI/INT being the primary stats that define a playstyle).

Demons is the first, and thus most basic and unbalanced (Magic is so Overpowered it becomes almost sad), so playing it first will allow you to appreciate the quality of life improvements made in Dark Souls instead of arkwardly getting used to something you've grown accustomed to being fixed.

You should definetly play Dark Souls after that, then maybe DaS2 but honestly I hated it. It's not a bad game compared to the shit that's out there, but compared to what came before and after I just wasn't having fun.

Dark Souls 3 looks good though.
>>
>>330640878
>is a fact
It's literally an opinion not a fact.
>I don't like it, therefor it's fact it's worse
See, just a bunch of meme lords on /v/
>>
>>330640592
>impervious

What
>>
>>330641235
>meme lords
see >>330640932
>>
>>330640932
>Liking Terminator 2
"Go back to 9gag with your shitty memes".

Marxists are everywhere, stay strong and remember that our experiences are made up of the physical, not the other way around.

>>330641235
It is a fact, just because you don't want it to be doesn't make it an opinion or a meme, no matter how many times you screech it.
>>
>>330641538
But he literally said Dark Souls 2 is factually worse. Except that's not ture, Dark Souls 2 being worse is an OPINION. You can then conclude he's just memeing.

inb4 some really dumb shit like 'LEL XD ITS A FACT BECAUSE I SAY SO'
>>
>>330640520
DaS2 was a step-down from DeS and DaS, but it's far from an outright bad game on its own merits. There's some good stuff there, particularly on the DLC.
>>
File: 1457860016390.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1457860016390.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>>330641657
How is Dark Souls 2 factually worse? What makes Dark Souls 1 factually better in a way that has nothing to do with tastes or preferences. You can't because you're pretending to be retarded for free (You)'s or you don't know the difference between 'fact' and 'opinion' is.
>>
>>330641659
So is there any game that is objectively worse than a different game?

You seem very defensive about this particular pile of crap.
>>
>>330641657
>"Go back to 9gag with your shitty memes".
You know fuck Souls and fuck this autist who thinks facts are memes. He is retarded.

I wanna know what you don't like about Terminator 2.
>>
If you go from BB -> DS2 like I did, you probably end up giving up on souls games.

Just don't do it, there's no reason to do that to yourself. Skip 2 and go straight to DS1 then DES.
>>
>>330641809
In terms of technical things, yes games be objectively worse. Let's say Dark Souls 2 had worse graphics than Dark Souls 1 (Not talking about artstyle, I mean actually graphics). That would make it objectively worse in that respect. But the word objectively is thrown around so fucking often it's basically lost all meaning so what does it matter.
>>
Play all of them you stupid nigger and leave this thread before you get shit spoiled for you or go into any one of the games fully aware of flaws you might miss on your first playthrough.
>>
>>330641787
Level design.
Boss Design.
Writing.

The core combat.
>>
>>330641956
Well the graphics in most place are a lot worse in das2. Especially armor textures.
>>
>>330640197
I played Blood Borne first. Then Demon's Souls. Then Dark Souls. Then Dark Souls 2 and couldn't even bare to play anymore after the first 4 hours.
>>
I would recommend you play them in the order I did, because I am glad i got to experience the direction that the series has gone, although I have yet to play BB.

So, start to play dark souls 1, I don't know how you will find it considering you started on BB which I have heard is just as good as DS1, but regardless it is considered to be the best game in the series.

Then right after play demon's souls, you will get an idea of where dark souls came from and probably appreciate it even more.

Then, go play DS2 scholar of the first sin and try to figure out why they went the direction they did, because I sure as hell can't.
>>
>>330641965
>Level design
Some people prefer Dark Souls 2's
>Boss Design
>Writing

I know in the /v/ hugbox of where people can only like things I like you don't see these people often, but some people like Dark Souls 2 more than Dark Souls 1. They think it's better. it's their opinion. It's not a fact.

Enjoy those (You)'s m8 you've earned them
>>
>>330640197
just play demons souls

IGNORE MEME SOULS AT ALL COST
>>
>>330642279
>>Boss Design
>Some people prefer Dark Souls 2's
Circlin around that one huge guy, oh yeah that was great
>>
So I haven't played DeS in a long time and went back to it last weekend with my friend and I've got to say it's far and away the worst game in the series.
Even though people aren't keen on DS2, that game makes the first one look like a baby game for babies. Enemies barely do any damage, can't even see you with the theif's ring, most bosses can't fight back if you plink them with magic/arrows, infinite dirt cheap healing items and HP regen gear, and if you invest in miracles at all you can ressurect yourself twice before finally dieing.
The game had some cool ideas behind it. World tendency was a cool idea and it has the best variety in boss fights, even though the fights were all shitty. Like it's probably worth playing but you'll be hugely disappointed if it's not your first Souls game.
>>
>>330642279
Yeah, some people are retards.
>>
>>330642279
It's as easy as simply not talking to morons, anon. Do yourself a favor and completely ignore stupid shit, it's not as if any arguments on this website matter once the thread is finished and you're just wasting your time.
>>
File: 1456965840363.jpg (64 KB, 1079x1240) Image search: [Google]
1456965840363.jpg
64 KB, 1079x1240
>>330642279

>some people prefer Dark Souls 2 level design
>>
>>330641965
>writing
Souls never had good writing.
>>
>>330642279
>Some people have bad taste
There is your solution.
Just consider the possibility that you might be one of them.

