[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you were 100% immersed in a games world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: ynH1mLU.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1065) Image search: [Google]
ynH1mLU.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1065
When's the last time you were 100% immersed in a games world?

I haven't been able to do it since I was a teen. Real life always invades my thoughts and I can never totally get immersed.
>>
100%? Can't remember if I ever was a 100%. But I can still get a kick out of it if I put on headphones and let the time tick away. But there's still to much inbetween me and that reality for it to be 100%. A game is a game, after all... With an interface and all that shit.
>>
I don't think I remember a time I was so immersed after I graduated high school. Having real responsibilities sucks. Even in high school I'd get taken out of it from bullshit real problems
>>
The last time I played any of the Souls games, except Dark Souls 2
>>
I don't know about 100%, but the STALKER series pulled me into it while playing.
>>
World of Warcraft 2006

My rogue was in top form and I was one of the highest ranked PvPers in the server.
>>
>>330526806
MGSV. Just for a few hours of it.
>>
Fatal Frame 5, because little immerses me more than a good survival horror game and goddamn do I love me some Fatal Frame. Granted I finished Steins;Gate a week ago and that was fantastic but it's kinda hard to call that a game.
>>
STALKER a few years ago
>>
File: Mars Technomancers.jpg (241 KB, 2264x1274) Image search: [Google]
Mars Technomancers.jpg
241 KB, 2264x1274
Mars: War Logs did it for me, I'm glad it was one dollar in a Humble Bundle. It had some really great world-building and well-written characters, but sadly it looks on par with a 2009 game graphically. The devs are working on the spiritual successor though which looks miles better.
>>
first time playing Terraria. mmmm....
Dark Souls comes close. when i hit Chasm of the Abyss, right when you pass the jail cell and peer into darkness, i just stopped there for a good 20 seconds before going in with my shield up.
can't think of many "brace yourself" moments that compare to that.
>>
>>330530589
>Mars: War Logs

I hadn't even heard of this until just now. I feel like the internet has failed me.
>>
Bloodborne
>>
>>330526806
shadow of the colossus
>>
File: Beware of Dog.jpg (205 KB, 953x676) Image search: [Google]
Beware of Dog.jpg
205 KB, 953x676
>>
File: 1416373452081.png (416 KB, 715x722) Image search: [Google]
1416373452081.png
416 KB, 715x722
>>330526806
Modded Morrowind, a year or so ago.

Was coming back home after helping out the mage's guild. I had a house on the waterfront in balmora, drarayne thelas' iirc. It has a really comfy attic. as I was walking home it started raining. i rushed up to the attic and while inside i could hear the rain hitting the rooftop. I added some more treasure to my collection, read some books, and then for about 20 or so minutes i completely forgot i was playing a game. for all intents and purposes, for that brief moment, the world of morrowind and the elder scrolls was real. i had become familiar enough with the world to where my brain just sort of accepted it as a reality. it was pretty great.

pro-tip OP; turn off your lights, get in bed, and get some great headphones. Make it so that your screen is the only thing you see and you can't feel yourself sitting down.
>>
File: gc1.jpg (105 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
gc1.jpg
105 KB, 640x480
>>330532575
for me lately whenever i try to enjoy the game, the thoughts of wasting time are too strong, im a struggling artist and i know i should spend my free time improving art, so when im playing i feel like i do something wrong the whole way
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.