[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>sequel >only has one or two like elements from previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 872x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 872x469
>sequel
>only has one or two like elements from previous entries
>everything else is different completely
Makes me hate life, desu senpai
>>
Those kinds of sequels are great, though. Keeping the most distinct gameplay elements from the first game and then changing everything else to make a completely new game. If you want the original game again, then just go back and paly that.
>>
>>330417902
Paper Mario thread?
>>
Chrono Cross thread?
>>
>>330418195
it still hurts
>>
>>330418132
no.
>>
>>330418428
>Wanting the same game over and over again
>>
>Game 1 is great but heavily flawed
>Game 2 is Game 1 but with a lot of the flaws fixed
>Game 3 tries hard to be completely different and is somehow worse than Game 1
>>
>>330418132
No, sequels period are stupid. Reuse a couple elements sure, but do something different, innovative. Don't just rely on brand name to save you.
>>
>sequal
>everything is EXACTLY the same
>some levels are even recycled
>>
>>330418521
>Everything has to be all new all the time
Sounds fucking boring. Why bother getting attached to anything if that's the case?
>>
>>330418521
I disagree. Sequels in vidya cant really be compared to sequels in movies and such, and almost always a sequel has the capability of improving upon the original in some shape or form, while in movies its usually just because people are too lazy to come up with new characters.
>>
>>330418610
this. why does everything I like have to change? make a new IP if you're so eager to try something else.
>>
>>330417902
ITT: /v/ only thinking in extremes.

Again.
>>
>>330418492
>not wanting this.
>>
>>330417902

> Game 1 is absolutely amazing, especially for its time
> Game 2 takes the name, but is completely fucking different
> Game 3 goes back to Game 1's roots, and is absolutely amazing
> Game 4 builds off of this, with two branching stories but not as deep story wise.
> Game 5 ties all the stories together, and brings every little thing to a close
> Game Portable is set just before Game 1 and isn't too bad
> Game 6 takes on the role of Game 2, completely deviating from the series start and falls flat on its face. Adds a support system to make an easy game easier. It's also the death of the series.
>>
>>330418551
Every neptunia game ever.
>>
File: Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png (2 MB, 760x1079) Image search: [Google]
Jak_II_front_cover_(US).png
2 MB, 760x1079
>>330417902
It was shit
>>
>>330418195
Mass effect thread?
>>
>>330419064
>I was shit at the game
FTFY
>>
>>330418970
MGSV?
>>
>>330419394
>use guns
>you can't manually aim
>the auto-aim is shit
It's Shit, SHIT!
>>
>>330419619

>these are your complaints

Yeah you just confirmed him, it's you who's shit.
>>
>>330419619

It's okay to admit you suck at game anon.
>>
File: katamari-damacy.jpg (412 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
katamari-damacy.jpg
412 KB, 1280x720
>>330417902
>every sequel is the exact same except slightly worse than the previous installment
>>
>>330419701
>>330419714
I finished the game but I never played J3, because I hated every moment of JII, not only the gunplay was shit, the vehicle controls were shit too.
>>
>>330420007
>First game is Jak and Daxter
>Second is Jak II
>Third is Jak 3
Fucking why?
>>
>>330420007

Anon, it's okay, you'll get good someday, when you grow up and mature as an adult, you can go back to these games and play them with a renewed level of skill and truly enjoy them for the masterpieces they are. Not everything is for the uninitiated. Now don't say anything more, you will only create more embarrassing memories your grown up self to cringe over.
>>
>>330419796
Sad that this series peaked at game 2.
>>
>>330419796
But We Love Katamari is an objective improvement over the original in every way sans the music.
I'll agree on everything after that though.
>>
>>330418970
I was about to say this sounds like Castlevanina,
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.