[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth playing? Really into the films. I've heard it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
Worth playing? Really into the films. I've heard it's similar to Shadow of Mordor, which I loved, but is it actually good?
>>
If you love this type of games where you need to capture outposts, collecting random shit and complete challenges - this is pretty good. Also atmosphere of original movies feels very good.
>>
>>330480185
>YOU DON'T EVEN GET TO USE THE INTERCEPTOR THROUGHOUT ANY POINT OF THE GAME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>330480185
Car combat is good enough. Other than that it's collectathon game nr. 75643 aka. what >>330480581 said

>>330480712
Max level Magnum Opus shits on Interceptor in every possible way.
>>
>>330480185
If you like the movies you'll like it, but it's pretty bland if you don't.

Don't try to 100% it unless you have autism.

It has actually really well done cutscenes

Genuine spoilers, but I loved this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69xFg774jQo
>>
>>330480825
I WATCHED THE MOVIES. I GREW UP WITH THAT CAR IN MY DREAMS. THE CAR GETS FUCKING DESTROYED IN THE MOVIE FOR GOOD THIS TIME AFTER BEING REBUILT. NO GAME HAS EVER LET ME JUST FUCKING USE THE CAR I JUST WANT TO USE THE FUCKING V8 INTERCEPTOR AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>330480185
The one good thing shadow of mordor had going for it was the boss/hierarchy system. Mad max doesn't have that.
>>
yeah, I liked shadow of mordor and liked mad max as well, it's a bit mindless and repetitive but the car combat and even the normal combat was good enough for me, the game feel unfinished and the story is rushed but I got a few hour of fun out of it

the counter attack feel more different though, it's harder to get to a 50x combo than any batman games, countering can fuck up your combo, the game encourage you to be more offensive, use weapon and your shotgun
>>
>>330480998
Real Interceptor is not destroyed and is basically the final boss, you beat it and you get Interceptor as a reward for beating the story
>>
>fan of the movies

Same, Love the films

You dont get the car
no motorcycles
All desert
Shitty voice actor
psuedo interceptor with shitty flames on the side
Flat out annoying as fuck side character

I just wanted to play as mad max
>>
i paid $20 and feel like i got my moneys worth but it really isnt a very good game

too much emphasis on getting out of the car

there are a lot of outposts to take over but literally every single one of them involves getting out of your car and walking through it to kill everybody with boring bamham style melee

there are like 5 or 6 strongholds with bosses but probably the most disappointing part of the game is that they are quite literally all exactly the same. barely palette swapped at all, all have the same weapon, each fight goes literally exactly the same

the most fun in the game comes from taking down convoys but there are only like 10 of those and then you're done and you can't do anything like that again
>>
File: 20160310230808_1.jpg (663 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20160310230808_1.jpg
663 KB, 2560x1440
>>330480185
Just finished it, can be repetitive for alot of people but besides that it's pretty solid game, ending felt kinda rushed idk.

Overall very worth it imo.
>>
>>330481552
>Shitty voice actor

The voice acting was good as fuck in everyone except max
>>
>>330481765
How much does he talk?
>>
>>330481915
More than he should, on the whole. It's a game though, so whatever.
>>
>>330480185
It's definitely worth playing. Don't expect too much straight up challenge though, it's about how you play the game. The mechanics are solid, and while a bit shallow the situations are changed up more than frequently enough that it probably won't bother you.

The atmosphere is goat, the story is bare bones but exactly what you need in a game like this. The characters and dialogue are very cheesy but in a good way, they really pull it off.

If you're looking for an open world game that combines road derbies, brawling and exploration, has sidequests a plenty and a rewarding customization/upgrade system I'd recommend this game.
>>
>>330480185

>loved shadow of mordor

Then yeah absolutely up your alley, its the exact same ground combat without all the super-legolas shit, instead you get to drive a car instead and hit things and people with it.

All in all its a huge collectathon with shallow everything, but if you like the movies, you can enjoy it.
Also very pretty/explosions.

Make sure you turn off the drive-help whatever thing in the options, it glues your car to the ground.

>>330480998

Then play the game and if you rush through the story you get the interceptor back, then you can fuck around with it if you want and then go back to the magnum opus.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.