[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be another good Paper Mario game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: J U S T.png (602 KB, 789x911) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.png
602 KB, 789x911
Will there ever be another good Paper Mario game?
>>
File: Paper Mario is dead.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
Paper Mario is dead.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
No.
>>
>>330405849
I sure hope not.
>>
>>330405849
Probably not.
>>
>>330405849
We can hope so but with Miyamoto still alive he'll continue to ruin his own series and merge 2 ips into one to ruin it
>>
>>330405941
DUDE TOADS LMAO
>>
>>330405941

People need to keep note here that Tanabe and Kudo personally made the only allies Toads

>>330406121
Stop falling for the Miyamoto meme
>>
>>330406528
>Stop falling for the Miyamoto meme
it's not a meme, it's facts
He's a cancer to any of the older IPs
>>
File: 1454957181792.png (506 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1454957181792.png
506 KB, 630x630
There will be if you let Nintendo know of your concerns and express how they can improve Color Splash into what you want

Aka, not Shitposting 24/7 and making petitions to cancel the fucking game

The Artstyle is fine, the color gimmick is fine, and the gameplay is possibly card deck based with dupes and Color meter FP

All you really need is to show Nintendo you care about the game to be good if they added improvements to satisfy everyone, like Party Members, a story and interesting characters.

Again, don't be a shitposting faggot
>>
File: 1457311309821.png (253 KB, 700x1400) Image search: [Google]
1457311309821.png
253 KB, 700x1400
I miss the partners
>>
>>330406668

>Cancer

Miyamoto simply wanted Bowser to not be treated like Garbage, and after the absolutely horribly designed Super Paper Mario characters, he wanted more usage out of the Mario world

Tanabe was the one who made everything generic and gave you that garbage sticker mechanic

That fuck face also stated he always wanted to get rid of EXP
>>
>>330406750
People have been, they told them to make a sequel to the paper mario series and they give us this.
Hell they admitted they didn't listen to any criticism to Federation Force
>>
>>330406917
>Tanabe was the one who made everything generic and gave you that garbage sticker mechanic
Yet the sticker mechanic was only there as a puzzle element until Miyamoto stepped in and said Sticker Star just looked like a port
But this isn't just the first time he's fucked up a series as we've seen with Star Fox Adventures and Legend of Zelda in general
>>
>>330406750

That picture reminds me

King Boo needs to be paperized

Given Paper Jam, it's highly possibly he'll be a boss in Color Splash
>>
File: 000000001.png (360 KB, 399x539) Image search: [Google]
000000001.png
360 KB, 399x539
>tfw iwata died
>tfw it should've been shugeru
>>
>>330406750
Whether or not the cards are consumable or deck based is unknown, but we know that there is no EXP system, so battling will still be a pointless waste of time regardless.
>>
I LIKE THAT JUMP
>>
>>330407728
I feel a bit sorry for Iwata. He gave these people freedom so they could do what they want, and they betray him by acting like manchildren and overprotective parents.

>Tezuka constantly shoveling money into Yoshi
>Miyamoto designing the Wii U's shitty gimmick
>Sakamoto and Aonuma both driving their respective series into hell
>NoA being so retarded he had to become President of it

All these people betrayed him
>>
We probably will with the NX, it's basically guranteed that Paper Mario won't skip a console

Im looking forward to the game

I loved Sticker Star's open world and hard puzzles and secret exits

Im excited to see the improvements to Sticker Star
>>
>>330405849
Paper Mario was always a watered down RPG for babies. Written like a cheesy children's cartoon.

Getting upset about the direction of Paper Mario, is like getting upset about the direction of Ben 10.
>>
>>330407596

He better be

and his battle theme better be a Funky Mansion beat
>>
>>330409940
>I loved Sticker Star's open world and hard puzzles and secret exits

>open world
What the fuck does this even mean? What so you could choose which "chapters" you did instead of having a linear plot progression which gradually built up to challenge you throughout the game? This is the exact reason why Sticker star didn't have a plot, not to mention besides the boo mansion level the only level that wasn't basically an NSMB level with encounters

>hard puzzles
Oh boy, because nothing challenged me more than backtracking to a previous area while avoiding enemies to get an incredibly out of place object to sticker-fy to then use in an incredibly obvious place. The only puzzle i actually got stuck on in sticker star was the one where you had to plug the vacuum cleaner in to suck up the sandstorm, and that was because the socket was a europoor socket and i live in shitcuntland, so it just looked like a couple of out of place holes to me

>secret exits
I don't even know what this means considering that the majority of chapters consisted of going from one side of the map to another to reach a goal.

