[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes him so special?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 940x940) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 940x940
What exactly is Master Chief's "luck"?

How does that manifest as an ability?
>>
>>330610035
You don't question the Chief, anon.
>>
>>330610035
Luck O' Jude

Eye O' The Shekel

Franchise Floaties filled with monies
>>
Deus ex machina
>>
>>330610035
learn to pick up on the lingo, OP

Luck=plot armor
>>
It's like a Lancer, except the complete opposite.
>>
>>330610035
He crits more.
>>
>>330610035
His luck has been plot power/plot device since the first game and the first book. It's just a lazy write-off for explaining how he survives impossible falls, multiple alien infestation invasions, surviving a Hunter's plasma blast (or dodging it within inches of losing a limb, been years since I read the book), etc. It seems like most of the books or games only use his luck to get him out of situations that are otherwise impossible to get out of, and at all other times forget his luck exists.
>>
He can respawn.
>>
>>330610035
Is this because of Death Battle? Please tell me it isn't.
>>
He is the chosen one destined to defeat the ancient evil which has awoken
>>
>>330610763
I'm the OP, I don't know what that is.
>>
File: 1457652670879.jpg (51 KB, 359x305) Image search: [Google]
1457652670879.jpg
51 KB, 359x305
>>330610035

He believes in the me that believes in the you that believes in the me that believes in you that believes in him, which gives him the ability to believe in the self that believes in himself.

This causes an increase of 1200% to his determination, rendering him immune to the timeline and simply refusing to die. Basically, you are fucked.
>>
>>330610035
There were hundreds of Spartans. Thousands if you count up all the programs.

Statistically one of them would survive all challenges placed before them. Cortana was capable of using math magic to predict which one was flawless and which ones would die.
>>
roll max luck at birth m8
>>
>>330610540
This right here.
>>
It's called genetic manipulation done by the Forerunners.
>>
>Playing F:NV
>Name character "John Spartan".
>Luck 10

As it should be.
>>
File: 2ynh1le.png (81 KB, 480x280) Image search: [Google]
2ynh1le.png
81 KB, 480x280
Luck is a skill
>>
Luck is what we've thought for a while, but the writing is on the walls is that he has the Imprint from the Ur-Didact, meaning he is able to complete these tasks because in his blood runs the genes of the Ur-Didact
>>
They should have put kelly in instead.
>>
A joke among HR people is this:
"When I get a stack of resumes, I take half of them and throw them in the trash. I don't want unlucky people working in my department."
>>
>>330611613
Kelly replacing Locke when?
>>
>>330610035
It made sense, because he was supposed to be until lore rape made Master Chief not the last Spartan II
>>
>>330610035
It doesn't.
But it sounds "cool".
>>
>>330612114
How would they do that at this point? And wouldn't people complain that Halo is ripping off metroid now?
>>
>>330612895
>Locke trips and breaks his neck
>Kelly takes his helmet and puts it on
>"I am the second protagonist now"

Not difficult.
>>
Master Chief is boring who cares?
>>
>>330610035
Plot armor.
Saves his ass.
>>
>>330611313
how did his luck work in the simulation?
>>
I wish Master Chef still looked like that.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.