[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is it another grindfest with little content like Destiny or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: division21280jpg-bfd4a7_1280w.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
division21280jpg-bfd4a7_1280w.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
So is it another grindfest with little content like Destiny or what?
>>
I like to think of it as just a multi-player shooter. It's got some coop missions and an interesting multi-player mechanic
>>
Do the weapons ever get interesting?
Or is it 100 damage AK and 1000 damage AK
>>
I'm enjoying it so far on PC. Reminds me a lot of borderlands, just replace the witty humor with attempted realism.
>>
I'm enjoying it. Just popped lvl 30 yesterday
>>
From what I understand, you need to have people to play with. Playing solo or with silent pugs makes it very boring/unfun.

People haven't reached max level. Since the game seems to be presenting itself as a multiplayer RPG, I personally expect to have a lot of things to do once I hit mix level.

From what I've seen, it is taking a week-2 weeks for many to reach max level. If we start seeing drastic population drops then we know that there is no endgame or that it sucks.
>>
>>330518002
Yeah the weapons get really interesting. Weapons aren't just about damage they have a load of bonuses and talents which have a massive impact on how you play. My secondary does more base damage than my primary but because of the buffs my gear gives to my weapons my primary does 120000 dps and my secondary does 97000. It's not all about gun base damage.
>>
>>330519706
I have reached the max level and my aim is to now get the best loot. I'm currently level 27 in the dark zone and I'm trying to get to level 50 so I can buy the high end equipment which will enable me to battle the best bosses for the best loot. Just doing that will keep me busy till they release the raids update in a month or two.
>>
>>330517823
It's literally Destiny: TPS Edition

Not even Taken King Destiny, just old Vanilla Destiny -DLC.
>>
>>330519827
So they literally just get bigger numbers and aren't interesting, cool.
>>
Did anyone else get a free flash drive when purchased at target?
>>
>>330521847
I can already tell you had no intention of thinking positive about this game. Why even bother asking about it if you already dislike it.

Your loss I guess.
>>
>>330517823

Destiny: Fight For New York
>>
>>330520642
Anyone else can confirm? If so I'll just wait and see if things get better within a year or so like Destiny did.
>>
>>330520642
It has a lot more content than Vanilla Destiny. It's by no means a spectacular story, but it is nowhere near as broken as Destiny's was.
>>
>>330517915
>It's got some coop missions and an interesting multi-player mechanic

Which are?!
>>
Yeah all guns play the same and just have higher damage. Sucks desu senpai baka
But it's fun nonetheless. I'm 21 at the moment.
>>
File: 2015-12-11_00003.jpg (115 KB, 697x697) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11_00003.jpg
115 KB, 697x697
>look up an lp yesterday
>guy makes his character
>makes it to the safehouse
>haha, time for laptop registration
>shuffles around in a clusterfuck for a full minute trying to get access to the thing
It was grand.
>>
>>330524108
story is content but it's not the only content

I spent a solid year on Destiny before I gave it up for good, starting in the Alpha, and I can tell you Destiny at launch could barely even be considered a game. The multiplayer had a cripplingly low map selection on top of being laggy and horrifically balanced. Drop rates were absurd, all the late gear that wasn't exotic looked almost identical, and there was nothing to do that wasn't Strikes, and you had already gotten tired of those a week in.

The Division has a better start, but right now it's post launch, pre Dark Below Destiny, but without a Vault of Glass to be worth it all. It's just a barebones shooter MMO.

I'd love to see it live and grow as Destiny has, because despite Destiny still not living up to its original promise, it's quite a bit closer now than it was.

But the /v/ in me says it won't happen and we'll see a Division 2 in 2 or 3 years.
>>
Haven't played the game but seen that pistols have infinite ammo. Is that the case for all pistols, so you can find a desert eagle or some high damage type and roll with that?
>>
torrent link?
>>
>Loved Destiny and Borderlands
>Got a bit of extra money like a week ago
>Buy Black Ops 3 because i tried the free weekend and had a bit of fun
>Division comes out
>Friends buy it, wants me to get it
>Only have money for one more game, DS3
>BO3 is getting bored because of SMG tryhards
>Can't even have fun with other weapons because they shit on everyone with retarded rate of fire and auto-aim assist

Fuck, i already got like 30 hours so i can't get a refund. Would like to try it.
>>
>>330519827
You're saying it's 100 dmg AK and 1000 dmg AK m80
>>
I really enjoy D3 and liked gears, would I enjoy this game even though Uplay?
>>
>>330525138
no he's saying its not a 100 dmg AK or a 1000 dmg AK but its a 400 dmg AK that deals 1200 dmg AK with his AK character's AK dmg buffs, retard
>>
Playing with 3 other friends and having a lot of fun. We even made up combat roles on our team.
>>
>>330524643
Sidearms are just that. Sidearms. Using one as your primary weapon is gimping yourself all around. A lot of the pistols have a talent that increases damage by 100% against enemies at lower than 30% hp, so I guess they're intended for finishing off enemies and as a backup, which also makes sense game design wise. Sawed off's also count as sidearms though, which is nice.
>>
>>330517823
So is there no end game content? I already am at lvl 30 with full yellows. Really dont know what else to do, dark zone is boring shit and nobody is even there.
>>
>make thread
>player Witcher 3 for a few hours, hoping to come back to answers so i can go buy it in the morning
>conflicting opinions everywhere

Fug
>>
>>330526703
The game is shit
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.