[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fighting stick meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2352355.png (822 KB, 940x540) Image search: [Google]
2352355.png
822 KB, 940x540
>using a stick for digital inputs instead of buttons

I hope you didn't fall for the stick meme when hitbox/keyboard are proven to be the best input devices for fighting games.
>>
youll be able to afford a stick one day
>>
Keep working on your savings anon. You'll make enough eventually for a stick.
>>
File: 1453546677553.png (227 KB, 769x679) Image search: [Google]
1453546677553.png
227 KB, 769x679
>>330615653
>live in hueland
>have some money saved
>not enough for a good fighting stick
>torn between Hori Mini or just buying some games

Life is suffering, I hate playing on a controller so much.
>>
>>330615653
>>330615804
If you actually used your brain you would see that it's only logical.
Most of the time turning the stick is completely wasted since it only registers a few set inputs in the same time you would have been able to press multiple buttons.

Not to mention some other advantages like charge moves where you can hold back the whole time(since forward overrides back) and can perform them much quicker when you need to.

Hitbox/Keyboard may take more practice to get used to but they are certainly better in the long run.
>>
>>330616345

You can do motions on a stick much faster than you can with buttons, doesn't murder your fingers either
>>
i have a stick, but i'd so totally use a keyboard if there was a PC to PS4 adapter for it
>>
>>330616551
This makes no sense, as I said using a stick for digital inputs is basically like pressing buttons but with unnecessary downtime between them.
>>
>>330615525

I would use something like a hitbox but it would be way too much effort to retrain myself to use it.
>>
Can I change the keybinds yet or no
>>
>>330616345
If you actually used your brain you'd see that it's an opinion
>>
>>330616891
use autohotkey and google the script for SFV
>>
>>330616724
>unnecessary downtime
A half circle is one movement on stick, to do it with buttons requires 3 buttons and 5 different inputs, requiring you to hold multiple buttons at the time and takes significantly longer. A 360 is even worse
>>
>>330615525
Hitbox is arguable, but no way on keyboards. Mostly because it's more frustrating to get diagonal inputs compared to a stick or pad.

As someone who's spent many, many hours playing fighting games on keyboard in the past, I can say pretty safely that I find motions much easier on proper devices. With a stick, it's a simple movement of the wrist. And with a pad, it's just a swipe of the thumb.
>>
>>330617080
No it doesn't, you probably never used a hitbox/keyboard. in SFV you just press the 3 buttons in a row you don't need "half" inputs.
>>
>>330617246
>in SFV

That's not every fighting game
>>
>>330615525
skill isn't based on the controller
if a motherfucker can pull a 720 during a red parry on a PS2 controller then it doesn't mean shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.