[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Twilight Princess inspired by Okami? (specifically the wolf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: guiguy.jpg (140 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
guiguy.jpg
140 KB, 900x700
Was Twilight Princess inspired by Okami? (specifically the wolf sections)
>>
>>330585075
Inb4

>yes

>no

>maybe
>>
I don't know
>>
File: 1327042662225.jpg (242 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1327042662225.jpg
242 KB, 773x1000
Nah. Animal transformations, especially to "beasts" such as wolves/bears, are pretty common in both fairy tales AND Zelda games.

Had Twilight Princess been inspired by Okami, the wolf sections would have probably been more robust and sucked less because they would have a great example of how to handle that kind of gameplay already in mind.
>>
>>330585268
inb4

>i don't know

>can you repeat the question
>>
>>330585075
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION?
>>
You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big.
>>
Life isn't fair.
>>
File: 1457097214807.jpg (99 KB, 384x524) Image search: [Google]
1457097214807.jpg
99 KB, 384x524
>>330585634
>those ridiculous back curves
I'm on the verge of quitting /v/ because I just end up fapping every time
>>
What are some other games where I get to play as a cutie wolf
>>
>>330585075
No?

Twilight Princess came out about six months after Okami, but was in development for at least four years beforehand. Hell, TP was in development before the release of Viewtiful Joe, let alone Okami.
>>
>>330585075
What? No.
It's clearly the opposite way around, Okami plays very similarly to the Zelda franchise aside from combat.
>>
>>330585075
Okami came out about six months or so before Twilight Princess, so no. If it was, they might have allowed Link to at least use the sword as a wolf.
>>
>>330585075
Unless Nintendo had spies inside Clover Studios, no. TP was in development before Okami and Aonuma has talked about why he chose to turn Link into a wolf in interviews. It's just one of those weird coincidences that happens sometimes.
>>
>>330585503
Can you repeat the question
>>
>>330585075
No, they were released really close to each other, which fortunate, because they really have so many things in common that whichever was released later would have been seen as a rip-off of the other.
>>
>>330585075
The twist is Okami was inspired by OoT
>>
>>330585075
http://wiki.samurai-archives.com/index.php?title=Okami_(folklore)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.