[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borderlands thread. Tell me why Jack wasn't the real hero.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-03-12-12-16-07-693232242.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-12-12-16-07-693232242.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
Borderlands thread.

Tell me why Jack wasn't the real hero.
>>
Jack did nothing wrong
In fact Lilith is the biggest bitch in the whole series
Everyone agrees
>>
>>330573936
/thread
>>
>>330573936
you can't deny that Jack was a psycho even before Lilith fucked him up

Lilith is still a shit though
>>
>>330574491
How so? I would call him 'psychotic'. Maybe a little radical, but he was trying to bring order to a literal planet of criminals, psychopaths, and murderers. Jack was the only one who was doing what he was doing for anyone more then himself. Everyone else, including and especially the Vault hunters, were just in it for themselves.
>>
Why did Burch have to make New-U stations non-canon?

If he wanted to include the death of Roland and not have him come back, it wouldn't of been much harder than "Oh yeah, don't think about seeing him ever again, I removed him from the New-U database. Just on of the perks of being the fucking boss" and if you want to argue about why he lets you live, it's as easy as "You're too fun to fuck with for me to get rid of so pathetically".

Seriously, fuck Burch.
>>
>>330574898
>Pops a stiffy every time he kills a person
>Thinks building a giant orbiting death laser for the purpose of cleansing undesirable is okay in anyway
>Almost all of the self-sacrificing he does in TPS is followed up with him talking about how much of a cool hero he sees himself as
>Him trying to stop Zarpedon was completely unforeseen, he wanted to get to the vault on Elpis for his own personal gain, both to feed his CLEANSE ALL UNDESIRABLES and to get even richer and higher up in his company
>>
>>330575364
Forgot:
>Backstabbed and sabotaged his way up the corporate ladder
>Only started to think of himself as super cool hero guy after getting reconstruction surgery that turned him into a handsome guy with a suave voice
>>
>>330573842
He was the reel human bean hero, and his final scene was easily the best in Tales from the Memerlands

seeing the stupidity he dealt with daily on Helios also gives him more dindu points
>>
>>330575101
My biggest gripe about the games are the new u stations. Even if they're 'non cannon'. I hate that dying is this game goes almost completely unpunished. Oh you rushed into a bandit camp and got slaughtered? It's OK just respawn ten feet away and do it again! I hate when games do that. That's why kids these days don't appreciate life. Back in my day, if we died we got a game over AND WE LIKED IT.
>>
>>330575364
don't forget about what he did to his own daughter

plus it's implied he killed his wife too
>>
>>330575364
>>330575469
>cleanse the undesirables

Have you SEEN Pandora?
>>
>>330575568
Is confirmed by Jack in TftB that Angel lost control of her powers after she killed her mom. And constantly supplying her eridium kept her alive, even if it hurt her.

So yeah, Jack did nothing wrong in that part.
>>
>>330576032
>believing anything lying, manipulating Jack says to Rhys
>especially in a scenes where Jack is doing the most lying and manipulating trying to shove a metal skeleton/himself into Rhys

Come on, man.
>>
>>330575525
Long game overs are completely antithetical to the fast-paced loot scrounging genre. I don't even know what it's called, but a quick respawn with some resources drained is completely fined for it.
>>
File: Helenapierce.png (315 KB, 407x655) Image search: [Google]
Helenapierce.png
315 KB, 407x655
>>330573842
because he shot the best girl in the face
>>
>>330576342
>"NO UH HE WAS LYING!"

You don't lie when you're about to die.
>>
>>330576518
She looks like she head-butted a belt sander

>>330576342
I watched that scene on YouTube. At first, I kind of thought it was a load of crock he was feeding Ryhs to distract him.. But the more I thought about it, but more I thought it doesn't make it any less true. Jack was willing to dirty his own hands for the greater good. He was trying to bring a measurable amount of order to a planet populated by leftover criminals. On that whole planet there might be less then ten people that aren't some kind of murderous psychopath. Jack tried to kill the Vault Hunters in 2 because the Vault hunters from the first game, who released eridoum and nearly wrecked the planet to begin with, were trying to hire them into their little army to try and stop Jack from being order to Pandora.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.