And I wasn't expecting any more (You)s other than your butthurt idiot.
And looking at our post you are getting more.
So if I were an attention whore hungry for replies I would've just said something stupid like "Dark Souls 2 being bad is a meme".
You are definitely projecting here.
>>
File: smug phil.jpg (147 KB, 372x508) Image search: [Google]
smug phil.jpg
147 KB, 372x508
>>330642279
>>Boss Design
>Some people prefer Dark Souls 2's
What's your point? Some people are retarded
>>
>>330642372
>Anybody that likes something I don't like is retarded and doesn't count, only my opinions count, I decide what is fact
You decide your own opinions, not what is fact. Call Dark Souls 2 a bad game all you want but stop being a dumbass and learn what an 'opinion' is.
>>
>>330641895
You missed the point due to being retarded. Just like everything everyone else has told you. I was pointing out that /tv/ uses the Meme defence just like you, due to stinking Marxists cucks being everywhere.
>>
>>330642279
>defending the game that was literally scrapped mid development
>>
>>330642449
I agree.
The actual writing is technically just passable but it gets bonus points from me for the presentation and not being in the way of the gameplay.

Das2 is still worse.
>>
>>330642457
>Some people have bad taste
>T-those people don't count!
Grasping at straws here I see
>>
>>330642509
I know opinions and yours is shit.
>>
>>330642514
I have never seen anyone on /tv/ claim that "directors are a meme" "muh cameron"
>>
>>330642575
That's fair.

Souls lore isn't any more interesting than D&D or those '80s Fighting Fantasy novels (Both of which Miyazaki and co. have a giant boner for) but the presentation and delivery is clever.
>>
>>330642625
I never even said I liked Dark Souls 2, just that people here don't know what words such as fact, opinion, and objectively mean. Glad you've finally learned.
>>
>>330642578
They have nothing to do with the argument.

The argument is
>DaS2 is bad
not
>Nobody likes DaS2.
>>
>>330642323

terrible advice

why would you recommend a title that is inferior to dark souls 1 in every way?
>>
>>330642720
Yes, and a retard's opinion means nothing.
>>
>>330642739
The argument is
>Dark Souls 2 is factually bad
It's not, it may be bad to some, that's an opinion. But calling something factually bad is retarded. People think too highly of their own opinions so they state them as fact and that's something idiots do.
>>
>>330642930
>Only MY opinions matters, everyone else is retarded
You sound like a little kid when you use the worse retarded in every sentence.
>>
>>330642720
>>330642935
what do you get out of pointing that out?

Do you want people to stop posting their opinions on games on a fucking game discussion board?
What do you think you are achieving here?

What you are arguing is an incredibly philosophical thing about objectivity and has no fucking place here.
Not in this thread, this board, this website and not on the fucking internet.

True objectivity is not possible. But we have to have some agreed on collective subjectivity. Which is what any normal non autist would call objectivity.
For example bugs are not objectively a flaw. Especially considering some cause emergent gameplay.
but generally people accept that they are "objectively" bad.
>>
>>330643005
Sorry, I'll stick to the better retards from now on.
>>
>>330640671
>Dark Souls 2 receives more criticism because 'muh b team' meme.
it recieves more criticism because it's objectively the worst game
>>
Skip DS2 and play all other ones.
DS2 will feel horrible after BB.
>>
File: 3ds-iwata-stache.png (95 KB, 428x299) Image search: [Google]
3ds-iwata-stache.png
95 KB, 428x299
Not OP, but ive been playing Bloodborne for the first time and it is a lot of fun.

Question though, is Arcane worth putting points into? I feel like magic won't be very useful in this game and that there is such a variety in badass weapons that I should save my points for Strength and Skill.
>>
>>330644894
Arcane gets some nifty tools but they're rather hard to come by and easy to miss. Arcane can also effectively use almost every weapon in the game with the use of arcane gems, but like the tools those are also hard to come by.

If it's you're first playthrough i would still to either skill or strength and leave bloodtinge / arcane builds for additional playthroughs once you get used to the game. But if you happen by some tools you want to try out a bit into arc won't hurt.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.