[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone every tried a permadeath run on a game? If so share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
Has anyone every tried a permadeath run on a game?
If so share your had adventure.
>>
Yeah, I died then I stopped playing
>>
>>330537663
What game was it? And how did you die?
>>
>>330537765
Original Legend of Zelda, a Zora hit me.
>>
ratchet and clank 2, completed it 8 times and did it without dieing on my 9th run
>>
>>330537604
Alien Isolation, was replaying on Normal for the second time after having finished it on hardest difficulty. Was tense as fuck, but in the end I save scummed once (when you burn the facehuggers in the hive) when ayy dropped near me and charged.
>>
lewd boytoes
>>
Every month I would run Half-Life on stream for a group of people and go permadeath if it killed me (in a not stupid way like ladder issues or getting stuck in a level transition)

This went on for 1 year and 3 months getting further and further until I finally practiced a little outside of the stream and memorized a bit of the events to come. Finally beat the game deathless. I'm not sure if I could do it now on a whim, Xen might fuck me over like it used to, but it was a fun experiment. Besides, the group of friends I did that for is long gone.
>>
>>330537604
Might do this for Shadow of the Colossus on my next play through.
>>330538287
This too.
>>
>>330538343
That sounds chill as fuck.
>>
>>330537604

Yeah I think Torchlight

Got pretty far, bug happened, died.
So now I don't do permadeath because games are too shitty for it and dying to a fucking bug just makes me mad.
>>
File: 447.jpg (226 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
447.jpg
226 KB, 557x605
Hardcore mode on Dead Space 3, got to the research facility and died, haven't touched it since
>>
>>330537604
I did the nuzlocke thing in pokemon red. I died in victory road because I didn't have an escape rope and the pokemon that had dig was dead.
>>
>>330538518
Why would you not make an exception for bugs?
>>
Stacy's mom, has got it going on
>>
>>330537604
Did it on Conker's Bad Fur Day. Wanted to beat it without ever unlocking tails.

Fucking escaping the Teddies Island when it was self destructing sucked hard.
>>
>>330537604
Did it on Dark Souls. Died to the silver knight archers in Anor Londo of all fucking things.
>>
>>330538969

I remember watching this years ago and thinking that Stacey was hot.

I still feel the same
>>
>>330538335
Came in expecting something like this, thanks for not disappointing
>>
>>330537604
Diablo 2 and 3. Pretty easy.
>>
somebody post that fallout 3 pasta
>>
>>330538908

Because the game didnt either
I cba to savescum damn savefiles just to play in a stupid mode that obviously from this thread - will just make you drop the game like hot shit
>>
>>330537604
Isnt that pretty much Ghosts and Goblins at all times?
>>
>>330538412
I miss it. Streaming nowadays would make me feel like a fag though and I don't think I could enjoy it as much without just a group of bros to just hang with while keeping them at the edge of their seats wondering how I'm going to fuck up today.
>>
i guess thats how i play xcom. i stop if someone dies
>>
>>330537604
The only time I tried a nuzlocke run was of a modded Emerald ROM my friend made specifically to fuck with me. I tried from the beginning three times, each getting slightly farther than the last, until the third time I finally made it to the second gym leader who had a Mewtwo (at which point I said fuck it).
>>
>>330537604
I do this on every game ever. You're casual if you don't
>>
File: large_image[1].jpg (77 KB, 550x645) Image search: [Google]
large_image[1].jpg
77 KB, 550x645
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-05+at+01.24.50).png (15 KB, 270x99) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-05+at+01.24.50).png
15 KB, 270x99
Diablo 2

Was doing a Hardcore Fireclaw Werebear Druid.

Beat it on Normal and was doing ACT II on Nightmare clearing Tombs of Tal'rasha for items to use for a rune word shield that I can use against Duriel.

My Bear form shut off during a major fight and I became squishy and died.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.