[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boo hoo anything that isn't directed by me is non-canon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: article_post_width_kojima.jpg (25 KB, 618x341) Image search: [Google]
article_post_width_kojima.jpg
25 KB, 618x341
>boo hoo anything that isn't directed by me is non-canon

Why is kojima such a manchild?
>>
Because it's his series.
>>
>>330445801
When did he said that?
>>
Because Kojima is just a figurehead, the true talent behind the plots of the original games was Fukushima.
>>
>>330446165
>you go kill boss
>you go kill boss again
WOW
TEN
OUT OF
TEN
>>
>>330446064
>portable ops released
>kojima: it's not canon!!!1
>MGRR released
>kojima: it's not canon!!!!
>>
>>330446412
>snake's revenge releases: it's not canon, I'll make mg2 instead
>portable ops releases: it's not canon, I'll make pw instead
If they didn't fire him he would probably have ended up making the 'true' metal gear rising that was planned to take place between 2 and 4 eventually just out of spite
>>
>>330446258
he also wrote 1 and 2 with 3.
>>
File: 912.png (74 KB, 227x349) Image search: [Google]
912.png
74 KB, 227x349
>>330445801
Following your stupid logic, Dante's fanfiction of the freaking bible should be canon too. This is how stupid you sound.
>>
Because he is a frustrated hack idolized by a bunch of morons.
>>
>>330447214
He only wrote codec conversations.
Those helped a lot setting up the mood of the earlier games but the main writing went to shit as well after mgs3 and fukushima had nothing to do with that.
If anything I blame producers/PR people.
MGS4 and MGSV were supposed to be much darker but people at konami held kojima back. MGS4 was supposed to end with snake and otacon being executed for war crimes, and mgsv was supposed to be about a band of terrorists (diamond dogs) fighting the united states. Instead mgs4 became a fanservice fest and mgsv had the warmongering mercenaries out for revenge act like good guys who will refuse to kill children and only fight a guy who is worse than them in any way.
>>
>>330445801
What's wrong with that? What do you think "canon" means?
>>
>>330446683
But Revengeance was good.
>>
>>330448370
Yeah, it still wasn't directed by kojima though. He went out of his way to specify it is set in an alternate universe in an interview. Dude just doesen't see any mg game not written by him as canon.
>>
>>330447903
Unlike dante's inferno, MGRR and PO aren't fanfic
>>
>>330447903
Its about as real as anything else in the bible rofl
>>
>>330446683
portable ops is sort of canon
>>
>>330448172
>he only wrote the majority of the dialogue of the game
>>
>>330448551
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>330445845
>his series
Kojima is the main writer, he isn't even a programmer
It's not "his" game
>>
>>330448839
>>>/r/christianity
>>
>>330448621
The overall storyline is canon but not in the way it happened in the game. Since it contradicted mg2 (the gray fox backstory is completely different) and both pw and mgsv contradicted it, it's safe to ignore it at this point. The only things that seem to be canon are Big Boss founding foxhound and the patriots recovering the philosopher's legacy, both of which are addressed in the mgs3 post-ending timeline
>>
>>330448950
He is the creator of the series. He doesn't need to be a programmer for MGS to be his series.
>>
>>330448950
>movie writer is the creator of a movie series
>But he doesn't act in it, do the special effects, or create the props and scenery.
It's not "his" movie
>>
>>330448950
He did actually program the first two games.
>>
File: no.png (231 KB, 1263x399) Image search: [Google]
no.png
231 KB, 1263x399
>>330450638
No, he didn't.
>>
Kojima just steals most of his plots and characters from other media, anyways. What's there to be so protective about?
>>
>>330450638
You're thinking of scripting.

I know they at least wrote a scripting engine for Snatcher so Kojima could change shit at will.
>>
>>330445801
Because he is the creator, motherfucker that's why
>>
>>330448950
The author only wrote the stories, he didn't make the paper or the ink that it is printed on and he (probably) didn't publish it. It isn't his series.
>>
>>330445801
Ghost Babel and Portable Ops are better than PW and V. As will be every Konami MGS game including the Pachinko machine.
>>
File: descarga (42).jpg (5 KB, 350x144) Image search: [Google]
descarga (42).jpg
5 KB, 350x144
>>330445801
>His wife hates him
>His son makes fun of him
>He couldn't realize his dream of working in cinema
>His company got fucked
>In the making of MGS4 he stated that he is just too old and tired of making games, yet is his thing even tho he may not enjoy it any more

Is he "Punished kojima"?
>>
Considering Kojima didn't write anything memorable from MGS 1-3, did he at least design the bosses? Because given how awful they were in PW and MGS V, I think Shinkawa or someone else did them.
>>
>>330454132
>>His son makes fun of him
what
>>
>>330454756
His son openly derides and insults him in public, and puts him in headlocks and gives him noogies.
>>
>>330454840
why? is he autistic?
>>
>>330454957
No he just doesn't respect him and comes off as your standard spoiled brat adult. Not like he goes out of his way to be malicious, but he treats his dad like a fool, even in front of the press.
>>
>>330455198
I don't get it. I'd like a dad like Kojima.

unless Kojima is completely unbearable in everyday life
>>
>>330455424
Well they're Japanese so it's different. Kojima might seem like a cool dude to us, but for his son at least he's like an unspoken disgrace.
>>
>>330445801

Kojima is a fucking travesty.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.