[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Ass Creed games should I get while they're on sale?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
Which Ass Creed games should I get while they're on sale? I played the shit out of 2 back in the day and already got Freedom Cry mostly because I fucking hate the Animus/Desmond story

III is appealing, but I hear that it's boring
Liberation's outfit mechanic bugs me
IV looks alright, if only for the Aveline DLC
Rogue is meh

Fuck Unity and Syndicate.
>>
IV is a bad assassins creed game but a great pirate game. Very fun mechanics, never really played an open world boat focused game before so it was amazing and pretty to look at and sail around and sing songs and rob people.

Syndicate is pretty good imo. Feels like a return to the older games like brotherhood. I'm actually liking it right now more than other installments.
>>
>>330521034
It's funny because after posting this, I saw that Syndicate has some cool DLC.

How "progressive" is the game as a whole?
>>
>>330520617
None.
>>
>>330521146
Plot wise it feels like a return to form in terms of what you are doing. It's simply 2 young assassins slightly disobeying orders and deciding to liberate London from templars just because they are assassins and its what they do. Honestly I appreciate the direct story when all the other games got bogged down by revenge plots and playing as the MC as kids and shit. This is just "hey we are assassins lets get the bad guys."

Having 2 main characters you can switch at any time is also a huge improvement, and so far I like both of them. Their interactions with each other are fun and makes the game feel more upbeat and fun in tone, not so grimdark and serious.

Climbing is interesting. Sometimes it feels harder to move around fluidly, but the zipline thing actually adds a lot to it. In general the city is designed well but the streets are very wide to allow carriage movement, which is why ziplines are now needed to traverse those.

Carriage control is silly, its basically just a car.

Combat is same old combat except you can upgrade your characters and give them skills and improvements in terms of moves and health and stuff. Its kind of interesting, and you can build the 2 characters in different ways so 1 is more of a fighter and the other more stealth focused and such.

It really just feels like all the good elements from other games put in 1 game.
>>
>>330521520
Pretty convincing. I'll definitely consider it while it's still $36
>>
>>330520617
Black Flag is the best game in the series. ACII is the best Assassins Creed game in the series
>>
>>330520617
II, IV and Rogue are the only decent games in the series.
>>
>>330520617
None of them, honestly. Don't give Ubishit your money.
>>
>>330521926
pretty accurate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapvJeWiHwo
>>
File: enhanced-10769-1403892731-2.png (439 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10769-1403892731-2.png
439 KB, 500x380
I'm still on the fence about Black Flag. It's pretty cheap and it's the gold edition for less than 20. Is it worth it?
>>
>>330522061
I know it's a minor thing, but does the MC of Rogue always have his head uncovered?
>>
File: 1366863582130.jpg (429 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1366863582130.jpg
429 KB, 1200x1800
>>330522440
Depends. Do you like sailing the seven seas, sea shanties, plundering English and Spanish galleons for coin, and whaling?

If not, then you'll hate the shit out of this game.
>>
>>330522440
Like OP said, it depends on how much you enjoy the whole Templar narrative.

Of course you can try to ignore it, but it's going to be in the main story regardless. Freedom Cry, however, has none of that shit. So, if you can stomach playing as a dindu and freeing a bunch of slaves, go with it instead.
>>
>>330521520
You forgot to mention that enemies have fucking levels.
>>
File: 1437560113989.jpg (44 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1437560113989.jpg
44 KB, 400x300
>>330520617
None
>>
>>330521146
Interracial relationships between the sister and an indian, the brother ends up being gay, an openly trans character, etc

It's a ruination of the setting.
>>
>>330521146
You can play as a woman, you can beat up women. Aside from that not at all.
>>
>>330522538
Nah, here are certain outfits where he has a hood or a hat.
>>
>>330523292
Sweet. I'll probably check it out then.
>>
>>330523213
Jesus Christ. How hard is it to ignore?
>>
>>330523246
>none at all
>Jacob ends up being bisexual after a man kiss
>Evie gets the currydick
>openly lesbian and "fat pride" characters
>openly trans character

It's progressive hogwash.

