[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that some time has passed, can we agree that he was driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: iwata.jpg (225 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
iwata.jpg
225 KB, 1200x800
Now that some time has passed, can we agree that he was driving Nintendo down the shitter and he needed to be replaced?
>>
>>330431264
No.
>>
>>330431264
Yes.

But will his replacement do any better?
>>
>>330431264
He is dead already, who cares
Nintendo didn't die with him, wish they did.
>>
>>330431458
Nintendo died in spirit when they lost Yamauchi.
>>
he was a terrible CEO, maybe he made nintendo gain millions but he also made nintendo look like a piece of shit
>>
>>330431264
He saved Nintendo with GBA, DS, 3DS and Wii

Wii U was someone else's idea, NX was Iwata.
>>
Miyamoto has done way more damage.
>>
>>330431686
GBA wasn't him.

>>330431394
Kimishima already said it's time for old fucks to go and let young talent flourish in Nintendo, so he's already doing a better job.
>>
File: World of Games.jpg (800 KB, 871x4890) Image search: [Google]
World of Games.jpg
800 KB, 871x4890
>>330431264
No. ;_;
>>
>>330431707
Miyamoto saved Nintendo in the early years.
I think it is just fair that he shits on them some now that the faggot is old and rotten.
He knows his time is close.
>>
>>330431741
It was.
>>
>>330431686
3DS sure, DS impossible and Wii maybe
>>
>You will never get to ask Iwata what the first rule of Balloon Fight Club is

It hurts to live.
>>
>>330431828
Miyamoto is the George Lucas of Nintendo.

Yes, he created some wonderful classics, but he should be stopped from messing with his creations.
>>
>>330431902
How long until they give him his honolable retire fire him anyways? Shouldn't be long now.
>>
>>330431264
Nope. He made up for Yamauchis collosal fuckups.
>>
>>330432061
>old japs
>ever, ever being fired, even when they're senile
I don't think you understand their corporate culture.
>>
>>330432505
Well it is a "honolable retirement" when they ask them to drop their charge and either pick a fucking vacation or the broom and become janitor, if I understand it.
>>
Ironically, the once-dev CEO ended up more ruthless and jewish than the ruthless jew CEO before him. I really miss Yamauchi's Nintendo.
>>
>the DS exists
No
>>
>>330432672
Yeah, a past success from 11 years ago.
Doesn't excuse him from the terrible management from 2012 onward.
>>
>>330432823
I think that the most successful gaming device in history is enough to make up for 3 years of supposedly poor management.
>>
>>330433054
Obviously it doesnt count because I didnt get a new F-Zero game.
>>
File: 7987.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
7987.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>330433054
Iwata had literally nothing to do with the PS2 you mongolid
>>
>>330433259
Stay butthurt.
>>
>>330433259
>>
File: 1304957786517.png (56 KB, 483x613) Image search: [Google]
1304957786517.png
56 KB, 483x613
>>330433259
Yeah it is the best sold, because it broke down faster.
Such a nice achievement sony, lots of trashed ps2 with broken dvd drives, well done.
>>
>>330432628
Why? It was because of Yamauchi that most of Nintendo's third party devs (most notably Square) jumped ship to Sony way back when. Not to mention he had strong ties to the yakuza and got them to harass the competition (especially Sega)
>>
>>330433938
Because they were fucking amazing. I could care less about their Yakuza ties, Sega set itself for failure.
>>
>>330434124
They only seemed amazing because they bullied everyone else into submission. Not to mention the censorship, which was way more rampant back then than it is today.
>>
>>330434220
Developers SHOULD be bullied into submission, it's the whole reason Iwata's Nintendo was so mediocre.
>>
>>330434357
Things wouldn't have been that much better had Yamauchi still been in charge. Remember that he still drove away much of the third party support from Nintendo home consoles.
>>
>>330433938
>>330434559

It wasn't solely Nintento's fault for that historical third party departure. Sony was greedy even way back then, and wanted game licensing rights in exchange for giving Nintendo their CD hardware for the "Nintendo Playstation", which would cede a huge amount of control over what games come on their system to Sony. That was obviously unacceptable to Nintendo. Long story short, they ultimately weren't able to reconcile their differences, which is why Nintendo still stayed on cartridges for one last generation, while Sony made their own Playstation, and yes, most 3rd party devs jumped ship from Nintendo to follow the Playstation.

