[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reddit recommended me this game. thoughts /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: alphaprotocolcovernew580.jpg (65 KB, 580x350) Image search: [Google]
alphaprotocolcovernew580.jpg
65 KB, 580x350
reddit recommended me this game.

thoughts /v/?
>>
Great story, horrible gunplay.

Worth a look.
>>
Pistol for bosses, marital arts for fun.
>>
File: Capture.png (36 KB, 724x304) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
36 KB, 724x304
>>330508505
/v/'s favorite writer recommends it as well
>>
>>330508505
Pretty good game.
Fucked it up the first time and invested in a tanky run and gun character.
Game is much better played with a stealthy character.
>>
>>330508505
Does the idea of a boss fight in a disco with a purple-suited mob boss who huffs cocaine to go super saiyan appeal to you?

If so you may want to check it out.

If not, you're a faggot.
>>
>>330509412
>Are you wowed more by the style and aesthetic of a game than the actual combat mechanics?
>If so you may want to check it out.
>If not, congratulations, you're not retarded.
>>
Best dynamic choice system I've ever played. NPCs remember your responses, if you generally give accommodating responses, then, suddenly go hard-ass, they will call you out for bluffing.

Save certain NPCs, and they will show up to help you again. Depending on what order you do missions, it will effect the outcomes in other parts of the world.

Decide to go lethal on the faction you're infiltrating? If you encounter them again, they armor their guards more. Go stealth, and the next time, they choose to install more cameras and shit.
>>
File: 150598189251.jpg (109 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
150598189251.jpg
109 KB, 1200x600
>>330508721
>gunplay
There's that word again
>>
File: omen_deng_by_brenze.jpg (86 KB, 490x1000) Image search: [Google]
omen_deng_by_brenze.jpg
86 KB, 490x1000
>>330508505
Only game I played where the decisions really mattered.
Gameplay is shit, but it's worth for the way you can change the story and how people perceives you.
And it has cool designs, Omen Deng was one stylish motherfucker.
>>
>>330509936
The shit where if you spend all of Rome doing shit James Bond style and being able to kill Marburg early because you piss him off so much is one of my favorite things you can do in games with decisions.
Also really one of the few where what you do in a level impacts the story. Or how not setting off an alarm can really change shit up story wise.
Also how some bosses can be stealth killed was a great reward for stealth players or second playthroughs.
>>
Poorly done, but you can tell they really gave a shit.

A sequel would've rocked ass.
>>
>>330510587
That missions where you can fuck up the story if you kill the american soldiers instead of doing a non-lethal run was great.
>>
>>330508505
Reddit is for homosexuals, to be honest, famicom.
>>
Go invisible and CQC everyone
>>
>>330509678
>I suck black dicks
>>
>Hostile to Grigori
>He alerts Surkov
>Surkov brings his bodyguards with him during his mission
>Have to fight them

One of the few games where your choices can really fuck you up. Had to restart the whole game because this mission becomes impossible to complete.
>>
I started earlier today and it's pretty great. Really love all the little after mission stories about how I completed each mission and how what I did during it changes history. Really love that you have the opportunities to team up with everyone different ways and how killing each boss gives you upgrades on your skills while locking you out of different missions/partnerships.
Everyone says the game itself is terrible but the stealth is just slightly worse than MGS5 and it's easy to circumvent the shitty accuracy on your guns by just getting closer or using that OP double-tap skill. I just sneak up on dudes and if I can't sneak I use the shotgun to knock everyone down so they can't fight back.
>>
>>330509804
>Go stealth, and the next time, they choose to install more cameras and shit.
Oh shit really? I played this for the first time recently, i thought the game just harder the more missions you've done, since the difficulty seemed to rise despite the 3 branching paths.
>>
>>330508505
You might as well play DX:HR
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.