[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game literally FORCES you to lose half your health, there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: gravelord-cave.jpg (584 KB, 1920x1096) Image search: [Google]
gravelord-cave.jpg
584 KB, 1920x1096
>game literally FORCES you to lose half your health, there is no way around it no matter what you do
Explain to me how this isn't artifical difficulty
>>
consider healing
>>
Fall Control
If you speced completely for PvP don't bitch if your self imposed lack of choices bites you in the ass.
>>
If you have no humanity then help some people with O/S to get some then kindle the tomb of the giants bonfire to 20, 20 estus is more than enough for nitro.
>>
File: image.gif (940 KB, 499x272) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
940 KB, 499x272
>>330463191
______________git gud___________
>>
>>330463191
cat ring :^)
>>
There's several options to prevent fall damage
>>
>>330464423
>Several
Isn't it just Fall Control in the first game?
>>
oh no, a game has forced damage onto me

This is a technique that has never ever (not once) been used before in the history of videogames and it is WRONG because I am BAD at dealing with it
>>
>>330466256
If it were any other game, you'd be bitching about it you fucking autist.
>>
Because the boss fights in Dark Souls are pathetic and with the exception of the mandatory damage at the start, you should not be taking any damage in any of them.
>>
>>330463191
pretty sure there's a spell that'll negate damages you recieve from falling in that game
>>
>>330463191
>have a minimum of 5 rechargeable healing items, can have to 20 at that point
>bitch about having to heal
>>
>>330467270
First of all Fall Control exists, the game isn't designed to cater to every "build"

Second no I wouldn't, its a bad design choice in DaS as it would be in any game, I'm not going to go bitch about an entire game for one I have with it
>>
File: realnito.png (342 KB, 979x4945) Image search: [Google]
realnito.png
342 KB, 979x4945
>>330463191
obligatory
>>
>>330467270
>Can't detect blatant sarcasm, takes entire post literally
>Calls others autistic

Dark souls gets way too much whining about how hard it is. Basic videogame staples like learning enemy patterns and layouts, even if through trial by fire suddenly become artificial difficulty, and simply being made (even though there are ways to negate it anyways) to take a small amount of damage before a boss becomes a crime against humanity. Git Gud became an automatic shitpost response specifically because of so much shitters whining about basic videogaming suddenly being too much because you might die a couple times.

It's like calling a game artificially difficult because you're poisoned due to story reasons or have to fight a boss on a timer. Why can't I just take all my time? Who the fuck buys a game to be told how quick to beat it or else they succumb to poison? This is bullshit.
The game's given you a tiny setback of needing to heal if you can't negate the damage.
>>
>>330463191
thats also in tomb raider
>>
does fall control "exist" after or before Blighttown?
it would be nice to jump straight down to the sewer bonfire now wouldn't it?
or skip half the shit in crystal cave.

fall control isn't good, the terrain is carefully planned out to where it won't be, not in PVE at least.
>>
>>330468008
>the game isn't designed to cater to every "build"
Doesn't save ds2 from people shitting on it for large group of enemies when there's several ways to deal with it, even with every kind of build. On the other hand in OP situation, you would need to spend some points in int to use Fall Control since there's no other way to prevent fall damage.
Anyway this "problem" is still pretty irrelevant.
>>
File: 1376830834563.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
1376830834563.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>>330468197
Every time
>>
>>330469403
Thats probably because the issue with DaS2 large groups of enemies is not their difficulty but rather the abundance of how many times you find yourself being rushed or attacked by a group. It becomes tedious. It is a similar kind of issue which would get mentioned more for DaS if more than just Nito and the Stray Demon did it
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.