[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I received a new PS4 as a Birthday gift. I figured since I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: PS4.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS4.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
I received a new PS4 as a Birthday gift.

I figured since I have it, I'll check out some exclusives I wanted to try. Got Killzone and InFamous, and they were okay I guess. Not great.

Shitposters and faggots will fill this thread up no doubt, but my genuine question to you guys is are there any games out on PS4 that ain't on PC that are worth playing?

I'm going to get Uncharted when it comes out because I always liked those games. Not getting PS+ so multiplayer games are pretty much out, as are any remasters of games I already have.

Not trying meme anyone or be a mustardfag, just asking if there's any cool games on it I should try.
>>
File: CaqW_wHW8AAzvy6.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CaqW_wHW8AAzvy6.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, Digimon Story, Disgaea 5 and Resogun.
>>
>>330461476
Resogun looked cool, Bloodborne too but I'll probably just get it cheap sometime since I'm getting kind of tired of Souls stuff.
What's the story with Gravity Rush?
>>
>>330461818
I personally hated every second of gravity rush on the Vita. Boring as fuck "combat." Bloodborne is the only real exclusive
>>
File: 1454817765008.jpg (137 KB, 1275x1225) Image search: [Google]
1454817765008.jpg
137 KB, 1275x1225
>>330461476
This and Earth Defense Force 4.1

I'd recommend DoA5 for PS4 as well since the PC version is broken with a dead online
>>
>>330462260
By the only "real" exclusive do you mean the only exclusive you like or the only one worth buying?

I have pretty broad tastes, which means I'm probably regarded as a shitter on /v/ but regardless I liked everything from infamous to Ni No Kuni on the PS3 (although generally weeb games aren't my thing) so I guess if something is good and fun I'll give it a glance.

Not if it's on PC though, because obviously the PC version will be a little better.
>>
>>330461181
Might as well get the PS3 uncharteds as well.
Journey and Flower are interesting
PS2 games on ps4 support streaming and thropies as well if you're into that thing.
>>
>>330462501
DOA was never really my thing but I had no idea EDF was on PS4, fucking nice.

>>330462603
Already have the old Uncharted games, as well as Journey. Not flower, though.

I have most of the good PS3 exclusives on the PS3 bar maybe a couple, so I don't really want to get any remasters or whatever.
>inb4 some faggot tells me to get TLOU

It was okay the first round but am I fuck playing through that again.
>>
File: CdA1-fsW4AEotx7.jpg (349 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CdA1-fsW4AEotx7.jpg
349 KB, 1920x1080
>>330461818
Regarding Resogun, I highly recommend you get the DLC with it. The base game is a little bare bones (some small content patches helped a little but in minor ways with things like a ship creator and mini-challenges), but the DLC adds modes that really round it out.

Gravity Rush is by the team within Japan Studio that made the Siren games. It's an open world superhero game ala Spiderman or Infamous or so on where the protagonist can control gravity. In practice that means you can move around completely freely in 3D space, stand on walls, lift multiple objects to throw at enemies etc. Was originally developed for Vita but was remastered for PS4.

A little rough around the edges in places but I absolutely love it myself. Could gush about it but I'll just say look up some trailers or gameplay and see what you think.

There's also a sequel coming planned for late this year, and is PS4 exclusive.

The screenshot I posted before and this one are both from GR.
>>
>>330463013
I'll watch some trailers and shit but gush away, people who've actually played it paint a better picture than trailers or reviews.
>>
>>330462501
>I'd recommend DoA5 for PS4 as well since the PC version is broken with a dead online
I have to second this so hard.

Fighting games are usually dead as fuck on PC, but DOA5 is SUPER FUCKING DEAD.
>>
>>330462545
Only one worth buying, in my opinion. Legitimately can not find another game to play on that console right now
>>
File: bb.webm (2 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
bb.webm
2 MB, 720x480
>>330462603
>Dude Raider
He's trolling you OP. Get Bloodborne and wait for the greatness next year.
>>
SFV, Firewatch, Naruto Storm 4, The Witch and The Hundred Knight.
>>
>>330463524
Fuck you family, I like Uncharted. None of them are spectacular but I find them fun.

I'll see if I can find Bloodborne cheap then.

