[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best armored core game for ps2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: opening-mech.png (410 KB, 891x507) Image search: [Google]
opening-mech.png
410 KB, 891x507
What's the best armored core game for ps2?
>>
all of them
>>
>>330396543
Armored Core 2
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1680x1050
Silent Line
/thread
>>
>>330396651
lolno, literally the worst.
>>
File: AC.png (2 MB, 1223x1600) Image search: [Google]
AC.png
2 MB, 1223x1600
>>330396543
>>
Silent Line, Last Raven, or Another Age.
But I've been stuck on the same 4 levels of Another Age for the past week so that reccomendation comes with a bit of reluctance.
>>
>>330396837
Just finished cheesing the entire arena roster with the 800 round MG in emulated Silent Line.

This gun was a mistake.
>>
Silent Line legit made me cry how good it got in some parts

It became the ultimate mecha gaming experience in its highest moments, the mission where you attack that base being controlled by a network AI of satellite low orbit ion cannons and mechs flying around was fucking 10/10.
>>
>>330397536
GOD TIER MECHA
Heavy Bipedal Reverse Joint Legs
Medium Build Frame
Light Arms with dual chain guns
Shoulder pulse cannons
>>
>>330396543
The Last Raven
>>
>>330396543
Either Last Raven or Nine Breaker
>>
Last Raven.

All of the PS2 entries are pretty good, though.
>>
Last Raven

Would recommend a playthrough of all of the PS2 games in order though.
>>
>>330397006
stop making these.
>>
>>330396543
Last Raven and Silent Line.
>>
File: 1445080572104.jpg (143 KB, 902x600) Image search: [Google]
1445080572104.jpg
143 KB, 902x600
>>330397006
>liking Nine Breaker over any of the other PS2 games
>>
Silent Line

Game was cyberpunk as fuck, and had the darkest atmosphere

I give it to Last Raven tho
Game was mecha beauty

Real talk senpai I'll fite a nigga for throwing shade at Armored Core
>>
>>330396543
metal gear solid 3
>>
>>330401735
Don't you mean Resident Evil: Outbreak
File #2?
>>
>>330396543
AC2:AA
>>
>>330396915
why don't you take those dicks out of your mouth and try typing that post again
>>
>>330397006
>nine breaker
>not easily the worst AC game, if not FROM's worst game
fuck you
>>
i only played armored core 2 and armored core nexus

Nexus was the stronger of the two but both were good

that feel when you finally git gud enough to pilot your AGI based mech and start dodging missile clusters like no ones business
>>
File: Black Jack.jpg (156 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
Black Jack.jpg
156 KB, 500x707
In my personal opinion:
MoA>1>PP
LR=SL>N>3>AA>2>NB>FF
VD=FA>V=4
FF:I>SLP>LRP>3P

LR=SL>MoA>N>3>VD=FA>AA>1>V=4>2>PP>NB>FF:I>FF>SLP>LRP>3P
*on their original platforms

All AC games are amazing and worth a playthrough.
Portable versions recommended either on the Vita or PPSSPP.
Ninebreaker hate is overrated, it's a solid PVP/arena game.
2 and to some degree AA recommended on the PCSX2 because of the framerate.
VD/V/FA/4 recommended on 360 if you care more about single-player because of the framerate, otherwise go with PS3 because of the multiplayer population (VD/V are much more better with online play).
>>
>>330397594

I was erect for that entire mission.
>>
>>330402940
NB is okay.

>if not FROM's worst game
That's Steel Battalion Heavy Armor.
After that goes Murakumo
After that goes their Musou clone.
After that goes ACE:R
etc.

Souls baby detected.
>>
>AC3
>In the arena
>Shoulder mounted Titan tac nuke
>Robot can barely move
>1 shot everything in an open area

Worked all the way to #1, but that dude could take the hit. Had to actually try on him.

I should play more AC.
>>
>>330405012
What was wrong with ACE:R?
>>
>>330404770
>All AC games are amazing and worth a playthrough.

They're 4/10 games that are extremely fun because they're the only entries in a starved and empty genre.

Every single game could have been a lot better than it was.
>>
File: is dis pikachu srs.jpg (160 KB, 800x1235) Image search: [Google]
is dis pikachu srs.jpg
160 KB, 800x1235
>we might get an AC6 now that FROM is taking a break from souls games after DS3

>but then they might fuck it up and make it as terrible as AC5 was
>>
>>330405118
Almost everything. SRW guys got too heavily involved and ruined the gameplay. If you player 1 through 3:F you should know the reason. ACE:P is much better in comparison because they hastily stitched the controls.

>>330405176
Opinion discarded.

>>330405256
>we might get an AC6 now that FROM is taking a break from souls games after DS3
It's not up to from. It's up to Bamco. They apparently lost the licence to them.
>>
>>330405176
this so much.

AC has always been fun, but ive never played a game and not thought "wow what if they did this". They need a budget
>>
>>330396543
steel lancer international arena (S.L.A.I)
>>
>>330405354
I like how you don't actually explain what's wrong with ACE:R.
>>
>>330405890
arena international*
>>
I really loved how high you could fly in AC4:A but when I played 5 there was a super short limit, did they change that in Verdict Day
>>
Last Raven

That ending where you do a last stand against the WMD Drones are the best.
>>
>>330406065
That was Nexus.
>>
>>330406247
Fuck me.
>>
I entered the AC series only with one of the recent titles and want to play some of the older games. I'm wondering where do I start and are there any that I should avoid?

I only got into AC heavily with AC:FA, and I love it. I've beaten it multiple times and S ranked normal, and hard variants of all missions.

