[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unexpectedly awesome games >dat atmosphere >dat resource
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 256x361
ITT: Unexpectedly awesome games
>dat atmosphere
>dat resource scarcity
>dat no HUD so the main character verbalizes how many magazines you have left
>spear chucking punkass centipedes and raptors
>>
>>330391359
Fuck off shill
>>
>>330391359
Im not buying your game peter
>>
I hope the game for the new kong movie is handled by the same devs but I doubt it

>>330391675
>>330391750
nigga the game is a decade old and there's not even a legal way to buy it anymore.
>>
>>330391675
Nigga the game came out over a decade ago.
>>
>>330391675
>>330391750
How am I shilling? It's a PS2 game that you can basically only buy used these days.
>>
>>330391675
>>330391750
Children.
>>
File: cq.png (154 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
cq.png
154 KB, 250x250
>>330391359
>>
>>330391359
Game sucked but was super easy to get 100% achievements in
>>
>>330392032
Nuh uh, you sucked
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 552x479) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 552x479
Since no one wants to contribute, I'll post another game.

Besides Mario Superstar Baseball, this is my favorite baseball game.
>>
File: mgsgb.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
mgsgb.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
I remember thinking all handheld versions of big name console games automatically sucked at the time, but goddamn was I wrong. Best impulse birthday money purchase I ever had.
>>
>>330391675
>>330391750

Number one sign you're a shitposter is crying about shills. By that measure anyone speaking positively about video games on this board is a fucking shill.
>>
>>330392938
Literally the only Metal Gear game I haven't played, and I've played Metal Gear Ac!d 1 and 2. How is it?
>>
>>330392938
Looks cool.
>>
>>330391359
felt like a legit unnerving survival game
>>
>>330393315
It's great. If you've played Metal Gear 2: SS, it's similar to that but with way better bosses, controls, and storyline. It's 2D Metal Gear perfected.

If you live outside of the US, the game's called Metal Gear: Ghost Babel, by the way.
>>
>>330393315
Hailed as an underrated mastapeece by /vr/ and myself. It's non-canon though, if you care about that shit.

My brother had this Spongebob GBA platformer game that was actually pretty good. Had a shitty password system though.
>>
File: Jaws_Unleashed_Coverart.jpg (17 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Jaws_Unleashed_Coverart.jpg
17 KB, 256x330
ok this one actually was kind of bad, but it was a lot of stupid fun at the same time.
>>
>>330391359

Aye that game was fucking fantastic. I played it a few years back.

>yfw encountering a pack and raptors and only 3 shotgun shells left and have to hide in ruins and fend them off with sharp bones you picked up

Fucking intense game was great atmosphere and food chain mechanics. Shame the parts where you played as Kong himself weren't as good.

>>330391956
>PS2

Mate, should have played it on PC.
>>
Never did get around to finishing the second playthrough, but damn was this solid.
>>
This game. I expected a generic shooter and I got some neat gimmicks, amazing art and atmosphere and decent enough level design.

This is the only game where I played as a cop that I actually felt like a cop. More games need to have a challenge to surrender button. I loved out I could shoot weapons out of peoples hands and then they surrender and I handcuffed them. You could also shout people down into submission, or make an example out of one guy by killing him horribly, and all the rest of his gang gets scared and submits.

>>330392032

>it sucked
>no reasons why states
>muh achievements

Fucking underage faggot get out.
>>
File: swat 4 boxart.png (154 KB, 256x362) Image search: [Google]
swat 4 boxart.png
154 KB, 256x362
>This is the only game where I played as a cop that I actually felt like a cop

kind of unrelated to the thread, but I recommend this.

I've thought about getting Dredd vs. Death ever since it went up on steam, I've never played it.
>>
>>330395067
shit, meant for >>330394770
>>
>>330393727
>tfw always tried to kill that whale at the edge of the map but never got close because of the current
>>
>>330395067

I have that in my backlog actually.

I don't know how someone going into Judge Dredd and expecting a good game will think about it though. I went expecting literally nothing, bracing myself for a possible bad game. I also don't know if it fucks the canon or anything since I wasn't a Dredd fan when I played it. I went and watched both films afterwards. 1995 looked great but was shit in the story department, and the new one was fantastic but low budget as fuck.
>>
>>330392785
Man Pete Wheeler was an awful fielder, but boy was he fast.
>>
>>330391675
reported
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.