>>330523369
There are some really cool outfits.

I really liked Rogue but I really liked ACIII's setting and plot. It feels very similar, with Shay and Connor both calling the assassins out on their shit. If they had met earlier they might've even been friends.
>>
>>330523465
>openly trans character
I don't remember those, maybe I just ignored them like a sensible person
>>
>>330523448
You know the disclaimer about diverse religions?

It's replaced with one about diverse gender orientations.

You could do SO much with victorian england. I play these games to explore historical settings, not be politically correct.
>>
>>330523562
There's a "guy" in the game that's actually a female to male tranny. The fucker with the rail network or some such. Looks kind of like Charlie Chaplin I suppose.
>>
On sale where? full price on steam and uplay for me
>>
>>330523562
Ned Wynert has a vagina.

" The question of whether Jacob is bisexual or not. Many fans furiously defend the idea that he is while others are vehemently against it, arguing a general lack of real evidence. This podcast will probably put that to rest though. Or this very explicit message from the official Assassin's Creed Tumblr:

"Jacob Frye is bisexual. This is canon. The end." "
>>
>>330523691
Ah right. Just didn't seem like a big deal to me
>>
>>330523562
Huh? When does this happen?
>>
>>330522637
>that pic
Black Fags.
>>
>>330523881
Maxwell Roth, dude.
>>
>>330523767
It's not. It's just baffling it's in there. Either there are more SJWs than I think or they are loud enough to warrant being pandered to.
>>
>>330523753
PS Store
>>
>>330524013
Ubisoft doesn't realize that pandering to SJWs doesn't work.

It also bugs me that they went back to "TEMPLARS BAD ASSASSINS GOOD" bullshit after 3 and Rogue.
>>
>>330524000
Oh, right. I don't see how that makes Jacob bi though, he didn't seem to like it. Also, Maxwell Roth just seemed like a Joker wannabe.
>>
>>330524209
Well, you know SJWs. They latch onto anything that can be even remotely considered not CIS.
>>
>>330523465
Would Rogue be more worth it at $11 than III with all DLC for $20?
>>
File: nito laugh.gif (245 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
nito laugh.gif
245 KB, 400x200
>>330524187
>>
>>330524541
Absolutely
>>
>>330524541
Rogue has the actual open world sailing from 4, plus the bank system from the Ezio games
They have the same kind of setting, atmosphere and plot, but I personally think III's plot is more entertaining and well-paced - especially the modern sections.

The DLC in III is shitty, so if you don't care about getting trophies, I'd say get III for 10 bucks.
>>
>>330524541
I'd say get them both. III has a really good setting and a big open frontier world. You also get crazy shaman powers in the DLCs.
>>
>>330524678
Keep laughing, steamcuck
>>
>mfw no ezio cape in revelations
>>
>>330525454
>posting le cuck meme again
simply epic :) well meme'd
>>
Is there a weather/season system in 3, or is the snow just there during a part in the story?
>>
>>330526065
Thanks.

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253872
>>
>>330520617
3 is alright, but the dlc isn't worth it

IV is good, along with its dlc

Rogue is okay

Get 4 for sure, and 3 if you want
>>
Rogue was pretty great. It's pretty short but then again prices are lowered so it doesn't take as much grinding as Black Flag. The setting is pretty nice especially the North Atlantic with the icebergs and shit. Graphically it's more close to AC III than Black Flag. Story wise I liked it a lot, it really shows you the other side of the coin + you get to hang out with Haytam bro and murder his father's best friend in front of his eyes. Kudos to Ubi Sofia, they set to recycle a game for maximum cash income and release it on the same date as Unity and ultimately ended up making the better game of the two
>>
>>330526237
Just during the story, but it can be changed in the options menu.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.