[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>expansion pack for one of the best RPG to date is coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: iegeofdragonspear.jpg (46 KB, 900x454) Image search: [Google]
iegeofdragonspear.jpg
46 KB, 900x454
>expansion pack for one of the best RPG to date is coming out in 20 days
>nobody talks about it
Anyways,Baldur's Gate thread
>>
test
>>
What's a good party combo? I feel like my current setup is somewhat bland with Imoen, Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir, and Minsc.
>>
>>330450432
I'm having mixed hopes because there's some important BG1/2 devs working on it, but there's also some shitty new blood they got that is very mediocre at writing.
But mostly positive because Avellone is overseeing the writing, he ain't writing but at least he's overseeing.
>>
>>330450697
Swap Khalid for Edwin.
>>
>>330450840
Edwin died on the way to rescue Dynaheir.
>>
>>330450953
>LETTING EDWIN DIE
>NOT IMMEDIATELY RELOADING THE GAME

YOU

DENSE

MOTHER

FUCKER

HOLY SHIT

HE'S LITERALLY THE BEST SPELLCASTER YOU CAN GET IN UNMODDED GAME
>>
>>330450737
>But mostly positive because Avellone is overseeing the writing, he ain't writing but at least he's overseeing.

I think he ain't doing shit, he just gave them a seal of approval at one point.
>>
File: BG2EE_new characters.jpg (398 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
BG2EE_new characters.jpg
398 KB, 1024x768
>>330450737
I'm worried than hopeful since all the newly added content to BG2 was like "squint hard and pretend it's not there for all the other improvements EE brings". They can't write.
>>
>>330451213
To be honest the monk wasn't in any way offenssive and the wild mage is pretty much on par with rest of BG writing. BG never really had stellar writing to begin with, take that nostalgia goggles off.
The fucking edgelord mcedge homo orc and the niggeres vampire however I killed on sight. I actually liked the companion you get before getting to the niggeress in that questline, and then they fucked it all up.
>>
>>330451025
Sometimes you just gotta roll with the punches.
>>
File: vK11hii.png (439 KB, 643x537) Image search: [Google]
vK11hii.png
439 KB, 643x537
>>330450432
>need BG1EE for it

Fucking Jews. Can I at least create new characters without importing old ones? Because fuck going through low level AD&D again.
>>
>>330450737

I know some of the devs by proxy. They're huge cocks. Even as a massive fan of BG2, I'm not holding out hope for this.
>>
>>330450432
Because it's made by fucking beamdog
>>
>>330451580
Yep. It works like ToB.
>>
>>330450432
Who the fuck cares for the first game really.
>>
>>330450432
How exactly will this new expansion fit into space between BG1 and BG2 experience-wise considering you can import characters from 1 to 2? And how long is it anyway?
>>
>>330450432
everything these guys made for EE is total and complete cringe worthy garbage. don't buy.
>>
>>330450697
Just grab a tanky chaeacter and have mc be a wizard. The rest are irrelevant.
>>
>>330451025
Who cares? Not like you gotta min/max/specialize to beat the game.
>>
>>330451889
>How exactly will this new expansion fit into space between BG1 and BG2 experience-wise considering you can import characters from 1 to 2?
I think they will be de-leveling you in BG2 or lowering exp gains in early game, since they're updating BG2 as well to make it flow with the expansion.
>>
>>330450432
>paid for fan mod for a shitty "HD remake"

Literally kill yourself.
>>
>>330454885
>fan mod
Yeah because having original devs is fan mod these days, ok.
Also EE is objectively better than original, you have to be a deluded nostalgianigger to think originals are in any way shape or form better mechanically or enigne-wise.
>>
>>330450432
>game isn't out
>doesn't have retarded hype campaign and marketers spamming threads every three seconds
>nobody talks about it
No shit.
Fuck off and wait for it instead of being an autist.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.