[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth $30? I never played the original.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: 81utonjQj6L._SL1500_[1].jpg (161 KB, 1209x1500) Image search: [Google]
81utonjQj6L._SL1500_[1].jpg
161 KB, 1209x1500
Worth $30? I never played the original.
>>
Combat's confusing as shit and I don't like it.

Other than that, it's great.
>>
Are you a waifufag?
>>
>>330372217
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>330372027

I'm playing it right now. As long as you remember it's a vita game first and foremost, meaning it has some limitations, you should enjoy it.

It has an open world, but it's not huge and expansive with many things to do (though it does have mini side missions, plus all of the DLC side quests already built in).

The combat is far from stellar, but it's an enjoyable ride. The characters are charming and the atmosphere and music are excellent, as well as the art style. The story is a bit of a hodge-podge but they obviously made it with the intent of making a sequel thank god it actually got announced and the same can probably be said for the gameplay; it feels like they have a good groundwork for something in the sequel, but as it is now, it's kind of a mixed bag.

Overall I'd say it's worth it just for the music and atmosphere and the waifu material
>>
>>330372027
It's good, yeah. Best description I can give of it is if Tim Burton did Infamous.

Really light hearted, a great atmosphere/art style and the gameplay is pretty solid. Can't comment too much on the story since I'm only a few hours into it.
>>
>>330372253

the game in itself is pretty mediocre, though i admit there's great novelty in falling across town. the main appeal is the cute protagonist.
>>
>>330372217
Kat is mine back the fuck off
>>
It's fantastic and definitely worth 30 bucks. It will leave you wanting more after a pretty short campaign, but atleast Gravity Rush 2 is on the way.
>>
>>330372027

>Music
Fantastic. (9/10)

>Graphics
Great. (8/10)

>Plot
Bat-Shit insane with Cliffhanger ending. (3/10)

>Characters
Fun. (7/10)

>Controls
Serviceable. (6/10)

>Combat
Meh. (4/10)

>Exploration
Fucking Superb. (10/10)

>World
Smaller than expected with less content that you'd hope - but it doesn't feel empty, it feels alive. (7/10)

>Fanservice
Bretty Gud. (8/10)
>>
>>330374480
>Bat-Shit insane with Cliffhanger ending. (3/10)
NO
DEAR
GOD
NOOOO

This kills my excitement for the game instantly
How can you invest time in a game when it doesnt pay off ?

>Fanservice
Bretty Gud. (8/10)

oh, ok...
>>
>>330374875

Because there's a sequel that's been planned since halfway through Gravity Rush's production.

Fanservice is great except there's no jiggle.
>>
>>330372027
Id say yes, its somewhat short and sliding challenges can be frustrating (completely optional), ends with a cliffhanger, but sequel is around the corner. Awesome music and art style. Gameplay somewhat simple but really fun once it clicks and your start zooming between airborne enemies picking them off
>>
Now that GR is becoming a series, i wonder if its possible for Yunica to get her own game
>>
>>330372027

It's worth 30$.

Expect to get 40$ worth of enjoyment out of it.

Do not expect 60$ of enjoyment though.

It's fun, even recommended, but it definitely has flaws.
>>
>>330375018
I don't think it warrants a jiggle considering Kat's cup size or lack thereof.
>>
>>330375450

yucina should get a bit of jiggle though
>>
>>330374875
If your the type of person who gets turned of by fanservice, don't worry its really tame (at least in the main game, haven't played the dlc)
>>
File: Gr-yunika.jpg (129 KB, 800x1500) Image search: [Google]
Gr-yunika.jpg
129 KB, 800x1500
>>330375541
nope

But look at the bright side, if OP likes DFC this is probably the game for him.
>>
File: gravitydazie.jpg (131 KB, 1346x1000) Image search: [Google]
gravitydazie.jpg
131 KB, 1346x1000
>>330376053

this is true

I mean, I'd definitely prefer cow-tits, but not EVERY game needs them
>>
>>330374875
>he thinks the climax of a game comes from its narrative
the payoff for a game is the goddamn final level/boss, gitting gud over the course of the game, learning new abilities and such, and putting them all to the ultimate test. storyfags can fuck off.
>>
>>330373046
>the main appeal is the cute protagonist.
Raven is cuter.

I didn't know anything about GR other than /v/ enjoying it (and the waifufags)
I honestly don't think Kat is that cute, it's probably the forehead and also her concept art looks kinda strange.

But I picked it up anyway and I fucking loved it.

It's fun, the story and world are interesting, it looks great and sounds great.
>>
>>330374480
>Smaller than expected
It was bigger than I expected.

Actually I didn't expect anything but I was still blown away by how big the world was, particularly given that it's a handheld game.

I was particularly impressed that you could fly freely between the parts of the city. When I unlocked the train, I thought that would be a loading screen to take me to the next district.
>>
File: 1453640341659.jpg (79 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
1453640341659.jpg
79 KB, 600x720
>people think that ugly brown skin is cute/waifu tier
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.