[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
What is a good weapon to use? I just started the game and someone told me to get drake sword but apparently it wont be viable later in the game.

Which weapon should I use that's powerful? I don't want to waste shards upgrading shitty weps.
>>
>>330400945
Upgrade the longsword and use that the entire game. also use the lightning spear. Best combo.
>>
tags:after_anal is the best fetish
>>
>>330400945
Use whatever looks cool and then upgrade it until it's good.
>>
>>330401193
Where can I find the lightning spear? and thanks.
>>
claymore is all you need, you get it on the bridge with the dragon
>>
>>330401195
muh nigga
>>
>>330401274
Sen's Fortress has it. Gotta kill the first mimic you encounter so it's pretty much unmissable.
>>
Also what stats to level up?

At the moment I am levelling up STR, END and Vit.

Are the other stats worth levelling?

Also I found astoras sword, but it requires int I think.

Is that a good weapon?
>>
>>330401335
Okay I will go to find it thanks
>>
>>330400945
Any weapon in the game that isn't obviously shit feeling will get you through the game honestly. I personally love me the Baldur Side Sword if you happen across it.
>>
Dark Knight Sword is all you need
>>
>>330401195
>not nursing_handjob
plebeian
>>
File: 5iSAGOm.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
5iSAGOm.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>330400945
I used the battle axe for the majority of the game and swapped to the Silver Knight sword in the late game.
>>
>>330400945
Great scythe is a boss killer. Best weapon for ninja flipping aswell.
>>
>>330400945
How about playing the fucking game for yourself instead of asking for spoilers. Do you read the plot synopsis on IMDB before you watch a movie?
>>
>>330400945

Dark souls has a wide array of various weapons and very few of them are of "objectively shit"

How are you stating your character and how much of a faggot are you?
>>
>>330400945
Use any weapon you like, halberds are easy mode for PVE
>>
>>330402428
can you use a shield with halberg weapon?
>>
>>330402154

This this this

Stop trying to min/max everything you autist tryhards and just PLAY the game, have fun, enjoy. Oh your build isn't optimal? Boo-fucking-hoo.
>>
>>330402608

Doesn't matter, because the adrenaline from pvp isn't topped by any of the PVE in the game anyway.
>>
>>330401193
That's how i played my first cleric, upgraded the longsword to +10 divine. was good fun.
>>
>>330402608
Unfourtunately I don't have the time of my teenage years enough to trial and error everything for hours on end. I just want a direction to go in, I want a strong weapon that I can upgrade that I can use with a shield, everything I'll figure out on my own.
>>
>>330401778
...what?
>>
i always end up using battleaxe
>>
Is it ever viable to primarily use bows/crossbows or are they just vastly inferior to melee weapons and magic?
>>
>>330402880

Ok OP, here is a simple guide

What do you want to role? Do you like magic? do you hate magic?

Do you want to fight the spears/curved swords/ ranged weapons/ great curved swords, katanas, scythes or whips?

Do you prefer maces, clubs, Axes, great axes, ultra great swords or fist weapons?

Do you prefer straight swords, great swords or halberds?

these questions and we'll figure it out from here.
>>
>>330402907
the best tag
>>
>>330403230

>What do you want to role? Do you like magic? do you hate magic?

I bought a heal scroll off the guy with the bowl cut at the start of the game and I don't know how to use it yet. For magic most I'll do is douse my wep in a temporary buff, I wouldn't mind a magic attack like a lighting bolt though but it should end there.

I like using swords, a sytch would be okay but only if its strong and fast, otherwise swords

I don't like clubs or axes

I prefer greatswords, big ones.
>>
>>330403529
Do I even want to know
>>
>>330403558
>>330403230
please respond
>>
>>330403558

Ok, most straight swords are quality weapons, meaning they scale with dex and strength meaning you want to stack both to at least 30/30 if you're leveling to SL 120 (this is an arbitrary level cap to get the most online interaction)

Great swords are usually quality with the exception of the flamberg (dex bias but a favorite of mine) and man-serpent great sword, but FUCK huge great swords are typically strength biased.

To use the heal or lightning you'll need faith and a talismen which cast miracles.

Some good straight swords include the long sword, which you likely have and the Silver Knight straight sword.

good Great Swords include the Claymore, which can be found on the Red dragon bridge not far into the game. This is a pretty good weapon if you like big swords instead of smaller ones.

If you want the fuck huge route there is the Zwhiehander in the graveyard near the firelink shrine.
>>
>>330404387
just rush on firelink shire graveyard and loot the Zweihander
>>
>>330404460
>>330404525
Thank you so much, I will follow this advice.

Ill try get the heal scroll working and I will go to big great swords
>>
>>330403767
Check it for yourself and prepare to masturbate.
>>
File: fuckyou.png (9 KB, 643x96) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.png
9 KB, 643x96
>>330404708
Yeah bro let me tell you this is some hot shit.
>>
Claymore +15 f a m

all you need
>>
>>330402730

> wikis dark souls data cos he's an adrenaline junkie

Have you thought about trying bungee jumping?

with no cord?
>>
>>330404949
Use gelbooru.
>>
>>330404949
>he doesn't use gelbooru

baka desu senpai
>>
>>330402880

But you have the time to research the game rather than just play it? It's not trial and error anyway, it's just making a decision and sticking with it and moving on. This is the fastest and most enjoyable way to play. What the fuck are you so afraid of anyway?
>>
Moderator, what exactly did you achieve by deleting the picture in the OP? Are you that sensitive to Asian sweet buns or what's the deal here exactly?
>>
>>330406093
i think that was the condensed milk
>>
>>330401375
don't level your strengh past 28, that'll be enough for using basically every weapon with 2 hands. I recommend putting 28 STR 20 DEX and everthing else on VIT and END
>>
>>330407114
what about STR scaling?
also 28 x 1.5 = 42
the real point to stop would be 33 or 34
33 x 1.5 = 49,5
since there's a few 50 STR weapons in the game
>>
>>330407114

the soft cap isn't until 40, 30/30 is the soft cap for quality builds.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.