[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could we get a 2D Mario game that feels like the 3D ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 200px-SML2RabbitMario.png (63 KB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
200px-SML2RabbitMario.png
63 KB, 200x242
Could we get a 2D Mario game that feels like the 3D ones?
>>
>>330616719
Yes, but why would you want that?
>>
that would be stupid. Mario 64 and Sunshine are build around multiple goals and exploration. If you do that in a 2d platformer, it;s just going to be a very tall or long level with backtracking and multiple paths
>>
>>330616719
some of the SMBX games have that feeling, but like >>330617972 says, they're all very large vertically and horizontally.
>>
Like a reverse 3d Land/World?
>>
>>330616719
No.
>>
File: supermariomaker.png (158 KB, 442x588) Image search: [Google]
supermariomaker.png
158 KB, 442x588
>>330616719
You can try.
>>
>>330616719
We already have it. It's called Super Paper Mario.
>>
http://www.dan-dare.org/FreeFun/Games/MarioSunshine.htm
>>
I'd rather play a 3D mario that felt like a 3D mario, or a 2D mario that felt like a 2D mario, or hell, any mario that felt like it had a soul since we haven't seen that in 10 years save for Galaxy.
>>
>>330618946

I don't even need to visit that link

I know exactly what that is

It's the Super Mario 64 2D Mode with Sunshine gimmick

It was alright but im pretty sure it aged like shit
>>
>>330619160

>any mario that felt like it had a soul since we haven't seen that in 10 years save for Galaxy.

I want to punch people like you who pretend NSMBU wasnt fantastic

3D World was also fucking great, fuck you

It had a soul in it's fucking platforming and gameplay elements

It also went to different locations that's not limited like Sunshine and Galaxy was to Tropical Islands and Space
>>
>>330617972
This.

And if you're suggesting they be like the Galaxy games, they already are. Except maybe they don't have gravity flipping.
>>
>>330616719

So new super mario bros.?
>>
>>330619360
>nsmb
>soul

>galaxy locations
>limited

are you a real person
>>
SMB3 and the original World/Land games are still the only worthwhile Mario games.

>B-but Mario Sixty-Snore
>>
>>330622424
this, that guy is a retard

NSMBU and 3D World had, at best, little tiny diamonds in a big pile of dog food. The overwhelming majority was depressingly hot garbage, and some bright spots here and there couldn't help its steaming mediocrity. Galaxy did more with 'limited' space than either game with all of their sterile repackagings ever could.
>>
Go play donkey kong 94

The acrobatics in that game put sunshine to shame
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.