>>330463657
>The Witch
>The Hundred Knight
What are they like?
>>
MLB the show
>>
prolly not gonna get one until Persona 5 comes out, any news on the release?
>>
File: 1416948634927.jpg (240 KB, 1099x980) Image search: [Google]
1416948634927.jpg
240 KB, 1099x980
>>330463851
>I like Uncharted
>>
>>330464146
The fact you have that image saved is a big red flag that you're a shitposter and I shouldn't really reply

But yeah, I do. I don't think they're great nor do they do anything new, but they're fun little adventure games that I've grown fond of. Sorry that I like having fun, faggot.

>inb4 uncharted isn't fun
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>>
File: Ccu91COWIAEOgZ3.jpg (206 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ccu91COWIAEOgZ3.jpg
206 KB, 1920x1080
>>330463186
It's legitimately one of my favourite games ever. It IS a little rough in places so you might not like it as much as I do, so fair warning. But god damn I fucking love it.

I'm a sucker for open worlds in the first place but GR really appeals to me on a bunch of specific levels. The gameplay really gives you free form movement in 3D which is cool as hell, and your options for mobility ("flight", as well as gravity sliding) are immensely fun and satisfying for me - enough so that I go back just to mess with them sometimes.

Beyond that I really fucking love the setting. The games city is essentially a floating group of islands connected to a giant pillar and coupled with the gameplay, multi-layered design of the islands and the vertical architecture, it makes for one of my favourite vidya locations with a great sense of scale. There's also the OST which is composed by Kohei Tanaka (if you've watched Gunbuster and Diebuster, he composed the soundtracks for those) and is fucking amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zEeJ2X0uFg

The games light-hearted at times/dramatic at times mood/story, REAL freeform movement in 3D space in an open world that has a fantastic setting and atmosphere and a cool as fucking sense of scale are what make it one of my personal favourite games. And the sequel seems to be basically more of the same, but bigger and better.

I've 100%ed on both Vita and PS4 and still go back occasionally just because I enjoy playing the game.
>>
>>330463657
>The Witch and The Hundred Knight
Is this game good? I've been thinking about trying it since it seems interesting enough, but I don't know, the gameplay videos don't look too exiting to me.

I've also been considering Estival Versus, but I've heard it's basically just Shinovi Versus+. Is this right?
>>
>>330463186
>>330464914
Regarding the issues:

The story is really neat and intriguing, there's clearly some interesting directions it could go but the issue is that the story sets up this interesting world but then just ends abruptly. Thankfully the sequel is a direct continuation, and there's an anime coming as well, so this is less of an issue if you see the first game as just the starting point.

The games combat is great in concept, it basically is all about your ability to position yourself relative to enemies so is a great fit for the mechanics, but the gravity kick is somewhat more powerful than most other things so many find themselves relying on it heavily which can make the combat very repetitive. I think this is the games biggest issue but how much it will bother you tends to vary greatly. For some it's what makes the game "mediocre", for me it didn't really bother me at all, and on my second playthrough I was able to vary it up plenty.

These two issues are the main sticking points people have and I think they're valid, so fair warning regarding them.

>>330463851
Not him but, "The Witch and the Hundred Knight" is one game, it's a top down action RPG by NIS (Disgaea devs).

Quite enjoyed it myself but the clunkiness of it will put a lot of people off. There's a demo that's basically the first couple hours of the game, so give that a try. The gameplay is alright but what made it for me was the characters and story.
>>
>>330461181

You absolutely need to get bloodborne
>>
>>330465632
How does BB perform? I know it's such a mustard question but I'm genuinely curious how a souls game does on the PS4.
>>
File: CN1KzUpWoAAgyz8.jpg (203 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
CN1KzUpWoAAgyz8.jpg
203 KB, 1920x1080
>>330465195
If you like NIS style humour and writing, you'll probably be into the characters and setting, it's very Disgaea in tone, but a few shades darker. Music is great too.

Gameplay wise it opens up a little as it goes on, as you get tochkas which give you extra abilities (Mini-knights, AoE buffs, decoy units, projectiles) but it is prone to being VERY repetitive and late game bosses are often endurance more than anything.

The demo is great as it's quite literally just cut straight from the start of the game, so give it a try.
>>
File: 4ThePlayers.png (107 KB, 782x604) Image search: [Google]
4ThePlayers.png
107 KB, 782x604
>>330465706
Is quite enjoyable if you're not a crying frame rate baby bitch.

This one is post patches.
>>330462603
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.