Colour splash will be a hastily thrown together PM game that only exists to stretch out the existence of the Wii U before the inevitable release of the NX. It will be trash
>>
>>330408327

>Tezuka constantly shoveling money into Yoshi

To be fair, Woolly World ended up being the second Best Yoshi game in existance

>Sakamoto and Aonuma both driving their respective series into hell

Sakamoto okay, but Aonouma is flat out shitposting, the Zelda series is filled with variety, of course people are going to be bitching for nothing, people just keep forgetting Link between Worlds and Wind Waker HD for fucks sake

as well as ignoring the boss improvements in majora's Mask HD and just redacting to HURRR HIT THE EYE WEAKSPOT
>>
>>330411731

Good job showing you never played the game and just resorting to shitposting
>>
>>330411751
I'm still butthurt about the fact that Zelda U's art style is the same as skyward sword. It looks nice and all but i really want a zelda game with realistic visuals that isn't EDGY GRIMDARK like twilight princess
>>
File: 1457488154716.jpg (181 KB, 725x374) Image search: [Google]
1457488154716.jpg
181 KB, 725x374
>>330405849
Paper Mario has been dead for 35 years.
>>
>>330411886
Anon i bought the game at launch and gave it to a friend 2 weeks later. It had no challenge and was boring as fuck.

Colour trash will be the same
>>
Nintendo KNOWS it'll flop outside of Japan. Are they still sweeping Color Splash under the rug on social channels and shit?
>>
>>330411751

Reposting my favorite copy pasta about Majora's Mask 3D

Motherfucker, the bosses in the original were basic as fuck

>slash at Odolwa's heels to win
>butt-ram Ghot to win or cheese by shooting fire arrows in his stupid fucking face at the entrance to win
>force-field Gyorg to win
>slash Twinmold to win

In MM3D, at least there's somewhat of a fucking strategy going on
>have to stun Odolwa, fly over his head, drop a deku nut onto his shit, and slash his dangly eye testicle to win
>have to ram Ghot, then pop out, and beat his fucking eyeball to death to win
>have to shoot arrows into Gyorgs stupid fucking face to provoke his facial testicle to show itself, shoot it, repeat until Gyorg get's sick of your bullshit, sinks the pillar, forces you to go Zora form, spreads his asscheeks and shits out mini Gyorgs, while having to detach water mines for him to inhale like a chucklefuck, and then slash his eyeball some more to win
>Twin Mold turned into a fucking WWE match in the desert. You shoot one in the stomach until it lands face fucking first, shoot it's eyeball, kill it, pick up the mask, stun the other one, and fucking suplex it's ass into the ground 4 times to win

MM3D bossfights win by such a substantial margin that anybody who actually attempts to say they are worse, or that the originals were better, is fucking delusional or blinded by nostalgia, or just too fucking casual.
>>
>having to ask
>still having any hope at this point

Let it go, man.
>>
>>330411731

Your able to complete the game in any order you want as long as you found the right thing sticker and you had no handholding the entire way through

Color Splash doesnt have sticker puzzles since it's color based
>>
>>330412079

>Colour trash will be the same

Not really

The setting is a lot more interesting, especially the new town that is leagues better than Decalburg and is reminiscent of Rougeport

The Color Mechanic in general is a lot more interesting than shoving sticker's everywhere especially since you have a meter that serves as FP during fights

Color Splash is going to be Sticker Star done right
>>
>>330412476
You're able to complete the game in any order
Okay but it's still an incredibly unsatisfying mediocre game with no story, unsatisfying combat and incredibly formulaic and predictable level design

>no handholding
that doesn't change the fact that it's piss easy, besides the bosses which require giant 1 hit kill stickers which the game doesn't even hint you about so you have to die, go back and find the sticker you need that you removed because it took way too much fucking space, then head back and have the game play itself for you
>>
>>330412616
>The setting is a lot more interesting
I wouldn't say that just yet. So far all we've seen is the hub and the obligatory grass world.
>>
will there ever be a mario game that has a non cisgender main character???? im gender fluid btw.
>>
>>330412616
It won't be nowhere near as good as rougeport if all the NPCs are nothing but generic toads and toad recolors. Even PM64 got that right, but then again shiggy hates anything that isn't 100% true to the "original" mario identity so no interesting characters ever again.
>>
>>330408327
Aonuma is on the right track.

On Skyward Sword's Handholding
>Yes. When we created Skyward Sword, I really felt the need to make sure that everyone playing the game understood it. But I also understand now, in hindsight, that when you go out and buy a game, you buy the game because you want to play it, and you don’t want to have any obstacles in the way. And I guess it was received as a bit of an obstacle. In a game, it’s when you get stuck, when you want that help. And I kinda frontloaded all that in Skyward Sword, and it doesn’t really help to get that information when you don’t know what to do with it. So that was a real learning experience for me. So I’m going to be careful not to do that.
http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-reflects-on-zelda-skyward-swords-tutorials-will-be-careful-with-them-going-forward/

On Linearity and "Getting Lost" in games
>We wanted to make it a game where it would be fun to get stuck and be lost, I think that one thing all game developers worry about when they're putting something into a game is, 'Will people notice it? Will people realize what they're supposed to do?' And we kind of have a bad habit of hand-holding, trying to make things easier for everyone, but more and more, I start to think that that kind of isn't actually that fun.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/12/4829872/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-eiji-aonuma-interview-nycc-2013
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.