[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>8k peak players on launch weekend I hope you are happy /v/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 8k.jpg (64 KB, 734x454) Image search: [Google]
8k.jpg
64 KB, 734x454
>8k peak players on launch weekend

I hope you are happy /v/. All your shitposting made the game an outright sales flop. I hope you are happy that this probably the last Hitman game we'll ever see.
>>
>>330593279
>always online
They brought it on themselves
>>
>>330593279
>that this probably the last Hitman game we'll ever see.

Blood money was the last Hitman game I saw.
>>
All they had to do was release a 60$ with lots of content and deeper level design and AI than Blood Money (Not hard taking into account today's hardware compared with 2007).

But they had to slap their DRM in and release the levels in an episodic model.
>>
People shitposting on a anonymous internet imageboard is the prime reason games flop. Truly.
>>
muh one level full priced gayme
>>
I hope Hitman and SFV see success in the long term but I'm glad this sort of release model is so risky. It weeds out the devs not committed to fulfilling their promises.
>>
>>330593279
It's not the shitposting, but the fact that Steam is filled with hivemind memespouting children and manchildren who can't afford good internet and a good PC, or to live in places that offer good internet. All those negative reviews are about so called bugs and the always online, two "problems" that no one who isn't a poorfag even encounters while playing.

The game itself is great. But none of them care about that.
>>
They killed hitman themselves.

Should have just made a full game.
>>
"Our" shitposting did nothing, perhaps put a few thousand people off at best. The game is shitty from a technical and business perspective and deserves to suffer sales because of that. Release a full, working game with no online bullshit and you will see sales.
>>
>always online
>games as a service bullshit
>sequel to a terrible game in a franchise that hasn't been relevant in a decade

no thanks
>>
Not in the Hitman loop, did they use a different voice actor this time around too?

OP, why would you keep buying games in a franchise that gets worse with every installment because you have a faint hope (what a joke) that the next one will be good again?
>>
>>330597326
>no one who isn't a poorfag even encounters while playing.
The servers shat themselves at peak hours last night for several hours.
>>
>>330593279
They brought it on themselves. Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to release a AAA title in segments? Where does the hype lead to? I couldn't care less about the launch of a single level, and by the time the entire game is out no one will give a shit. Seriously the stupidest marketing BS I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>330593279
I would have paid full price for it just like shitty Absolution just for the chance of playing another Hitman game. However i'm not retarded enough to buy bite sized chunks of it like some fucking early access kickstarter title.

I'll pirate the thing when I can.
>>
>>330599741
>I'll pirate the thing when I can.
LOL
>>
>>330599608
The initial plan was to release with way more content, hell, they may have planned to release it whole and then keep updating it with more DLC for years, but it looks like Square got greedier and greedier with time and kept making them more and more episodic.

Last year we were supposed to get Paris, Italy and Morocco at release, but in January they changed it to just Paris and now Italy is coming next month and Morocco in May.
>>
>>330593279

you could be SFV with a whopping peak of 4k
>>
>>330593279
>implying we need more hitman games when DLC
>>
>>330593279

>I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FOR NOT BUYING THIS GAME YOU FUCKING ENTITLED SHITS
>YOU ALL DESERVE TO DIE IF YOU DON'T BUY OUR GAME
>YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS WHY EVEN CALL YOURSELF GAMERS IF YOU WONT BUY OUR GAMES?

Seriously?
>>
>>330599219
It's still the same guy
>>
>>330599880
>but it looks like Square got greedier and greedier with time and kept making them more and more episodic.
You realize they were going to have you pay more up front and you still only pay 65$ piecemeal with this plan correct?
Am I just in retard land, why do people not know what words mean?
>>
>>330600094
I'm aware of that. The point is they were planning to release it in a more finished state but changed their mind.
>>
>>330600170
So explain how that makes it "Greedy"
I can see "Lazy"
But "Greedy" is fucking retarded considering they went from asking 30$ up front to 15$
>>
File: 6c7.png (761 KB, 694x666) Image search: [Google]
6c7.png
761 KB, 694x666
>>330593279
Yep, the shitposting from autistic shitters on /v/ made the game flop. Nothing else could have played a role in it. It's all big bad /v/.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.