[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people on /v/ like The Stanley Parable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Stanley2.jpg (38 KB, 592x332) Image search: [Google]
Stanley2.jpg
38 KB, 592x332
Do people on /v/ like The Stanley Parable?
>>
>>330403626
it is a novel concept that is sold by its charm

what else do you want? you know what you are buying immediately
>>
I like what it did but I wished there was more of it
>>
File: 1431710529755.jpg (38 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1431710529755.jpg
38 KB, 456x628
I would love to play this again, but I want to get that one bullshit achievement
>>
>>330404838
You can just change the clock on your computer
>>
>>330403626
Yeah, I kind of thought it was funny. I doubt I'll play it again, but it was fun while it lasted.
>>
It was good for what it was: a narrative experience. But because of this it's the type of thing you roll through once and never play again.
>>
>>330403626
I hope there is a sequel or DLC.
Is one of the few games were i can see getting better with only adding more shit.
>>
I thought it was fun

The Beginners Guide is a shit thought
>>
>>330403748
This. I loved it as a HL2 mod and despite that being free and a full product in of itself, the Steam version was worth every cent
>>
>>330405810
ur shit
>>
my friend played this game when he was high on mushrooms and made it seem like the best thing ever, he sent me a bunch of screencaps of the 'mind control controls' and talking about how it was "LIFE CHANGING DUDE"

because of this I expected pretentious indieshit, I pirated it, played through it a couple times before deciding to hang out in the 'zEnding' forever. then I realized I used to shitpost on the bob's game forum with the dev and felt bad about pirating it.
sorry granpc i'll give you 20 bucks some day, you made a decent game.
>>
>>330405810
I bought The Beginner's Guide without a thinking because I thought the guy who made Stanley Parable could do no wrong. I was gravely mistaken. It's my first and so far only game I've ever felt compelled to get a refund for
>>
What's so bad about The Beginner's Guide?
I haven't played but I'm curious how different or bad can it be to dislike it.
It was more of the same?
>>
>>330403626
>/v/ liking meme games
>>
File: 1451082144920.png (300 KB, 652x589) Image search: [Google]
1451082144920.png
300 KB, 652x589
Remember when we had dozens of threads about discussing how much fun we had with the original mod?

Remember when it got released for Steam as a full-fledged production with its own art assets and it became a meme?

Why do you think this happened?
>>
>>330406293
It's not what everyone expected, so everyone thinks it's shit. It's worth a play if you want a cozy couple of hours and a couple of feels.
>>
File: 1422281992229.jpg (117 KB, 476x357) Image search: [Google]
1422281992229.jpg
117 KB, 476x357
>Yiannis Ioniddes worked on this game

what a weird coincidence, I wish he made more music
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.