[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that it's been a few months, what's the overall
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: fallout-4.png (628 KB, 765x497) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4.png
628 KB, 765x497
So now that it's been a few months, what's the overall verdict, /v/?
>>
good game, BUT NOT a good fallout game.
>>
It's a 6.5/10.
>>
forgettable
>>
>>330388062
4 > NV > 3

lol the rts games
>>
not as good as sims 3. waiting for more stuff packs and far harbor vacation expansion so i can build a beach house.
>>
File: 4 o'clock somewhere else.gif (478 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
4 o'clock somewhere else.gif
478 KB, 500x348
I liked it. It was fun.
>>
File: 1451964152149.jpg (308 KB, 1586x1048) Image search: [Google]
1451964152149.jpg
308 KB, 1586x1048
>>330388062
>>
Have hundreds of hours in fallout and New Vegas together. Only 75 in FO4 and I've barely explored or done much of the side quests. I just lost interest and haven't touched it in months. It's just not very good.
>>
Alright for one or two runs, but lacks roleplaying or weapon variety. Removing traits and combining skills into perks then simplifying them into basic boosts was a bad idea.

New Vegas definitely had more variety and replayability.
>>
I tried to like it, but I gave up after 50 hours. That might seem like a lot for a game I dislike, but I've put over a thousand hours between both 3 and NV, and I still enjoy playing them.
>>
>>330388062
Gunplay was really fun but holy shit was just about everything else a big step down, which is saying a lot for Bethesda games.
>>
>>330388219
NV>4>3
fixed for ya´
>>
>>330388062
It has good shooting mechanics and a decent settlement building mechanic, but has a boring story, bullet-sponge enemies, and dumbed-down RPG elements. Disappointing game overall, though it could be worse. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
disappointment
>>
File: 1457550152250.png (485 KB, 1050x899) Image search: [Google]
1457550152250.png
485 KB, 1050x899
Waiting on mods to give me a reason to start F4 back up.
>>
>>330388062
Mediocre disappointment.

It's honestly a 5.5/10 at best.
>>
Basebuilding needs a lot of work
Story is ass
Weapon selection is tiny, customization doesn't cut it.
S.P.E.C.I.A.L/perk system is garbage
Animations were an improvement over the last Bethesda games
removing skills was a bad idea.
Boston felt big, which was nice, but the NPC cities again felt smaller than they should have been.
Diablo-like item drops was interesting.
Fuck having a main character VA
Overwall it was meh.
Another one step forward, two steps casual game from Bethesda.
>>
>>330388062
It was great, the best modern fallout game. I enjoyed it more than NV and III.

NV is criminally overrated by hipster idiots, I had to literally force myself to finish that glitchy garbage.
>>
>>330388954
not even trying brah
>>
>>330388062
I can't believe I hyped this up to some of my friends. It's fucking shameful. Now I am alienated as fuck.
>>
File: 1457505424512.jpg (514 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457505424512.jpg
514 KB, 1920x1080
>>330388631
>>
The gameplay is decently fun, and it has some great characters.

The story and setting are dull and uninteresting. Dialogue wheel is terrible. There are zero roleplaying possibilities, and the male character's voice is awful.
>>
>>330388062

Stopped playing when Tenpines was invaded by 2 teams of super mutants and a deathclaw at one time.

Need to buy another controller now.
>>
File: Mediocre.jpg (161 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
Mediocre.jpg
161 KB, 508x610
>>330388062
>>
>>330388062
>good shooting
>gun modding is cool
>garbage quests
>lobotomized dialogue system
>way too easy
>legendaries are retarded
>>
>>330389165
This pretty much happened to my friend and I. We didn't get caught in the hype, but we were still excited for it. We've played 1,3, and New Vegas and it was time to play 4. Then the game came out, we were happy with it for about a week before it became tedious and boring as all hell. We try not to talk about it.
>>
>>330389721
Forgot to mention the building, which just goes to show how much of an impression it left
>stupid on a concept level (why would I be building when I could be wandering the wastes?)
>have to take care of every fuckhead farmer that can't think for themselves
>pathetically limited selection of prefabs
>snap to function is absolute ass

I never thought a mechanic could disappoint me this many times
>>
So, paid mods for the console, with Bethesda enticing modders to make mods that can run on them?

Could mods even save FO4 and turn it into a decent RPG?
>>
>>330390415
>Could mods even save FO4 and turn it into a decent RPG?
not really
can't scrape all the retarded factions, can't change the stupid dialogue system, can't modify perks to be fun and meaningful instead of just combat shit
>>
>>330390517
but the GECK will save us all...

R-right?
>>
>>330390879
It's not called the geck. It's called the creation kit. Jesus christ.
>>
File: rr.jpg (61 KB, 960x712) Image search: [Google]
rr.jpg
61 KB, 960x712
>>330390984
>>
>>330390984
But it will save us... right?
>>
>>330388062

Witholding judgement until we get the fixed Survival mode. I've got high hopes for it.
>>
As a shooter it's good.
As an exploring game it's still better than any non-Bethesda open world games.
As an RPG it's SHIT.
>>
>>330392532

To save your game, you'll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour.

Combat is more lethal for everyone.

Fast Travel is disabled.

Going for extended periods of time without food, water, or sleep will begin to adversely affect your health, hurting your SPECIAL stats, adding to your Fatigue

Eating uncooked meat, drinking unpurified water, taking damage from disease-ridden sources, such as ghouls and bugs, or using harmful Chems all put your body at increased risk for various ill effects.

Antibiotics, which can be crafted at Chem Stations or purchased from doctors, heal the various effects of sickness.

The type of bed you're sleeping in determines the length of time you are able to stay asleep. A sleeping bag will save your game and may help save your life when you're desperate, but it will never allow for a full night's rest and the benefits that come with it.

Crippled limbs will no longer auto-heal after combat and will remain crippled until healed by a Stimpak.

Companions will no longer automatically get back up if downed during combat and will return home if abandoned without being healed.

These changes look like we'll actually get a post-apocalyptic survival simulator.
>>
Better game feel then Fallout 3 but the design of almost everything else just feels hollow. Everything feels like it was made to keep you engaged without really giving you anything.

Places and quests are always just shoot fests, regular loot is balanced in a way that you're never given something new and exciting, the legendary loot pool is diluted with shit so you have to kill hundreds of them before you get something cool.

Fallout 3 had a lot of problems and Fallout 4's solution to those problems was to just inflate them and hope quantity would make people not notice.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.