[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nobody else looking forward to Frozen Synapse 2 I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: y5VOsGdxGzl-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (85 KB, 878x545) Image search: [Google]
y5VOsGdxGzl-.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
85 KB, 878x545
>Nobody else looking forward to Frozen Synapse 2

I know it wasn't the most popular game, but hell I'd expect someone to be talking about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ZnHgvSpK8

Plus more nervous_testpilot music is always good
>>
>>330493391
Looks interesting. I enjoyed the first one.
Wonder how that strategy layer will work.
>>
i wish frozen synapse and achron both got more attention tbqh
>>
>>330494236

Being a fan of Frozen Cortex is to know true pain in irrelevancy.
>>
>>330494525
Did that game sell anything?
>>
>>330494664

Steamspy says it sold 47,532 +/- 4932

So not much.
>>
>>330493391
I'm keeping an eye on it, 1 was kind of disappointing and I'm not sure if they're fixing what I dislike about it or not.

Really wasn't a fan of the writing or music in Frozen Synapse either so I'm not sure how to feel about nervous_testpilot doing the soundtrack again, or about all these Factions in the city.

Is there even anything outside Markov Geist? Is it just a city in the middle of a desert? Where does the food come from? Where are all the people?
>>
>>330495396
What did you dislike about it?
>>
>>330495461
Mostly how abstract the levels were. Desks and walls floating around in empty voids to create terrain rather than glued together in any meaningful or believable sense. Luckily there are curved walls this time around, maybe that'll help.

Sound and UI weren't great either.
>>
>>330495891

Frozen Synapse is a purely mechanics-driven game, so I'm not completely surprised to hear of complaints like that. Always though of it as more comparable to something like Chess than standard games
>>
>>330496430
Well, in chess there's a lot more places you can go at any given time. I feel like a lot of the maps were heavy on open space.
>>
Hot damn I guess people really didn't play the first game at all
>>
I don't give a fuck about Frozen Synapse 2 because I'm perfectly content with Frozen Synapse 1 plus I'm not going to give any money to the devs after they released a totally unnecessary remake of the first game and split the playerbase.
>>
File: 1416350332596.jpg (14 KB, 349x388) Image search: [Google]
1416350332596.jpg
14 KB, 349x388
>>330495396
>>330495891
>>330497095
Pffthaha.
>>
>>330493391
i was excited but there was like some phone version of the game that was then released on steam that was super shitty and split the community and the original game became super sparse
>>
>>330497581
You're welcome to disagree, m8.
>>
>>330498118

I have no idea what they were thinking with Prime
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.