[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember the land before hats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: tf2.jpg (154 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
tf2.jpg
154 KB, 600x339
Remember the land before hats?
>>
>>330526260

Yep. I used to run a bunch of Half-Life 1 and 2 mod servers since 1999 starting with Counter-Strike and TFC. TF2 was fun but once it went F2P we got flooded with kiddos and foreigners and I stopped playing it altogether shortly afterwards.
>>
I just tried to play it for the first time in years... it was terrible. So bad.
>>
Man, vanilla was so fucking cool.
The weapons/classes were balanced. The aesthetic was consistent and unique. It was just fun dude.
Sometimes simplicity is just flat out better than needless complexity. Modern TF2 is like if you splashed a bunch of paint over the board and put wacky outfits on all the pieces that granted them advantages over the opposing pieces who don't have those outfits.

What a disaster
>>
>>330526776
I played TF2 for the first time ever just a few days ago, I was consistently placing mid/high by the end of the night.

I wouldn't say the outfits caused an extreme imbalance.
>>
File: 1446889465950.png (43 KB, 1820x196) Image search: [Google]
1446889465950.png
43 KB, 1820x196
>>330526776
>The weapons/classes were balanced.

Stopped reading there
>>
>>330526875
Okay.
>>
>>330526776
Demoman was OP as fuck, Pyro didn't have airblast, Engineer couldn't move buildings, etc.

Congrats on outing yourself as a parrot on the second sentence
>>
But the balancing updates were like a year before hats if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: 71NqBuE1PrL._SL1199_.jpg (160 KB, 883x1199) Image search: [Google]
71NqBuE1PrL._SL1199_.jpg
160 KB, 883x1199
You can still go back ,kind of.
>>
Hats were fine.

So were the first weapons.

What really killed it was keys and F2P.
>>
File: bitch pls.png (67 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
bitch pls.png
67 KB, 250x237
>>330526260
Yeah. It was also the land before the air strike, demoknights, ariblasts, the holiday punch, the force a nature, jarate, combat engies, dead ringer, vaccinator, and a lot of maps.

Retards are butthurt about all the improvements that have happened and will be triggered by at least one of the things I mentioned. Git gud faggots.
>>
>>330528856
this.
my fondest memory of tf2 was the heavy update, that is what unified the public servers, turned teams into heavies and medics and the occasional demo.
>>
>>330528856
No, hats is the reason we get shitty updates which only includes cosmetics
>>
File: Scout spy-cicled.png (784 KB, 679x532) Image search: [Google]
Scout spy-cicled.png
784 KB, 679x532
I like how the game has evolved gameplay wise but I really could care less about most hats.
>>
>>330526260
inb4 people prentending that hats didn't ruin the community.

it's as bad as f2p.
>>
>>330526875
Demo is OP TO THIS DAY
>>
>>330526776

Negatory, family member.
>>
Anyone remember the crit glitch?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tx7fo3Pk_c
>>
>>330530087
The war update was loads of fun, especially when the chargin' targe didn't fully deplete on use. So you could sit in spawn screaming.

I like a lot of the updates, but they really should have followed a theme or fleshed out each theme over a longer period of time. Game really is just a mess of shit in this day and age.

I used to have fun joining a pub server with a few friends, and having really even matches that last for 20-30 minutes. Everyone feeling competitive and trying their hardest to make a difference. Those were the matches you'd know your enemies by name, and spend the entire game trying to kill that one fucker.
>>
>>330526875
>og demo
>4/30 pipes

This guy has no fucking clue what he's on about.
>>
>>330526260
Hats didn't even ruin the game. The default hats barely fucked with the aesthetic. It's the community hats that raped the art-style, and even then the game was still okay.

It's when they added Trading and Mann-conomy that everything went to shit.
>>
>>330531354
No, the game being F2P, requring money to be made off of hats for any content to be entertained being developed is why.

Dumbfuck.
>>
File: zeldasmywhat.png (223 KB, 854x479) Image search: [Google]
zeldasmywhat.png
223 KB, 854x479
>mfw I have like 50 fucking crates and cases taking up space in my inventory
>>
Demoman takes skill
>>
>>330535621
You know you can delete then right?
>>
>>330536837
Yeah, but some of them are from contracts and such.

I want to keep them for when I have some spare money I can use for keys.
>>
>>330538397
you can sell them fag

You'll get at least a few bucks to spend on hats or whatever
>>
>>330538397
don't do it famitsu

I saved up all the crates i got from contracts after gun mettle and tough shit
32 crates in total, 19 merc, 12 comando and 1 elite. 1 factory new (factory new blitzkrieg smg oh boy), no stranges and the elite was battle scarred.

The chances of you getting anything decent are next to nothing. Just save up your steam dollars and buy one off the steam market.

>won an aussie scatter in mvm
>sold it for $125
>bought a quicksell strange FN current event for $110

Felt good mang
>>
>>330540418
How much do they sell for?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.