[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK, hold the fuck up. I was playing Mafia just now and why does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: pit.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
pit.webm
3 MB, 800x450
OK, hold the fuck up. I was playing Mafia just now and why does a 2002 Czech videogame has cops that can do pit maneuvers while in 250,000,000$ 2013 most hyped USA videogame has cops that drive into you by a straight line and your wheels lock into a random direction to simulate going out of control?

When webm-related happened, I would be surprised if I wasn't blown away already from all the technology - like cars bending from impact, cops stopping your to write a ticket and not shooting to kill, blinkers, etc.
>>
Probably because it would be annoying to have every cop you run across attempt to get you off the road and crash.
Devs can certainly make better, more complicated AI but the question is will it make the game better, or simply more frustrating to play?
>>
Man, Mafia was such a good game. I still remember how I felt when the final objective popped up on the screen:

Kill all of the bastards

End was hard as fuck but made you feel so badass.

A shame about that stupid racing mission screwing so many people up.
>>
Played it recently. Still fucking good.
>>
The cops in GTA do this too
>>
>>330441597
And cops spawning behind every rock in the desert when you kill a lone tourist with a knife because animals can call police and then shoot you with auto-aim skills was coded because it makes the game better too? That's a shitty excuse. Of course a real pit maneuver is more fun and FAIR than actually taking control away from your car.
>>
>>330441419
Those civilians are horrible though. They crash intentionally into oncoming traffic or jump off the road
>>
>>330441767
Often in GTA IV, but very rare in V.

>>330442024
Yeah, civilian car prediction was never good in any driving game, sadly.
>>
File: Oh shit, what.jpg (12 KB, 157x205) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit, what.jpg
12 KB, 157x205
>yfw the Mafia 1 ending in the second game
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
You remember a trip to the country? That son of a bitch spooked the fuck out of me. Dat atmosphere, Dat tension, you knew shit was gonna go down. I damn near shit myself. This game was a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>330441419

gta 4 had pit maneuvres, but gta 5 nerfed the ai, presumably to make it all run on the garbage hardware of ps3/x360
>>
>>330441419
Not only that, but GTA IV had PIT maneuver in the game. They removed it in V.

>>330441597
>Probably because it would be annoying to have every cop you run across attempt to get you off the road and crash.
Last I checked they still do this.
>>
>>330442837
And those animations of clothing hanged to dry flopping in the wind. Man, I played many games from that period, but I haven't expected so much little details.

>>330442949
>>330442987
Yeah, I know. I love IV.
>>
>>330441936
And traffic that's coded to try and run into you when you're fleeing the cops or just when you're driving around normally

Fucking hell Cockstar. and now they're so drunk on shark card gtao bux they don't give a fuck anymore. they used to be one of the most based devs but now they're just shit.
>>
>>330443414
is there any dev that wasn't prematurely closed that didn't turn to shit after having big success?
>>
>>330442949
>presumably to make it all run on the garbage hardware of ps3/x360
No, it's because plebs neither like nor care about shit like good AI
>>
File: b8ed.jpg (11 KB, 200x237) Image search: [Google]
b8ed.jpg
11 KB, 200x237
>he bought GTA5

Ahahahahahah!

i did too, didnt even finish it.
>>
>>330441419
CZ master race reporting in.
>>
>>330443768
jewstar were one of the few that remained based even after massive success, it was only with gtav that they turned to shit. after gtav/gtao, i won't be so hyped for future rockstar games.
>>
>>330443768
Croteam
>>
>>330443880
I finished it a couple of times, but the fact that I enjoyed it doesn't make it immune to critique.
>>
I love that one mission where you drive out to a diner/gas station in the middle of nowhere and it ends with a car chase vs the guy in the diner. Well if you replay the mission you clearly see the getaway car out front and can shoot/destroy the tires/wheels on the car and avoid the car chase altogether. pretty awesome
>>
>>330444016
Wouldn't personally say Croteam is "big" yet. It'll be a miserable fucking day when they turn to shit though.
>>
>>330444165
Relatively.
>>
how are eastern europeans so good at making computer games?
>>
>>330444016

Wasn't SS3 a total letdown?
>>
>>330441419
Cops in the first Mafia don't fuck around, they are the epitome of no fun allowed
>>
File: 1383559633697.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2068) Image search: [Google]
1383559633697.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2068
>>330444291
We like videogames. To be honest though, most of them are so shit you'd laugh your ass off. But when the game's good, it's GOOD.

>>330444423
Maybe only for the most bitter old school fans. Talos Principle was perfect on every account, though.
>>
>>330444423
Sold enough for them to make The Talos Principle, which was supposed to be SS4 at first
>>
>>330441419
Literally the first mission is you getting way from the cops while avoiding getting in that position while you have two retards yelling at you to drive your taxi faster.
>>
GTA V is straight garbage
>>
>>330444439
I completely disagree.

>run red light/go above speed limit
>cop sees it
>just drive away, nothing happens
>copcar sees it
>stop and take the ticket or run away if you have a good car, no other car will help him chase you because it's not a big deal. They will call in others only if you offend for too long/too hard. Then every cop will search for you (not actively still, just patrol their usual routes) for a minute or two. It's not like in GTA where infinite cops spawn and instantly go to your precise location.
>>
Mafia (2002) > GTA V > GTA IV > GTA VICE CITY

MUH GTA nigger game
>>
>>330441419
>while in 250,000,000$ 2013 most hyped USA videogame has cops that drive into you by a straight line and your wheels lock into a random direction to simulate going out of control?
did you just call GTA V american? Rockstar isn't american.
>>
>>330444897
They are based in NY since forever, so most of their actual developers are probably american, I assume.
>>
>>330444897
R* North might be based in Scotland but it's full of Americans
>>
>>330444291
Because the shitty ones never make it to the international market
https://youtu.be/5Sef2rG564A
https://youtu.be/3mWvrD4o9Ks
https://youtu.be/AdPXUAVsLuA
>>
>>330444689
>cop sees you breaking the law
>kill him or destroy nearby phone booth
>no wanted level
>>
>that car that just tips off the road for no reason, probably killing the driver in a death of no seatbelts and bad car safety
>>
>damn, that's one... HOT dame

what did he mean by this?
>>
>wrecking shit in the Black Metal 4WD

I modded Free Ride to replace all cars and pedestrians with cops/mobsters. I've probably played hundreds of hours doing this.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.