Nintendo did flub the negotiations a bit, which is why they are somewhat to blame, yes, but it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place if Sony hadn't been so greedy/self-serving.
>>
>>330436062
Nintendo did the right thing by refusing Sonys asshole offer.

Their big fuckup was letting all those third parties go though.
>>
>>330436062
It was solely down to the fault of Nintendo, though.

Sony entering the market earlier, with a far more capable machine and far fewer "please fuck me in the ass" regulations meant they achieved a massive market share very early.

The N64 absolutely should have had a disc drive. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional. The problem was Nintendo's hubris after being the dominating force in the market for over a decade at that point with the Famicom and SuFami.

People were looking for something new, and Sony delivered that in spades, with a console that looked like a piece of AV equipment instead of a children's toy.

>>330436157
There's no way they could have kept them with Sony in the marketplace.
>>
>>330436157

What could Nintendo do? Force them to stay or something? Unless they were somehow legally or contractually obligated to stay loyal to Nintendo, 3rd parties can do whatever the hell they want, so I don't think there's anything Nintendo could have possibly done to stop them.
>>
File: yamauchi-emperor-of-nintendo.png (573 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
yamauchi-emperor-of-nintendo.png
573 KB, 630x420
What kind of person will bring Nintendo back?
>>
>>330436674
>What could Nintendo do?
Be less retarded and dont fuck with them as much.
Make a system that isnt designed like shit only to make programming harder for devs.

Yamauchi was a fucking retard and he ruined the company by thinking that he could get away with this shit forever.
>>
Nobody will ever acknowledge just how badly Iwata ruined everything, because he was the face of the company for a generation of complete morons. All that people will do is quote Wii sales figures as evidence that he almost saved a dying company instead of just getting lucky with a passing fad. None of those casuals stuck around, and Nintendo is basically just clinging on to the few nostalgiafags who won't let go at this point.

Honestly, they were dead the day the Playstation hit the shelves. But at least the people before Iwata TRIED, and because of that we've got some amazing stand out games spread over the GC and N64. Nobody is going to look back fondly on anything that came out on the Wii or Wii U.
>>
>>330431264
Considering Nintendo is even worse now that he's gone I'm not so sure.
>>
>>330436802
Pulling that shit is how they did so well, though. In the early Famicom days, there were plenty of clones, and the aggressive strategy of Nintendo ensured they were the only ones who really stuck around.

>>330436850
They're just trying to salvage the absolute mess Iwata left them with. The old strategies won't work, so they'll go with what does work, which is going to be licensing everything out piece by piece to make children's toys and mobile games. It's all Nintendo has left after the colossal failures, IPs. Milk it for all its worth while you give up on the gaming market, there was never an audience for a system that only had Nintendo games on it in the first place, and attracting 3rd party exclusives in their current state is impossible. The few customers they still have won't buy 3rd party stuff anyway.
>>
>>330436062
Yeah that was pretty shitty of Sony, but surely Nintendo could have negotiated a better deal than to completely abandon Sony without telling them?
>>
>>330437145
They could also always try not making their IPs not complete shit. Nobody asked for Federation Force. Nobody asked for Sticker Star 2. Why not give us a new F-Zero?
>>
>>330438898
Who asks for another F-Zero?
That franchise is dead because nobody liked it.
>>
>>330439161
The franchise is dead because Shiggy can't figure out a way to shove in unnecessary gimmicks to appeal to casuals.

And you can fuck right off, F-Zero is great and never had a bad game.
>>
>>330439457
FZero is dead because nobody bought it.
They were always unpopular as fuck.
>>
>>330439596
They are 2fast4me
I don't like sanic either
>>
Iwata reportedly was a virgin his whole life.
>>
>>330439639
Sanic isnt that fast. F-Zero is much faster.
>>
>>330438117
Nintendo lost in the long run. We all saw how their collaboration with Phillips went and how the PS1 destroyed the N64.
>>
Nintendo witnessed a golden age of quality from the SNES to the GC launch window, but afterwards they went downhill. It's almost as if something terrible happened to their ability to make good games after the Gamecube launch. When did Iwata become president of Nintendo again?
>>
>>330439993
>n64
>gamecube
>quality
>>
Should Nintendo go back to the "Lateral Thinking with Withered Technology" philosophy?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.