[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not the only one who actually liked Super Paper Mario, am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Super_Paper_Mario_cover.jpg (128 KB, 256x359) Image search: [Google]
Super_Paper_Mario_cover.jpg
128 KB, 256x359
I'm not the only one who actually liked Super Paper Mario, am I?
>>
>>330410250

I liked it before it was the gateway that led to what Paper Mario is today.
>>
You're not alone.
>>
It's more fun to watch than play once you get to Chapter 4 until chapter 6-2. Which is kind of sad. It gets better again though.
>>
>>330410250
I liked it too.
>>
I liked it a lot more than the /v/-overrated Thousand-Year Door. The latter just felt too much like the N64 game, it was stale.

I also liked the action-oriented combat in Super Paper Mario more than the turn-based fighting seen in the first two Paper Mario games.
>>
>>330410250
Kinda disappointed since I really loved the first two and wanted more like those. That being said, I'm definitely going to give a shot some day if my dusty old Wii doesn't die on me.
>>
I liked it. The story was enjoyable and it looked nice enough. Both the platforming and the RPG elements were kind of mediocre, and it felt tedious to have to swap both pixls and characters all the time, but I still had fun.

Mimi best girl
>>
I mean it was okay.
>>
I thought it was dumb that they stripped out a whole dimension and tried to sell it as some impressive new groundbreaking ability.
>>
>>330410250
It's okay.

The gameplay itself is kind of boring. It's not really an interesting platformer OR an interesting RPG, and the 3D stuff is conceptually cool but the game never really develops it into something fun to play with beyond the initial wow factor.

The writing is pretty funny but gets to be a bit too much in some places. I'd rather have too much like in this game than too little like in Sticker Star, though.
>>
>>330411627
Dumb mimiposter
>>
>>330410250
The general consensus before it came out was that it was going to be fucking shit and everyone hated it but it turned out to be a pretty decent game after people played it. That's the reason i actually bought sticker star, because i thought it might be an SPM situation where everything looks shit but it turns out to be really fun. It was a fucking stupid decision to make in retrospect.

The gameplay is a 6/10 but the story took it to an 8/10, something colour splash will fail to understand i bet
>>
>>330410250
How I got my hands on copy fully thinking it was a turn-based RPG like all the others I'll never know, but in the end its about a 7/10 with a story that quickly approached Sonic levels of "Way too convoluted and serious for a series normally marketed to children, and is also retarded in its execution." The entire working for rupees section makes absolutely no sense, swapping out buddies all the time got tedious, but the 3d to 2d thing was a really nice gimmick that thankfully worked out because its pretty much the only thing that carries the game.
>>
>>330410250
I enjoyed playing it. Sure it had some faults, but enjoyed it and the story was pretty good. I don't think it deserves the hate it gets.
>>
will there ever be a paper mario game that has a non cisgender main character???? im gender fluid btw.
>>
>>330410250
I found the game fun in it's own rights.
The main thing that's bad about it is not in the game, but the games it lead to.
>>
The story was fine, Mr. L was funny and the Flipside theme sticks in my mind but the gameplay wasn't that interesting.
>>
I liked it, but I was also like twelve when I played it.
>>
>>330410250
Fucking loved it, and this is coming from someone whose favorite game is TTYD.
>>
/r/ing the pic of what went wrong with paper mario games
>>
>>330412290
the 3d switching would have been neat, except because of the pixls and character switching there' rarely a reason to use it except for occasional puzzles
>>
File: 1457607265564.png (164 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1457607265564.png
164 KB, 550x412
>>330410250
I'm in the middle of my like 5th playthrough. Just did the Flipside Pit of 100 Trials andgonna get to Fort Francis. I love this chapter.
>>
I liked it. But it can't beat 64 and TTYD
>>
It's probably my favorite.
I love the Underwhere and the Overthere.
>>
>>330410250
Its the best selling Paper Mario game for a reason.

But 64 and TTYD are still better
>>
>>330410250
Nope.
I really enjoy it. Even with the simplified gameplay I still think it's a lot of fun.
I put it up with the first two as godly, even though I know it's the lesser of the three.
>>
First and only paper mario i played cause it came with my wii in some black friday bundle and I had a lot of fun with it.

I do want to play the other ones but I can't be assed too desu
>>
>>330410250
I actually like it for not being another paper shit that killed SMRPG
>>
>>330422314
Another SMRGP was never going to happen anon, Paper Mario or no
Squeenix dropped that shit, or nintendo dropped them.
>>
>>330423206
Probably Squeenix, unless major turmoil happened before the FF7 drama.
>>
>>330410250
You're not alone. Aside from the combat, Super Paper Mario has basically everything that made the first two great.
>>
File: 100px-SPM_Luvbi_2.png (19 KB, 100x172) Image search: [Google]
100px-SPM_Luvbi_2.png
19 KB, 100x172
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3NsNRO6Lc0

If there's anything Chuggaconroy is good for, it's introducing me to these feels.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.