[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Melee Netplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: SSB_Melee_Replays[1].jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SSB_Melee_Replays[1].jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone want in on this action?
ID: d582e545
I'm pretty shit
>>
>>330465816
I got u anon
let me get my adapter
I mostly play PM, but i have a trashy falco
>>
What region?
>>
File: 4L_50iJqBmy.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
4L_50iJqBmy.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
you could try linking this thread to the sm4sh /v/kend
>>
>>330466482
Alright, this is my first time doing this so tell me if you have trouble connecting
>>330466548
South/East USA
>>
>>330465816
Hey man, if you're trying to get into the competitive scene, netplay isn't the way to go. The players don't tend to be good, and cheese strats are prevalent due to lag. You'll see hella falcos spanning lasers who have no idea what to do if someone powershields or had good platform movement. Plus people tend to be self righteous and have shitty attitudes.

Go out to tournaments in person. Being bad is fine. Be bad online and people shit on you, bad in person they give you advice.

People wait to go to tourneys until they think they're good enough all the time but they never become good enough without going.
>>
>>330468629
Netplay gets a bad rap, and obviously it's inferior to playing irl, but it's still a great tool for improving.
>>
>>330469304
I agree with you, but only really when used in conjunction with playing in real life. Exclusive netplay forms bad habits that will take longer to cure than just learning good ones. Using netplay to get more games in between weeklies is smart if you don't have training partners.
>>
>>330468629
There aren't many people around me who even play smash, let alone host tournaments.
>>
This is the closest thing to a melee thread so I'll ask here.

Any advice for getting over tourney nerves?
I get nervous and don't play very well whenever something is on the line.
I'm sure more experience will help, but is there any additional advice?
>>
>>330471849
Don't be a bitch
>>
File: 1421468942572.jpg (97 KB, 489x743) Image search: [Google]
1421468942572.jpg
97 KB, 489x743
>>330472039
Thanks for the help.
>>
>>330471849
i found not being a bitch helped me
>>
>>330471536
Where do you live? Did you check Normiebook? In New England our scene is almost entirely run through it and we have weekly events every single day of the week.
>>
>>330471849
Go to more tourneys

Pay attention to your body. Do your shoulders tense? Do you bounce your leg? I stop breathing. Your body has habits when you're nervous, if you can identity and control them, you can lessen the nerves' effects on you. Deep breathing helps for me.

Don't think about individual actions, like the atomic inputs of a drillshine. Think broader, general, and not too much. Concentrative focus is the name of the game. Read the Inner Game of Tennis.

Let go of your ego. Winning this one game proves nothing. Losing it proves nothing. You're not at the level where that matters. All that matters is your improvement, so embrace being outside of comfort.
>>
>>330472418
Some places are like that. I need to drive around 5 hours to find a weekly. Checked Facebook, Smashboards, and tons of other outlets. Nothing here, not even for Smash 4.
>>
I'm about to go get some lunch but I'm down to play when I come back. I'll throw up a server or something keep the thread alive
>>
>>330472871
Where?
Also post on
>reddit

And see if anyone in area would be interested in starting one.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.