I beat AC4 and found it to be worse, but still was okay with it. Haven't given ACV a real try yet, only a few missions.
>>
>>330405929
Did you play it as well as the older titles? Apparently not.

Boosting is out. Shooting and bypassing enemy while doing so is out. There is no strategy involved with positioning yourself and your rate of fire because of that. You press a button and you're zipping across the map instead, without the ability to fight and getting stunlocked into place the instant you get hit. To fight enemies you're expected to stay relatively in place while only dashing to dodge. Dashing is as well ruined, instead of just tapping the analogue like a normal human person you need to press X and then the direction you want to go in. Breaks the fluidity of the past games that got perfected in 3:F.

That's only the movement though, and the second worst thing about ACE:R. The camera is gone with the wind and instead of adjusting your mecha of choice with the camera and locking onto your wished enemy you're now stuck in static and have to wrestle with God awful lock-on system that is borderline random and disorienting, making it responsible for getting shot up the ass when switching. This was sacrificed for no reason seeing how the analogue used for camera is now used for transformation which isn't even a feature to some of the mecha available. This was to mimic the PSP Macross games for some reason. Transforming is limited and the controls sucks seeing how you manually need to adjust the height.

But the real nail in this shit coffin was the addition of the new unnecessary "Tension" system. Instead of giving you your mecha of choice with its abilities available for usage from the start like the very first game they restrict you to useless pea-shooting and melee until you satisfy and arbitrary tension gauge that permits you few more special attacks. Of course this is limited time only because fuck you and once it runs out you're forced to uncharacteristically punch enemies to death with your Valkyrie before you're allowed to missile massacre them again like you'd expect to 1/2
>>
gundam
>>
>>330405929
Tension system doesn't only work because you expect a machine to perform and use its weapons like in the show, no it also restricts the overall usefulness of the unit because they reintroduced grinding again. Grinding much much more worse than in ACE:2 because now it outright locks away your attacks behind a high level until you've beaten the game twice or so to fully unlock abilities of a single squad. This fucks you up in later levels because you're basically stuck with your starting units because of their level. Enemies are even worse sponges late game that switching between characters becomes impossible. To unlock all the secrets they expect you to beat the game like seven fucking times and to top it off the branching paths from 3 are gone so good luck playing the same shitty "destroy all" enemies missions all over again. 3 sacrificed the complex interesting missions of 1 to include multiple alternatives while R discards BOTH of these.

That's not all, they had to fuck up the interface as well for some reason. Gone are the days of simple and smooth weapon/mode switching of 3 because they replaced it with multiple swappable screens of weapons all separated into 3 sub weapons. This means that even when you finally grind away your abilities and waste five minutes of brainlessly shooting your basic weapon to activate your specials you have to wrestle with the shitty UI in the heat of the fucking moment to reach your desired weapon. And then you have to switch back if you're unlucky enough to have the other useful weapon disconnected on the first screen. This, in a high speed mecha action game, does not fucking work.

There are other multiple annoying tidbits that make this game clunky and shit. The melee, no matter which unit you're playing is slow as fucking shit. Further evident when you play the portable version where they sped it up. Further more noticeable when you'll be meleeing far more often because of the fucking Tension system. 2/3
>>
https://www.google.com/?espv=2#q=ps2+gundam+games&tbm=isch
>>
>>330396543
Nexus
>>
>>330405929
All fucking units perform the same because of the new system. Shoot for ten minutes, maybe slowly melee a bit while getting hit in the ass, activate specials, waste them on mooks or another braindead boss rinse and repeat.

The fucking cutscenes are more obnoxious than ever. Gone are the nice cell shaded 3D models like animated portraits from 2 or full on modeled cockpits from 3 as well as the full body models of some characters. Now you have a single little square in your left corner, moving their desynced lips. To make matters much fucking worse is that these cutscenes are fucking unskippable and they go on for ages. There's even a quaint little message popping on your screen when you try to skip. This is annoying when you somehow fail the fight and you have to watch it all over again but much more infuriating when replaying the game, and like I said you WILL have to replay it multiple fucking times.

To ease the pain of replaying this hit for the seventh or whatever time they throw at you Nineball Seraph. It's fine and dandy but then you actually fight him and in a matter of minute he's fucking dead. An insult to his MoA/AA counterpart.

I could go on for hours but you got the point I hope. It's a shame seeing how they fixed most of the issues with their Portable tie-in. Pity that game was limited because of the platform and suffered through some other annoying issues.

I could go on for hours.

Also the OGs were fucking garbage in comparison to 2 and 3. OGs in 2 were designed by Macross Zero guy while 3 were designed by the Persona dude for pilots and a dude behind Gundam 00/Xenoblade Chronicles X/MGR for mecha that featured multiple forms. Talk about fucking prestige.
>>
>>330405929
>>330409017
>To ease the pain of replaying this shit for the seventh or whatever time they throw at you Nineball Seraph.
Forgot to say that they throw Nineball Seraph on the THIRD playthrough to ease the pain. Still horrible.

Also you eventually unlock a SINGLE "destroy 100 enemies" mission in some underground with him instead of allowing you to play him through the story. A spit in the fucking face.

Also
>It's a shame seeing how they fixed most of the issues with their Portable tie-in
I shouldn't say "fix". The correct word is "throw out" the shit they pushed in and just recycled the older games. Ignoring that the portable version still suffers from some obnoxious changes.

Hurts much more since it was apparently that easy to acknowledge their or rather Banpresto's retardation after hyping people the fuck up with that intro and trailers for a brand new ACE game after the one that they titled "The Final". Brought their fans a rejoicing then served them a shit on a platter. All in all it's a mediocre game further shat on because it was devastatingly disappointing with its retarded shit replacing the perfect system. I'm stopping my autismal rant.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.