[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legitimately the most overrated game in existence. Overly scripted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67 KB, 300x428
Legitimately the most overrated game in existence.

Overly scripted linear hallway shooter with see-saw puzzles and terrible AI.

No, it wasn't "Revolutionary" when it came out (I was 18 then), and it sure isn't the greatest game ever made.

HL1 was better. F.E.A.R. for that time period was far more impressive.
>>
wrong.
>>
>people are still assblasted about a game from 12 years ago
>>
It is indeed overrated but it's certainly not bad, it constantly being rated as the greatest game ever is a fucking meme though.
>>
>>330417764
I think the same, hl2 didn't rope me in like 1 did so I never finished it. HL1 however is an incredible game deserving of praise, I was so entranced and didn't realize what a dime it was until halfway through zen
>>
but it had psychics
>>
File: 1457659836337.png (25 KB, 228x239) Image search: [Google]
1457659836337.png
25 KB, 228x239
>>330417764
>it's another "HL2 is overrated thread" episode
>>
We have this thread every day. It's getting to a point where HL2 is becoming underrated on /v/.
>>
Bioshock series is the most overrated franchise of all time (not they are bad games, but just atrociously overrated). In fact, I blame Bioshock 1 for the rise of alt-right lolbertarianism among gamers who didn't realize it was fucking satire. (Reddit.com/r/Libertarian literally had the opening speech in the sidebar)

HL2 is overrated, In fact both Halflife games are (better for their mods like Sven, Counterstrike, NS)

Pokemon is the most overrated franchise among normies. Hell even I love Pokemon even though I know the gameplay is mediocre.

Battlefront/2 are the most overrated games among /v/. Honestly, the Battlefront games aren't actually that good. Incredibly clunky, shit shooting mechanics, shit vehicle control, AI that's full retard, Space combat pathing that makes literally no sense (Enemy AI will do literally hard 90 degree turns and full hard 180s.despite all momentum).
Battlefront/2 are both games I enjoy though despite I know they buggy, poorly developed shit which is quite weird, I've wasted so much of my life in Galactic Conquest.
>>
Underrated games?

Dawn of War 2, especially Retribution.

Dawn of War 2 once you accept is actually closer too the board game and is a different game than Dawn of War 1, it's pretty decent and has some great competitive gameplay behind it.

Sure it's no Dark fucking Crusade, but it's not actually a bad game like everyone pretends it is.
>>
most overrated game of all time is the cup-and-ball game
literally gets boring after 5 minutes
>>
>>330417764
biotics... in perimeter...
>>
>>330418728
Chess.

Literally unbalanced (not even making this up)
>>
>>330417764
Physics and platforming sections were not better in Half-Life 1, in fact, most of the game feel dated.
>>
>>330417764
That'd be The last of us

Never mind, you're talking about games.
>>
HL2 is better than any SP FPS that came out since
>>
>>330417764
>opinions

No one cares, anon.
>>
this game has the same phenomenon as this

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny
>>
>>330417764
Yeah, it's overrated and aged poorly, especially in comparison to Half life 1. Still pretty good, the episodes are much better too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.