[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In Fire Emblem Fates can Sakura die permanently? I'm early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Sakura.jpg (45 KB, 582x578) Image search: [Google]
Sakura.jpg
45 KB, 582x578
In Fire Emblem Fates can Sakura die permanently? I'm early in the game and she was attacked and killed in chapter 7 but she commented that she was going to retreat yet I haven't seen her in my party since, and I read somewhere that in Birthright many of your units cannot die but will return?

Is Sakura one of them, I only continued because I thought she would come back, she's in cutscenes but hasn't appeared for battle... whats up?
>>
shes dead jim
>>
She's no longer available as a playable character but she's still alive for story purposes. Birthright, yeah?
>>
I haven't played any of the Fates, but speaking as a FR veteran, there are sometimes a few characters that don't "die" but retreat. However they won't ever be in your army again. This happens for story reasons. Lucina, for example, can't be permentaly killed. She will appear in cutscenes, but can't be played with again.
>>
Restart, my nigga
>>
>>330391245
Characters that are important to the main story get "injured" and are unavailable to deploy for the rest of the game.

That means they have scripted lines in the future and it would fundamentally change the story if they weren't around. Other characters get killed and they're permadead and never heard from again.
>>
>>330391245
Is this your first time playing Fire Emblem games? Basically, your Sakura is no longer available to be deployed for battle, but she still appears during story cut scenes because she's an important character.
>>
In Awakening, if Virion "dies" before the 2 year time jump, he will retreat because he shows up later with Cherche but still can't be played with. This is probably the same case with Sakura.

I think Virion is unique because if he dies after getting Cherche, he is very much kill since he isn't needed anymore.
>>
Birthright audience everyone.
>>
>>330392627
I think if Miriel get defeated in the first battle where she can be fielded she'll retreat, but I can't remember of a single cutscene where she's present.
>>
>>330393021
I think any mothers retreat, as they are required for recruiting in children cutscenes.
>>
>>330393591
I thought that if a mother died, you couldn't get the child.

I know Anna will actually die, but her only child is Morgan if you're a male.
>>
>>330393021
All mothers with a unique child retreat.

>>330393663
>I thought that if a mother died, you couldn't get the child.

Only if she hasn't been married yet. A Sumia that marries Chrom but "dies" before Chapter 13 will still be around for Lucina scenes and to pop out Pegapony later.
>>
>>330393789
Oh. I thought that even if the marriage had taken place, if the mother died, the paralogue would be gone.

Chrom's wife being an exception, of course.
>>
File: latest[1].png (537 KB, 623x791) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
537 KB, 623x791
Move aside, Nephenee.
>>
>>330393663
Any females that don't have children but Morgan will die.

You can't get a child if they die before they S rank with someone. If they S rank, but still die, they will still appear in the paralouge cutscenes because it's possible for them to die inbween the paralouge appearing and its completion.

I actually might be wrong, since it's been like 3 years and I think it only happened to me once on my Intense run through.
>>
File: 1457579108825.jpg (17 KB, 392x236) Image search: [Google]
1457579108825.jpg
17 KB, 392x236
>>330393935
Nah, but you'll need to rely on Chrom to do the recruiting since the mother isn't going to be deployable.
>>
File: dope.png (17 KB, 163x208) Image search: [Google]
dope.png
17 KB, 163x208
>>330391245
In Fire Emblem games, main characters are usually considered to be 'still alive', even if they are killed in combat gameplay-wise.

I remember killing off Soren in Path of Raidiance, but seeing he was one of Ike's "friends that he fought for" he was just badly wounded.
>>
>>330393936

Whoa, hold on. I like Oboro, but let's not be crazy here.
>>
HOLY FUCKING SHIT FEAUTISTS KEEP IT IN ONE FUCKING THREAD
>>
OH THANK GOODNESS
>>
>>330394570
>Give Nephenee Vantage and Wrath
>Killer Lance
>Launch her deep into aggro
>Clears the map
>>
>>330394641
I'm gonna make another FE thread just to piss you off :^)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.