[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Controllers for PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: xboxonevsps4[1].jpg_w=578.jpg (20 KB, 578x324) Image search: [Google]
xboxonevsps4[1].jpg_w=578.jpg
20 KB, 578x324
What controller does /v/ use?
>>
>>330364761
Why do you care?
>>
>>330364813

I had the DS4 for about a year. 2 months in the rubber started peeling off of the left stick. Recently, while playing dragons dogma, my character stopped firing the fucking bow. After spending a minute trying to see if this is some kind of in game debilitation I look down and see that my R2 trigger is now half popped off of the fucking controller. Fuck getting another piece of shit DS4.

So I get an xbone controller and immediately hate how it feels in my hands. I figure that I'll just get used to asymmetrical sticks and everything, plus the d-pad does feel like sex. The drivers are absolutely retarded to install on a win7 machine not to mention the drivers for the wireless adapter I also bought.

So far so good with the xbone controller but after 2 weeks it still doesn't feel comfortable to hold. I've gotten used to the asymmetrical sticks though but holding it in a way that your fingers are both on the shoulder buttons and triggers is just uncomfortable for me.

I'm looking into an alternative that isn't the shitty steam controller.
>>
DS4 unless I need to use a wireless controller for any reason. In which case I use the xbone controller.
>>
>>330365170
Same thing happened to my DS4 , feels bad man.
>>
>>
>>330365990
I think i may go back to my DS3 now that i think about it. I had it working on bluetooth as well as wired and that controller has held up for years. Don't know why I even replaced it with the DS4 to be honest.
>>
a $20 knock off 360 controller I got just to use on PC because I didnt want to buy the wireless dongle thing. Had it for about 2 years now and works perfectly still. Must suck to buy an $80 PS control knowing how shit they are and have it fuck out
>>
>>330366958
Is it a logitech contoller by any chance? I used a logitech controller way back in the day just for emulation and I can't remember ever having a problem.
>>
>>330367219
nah its a see through rock candy one. It looks like its really cheap and shitty but I was actually surprised at how well its done
>>
>>330364761
DS2 usually

Sometimes a Wavebird

360 arcade stick
>>
>>330364761
I use the DS4 for everything but racing games, which I use my Xbone controller for. The Xbone controller feels pretty cramped to me, so I'm not comfortable with it. I'd suggest finding a way to hold them both, and see which you find more comfortable.
>>
The Halo 5 Xbone one, since its a version that has the fixed bumpers but isn't as pricey as the Lunar White.
I like it, like the Xbone's controller's feel and handling as for this version specifically the better bumpers ia good plus and the design itself is good quality, some of the texture is engraved instead of it all being painted.
>>
Just got steam controller. It takes getting used to, but the multiple configurations/paddles/extra accuracy is so much better than a 360 controller.
>>
DS4. Always.
>>
>>330367673
I should add that I've had them both for well over a year, and neither are worn down despite daily use with the DS4.
>>
>>330367673
I have had both. DS4 has shit build quality and Xbone is uncomfortable. I've never held an og xbox hueg controller but i wonder if they were actually pretty comfy.
>>
>>330367846
I've also wondered if they changed the manufacturing process on the DS4 to improve the rubber peeling. I did get my controller pretty early, possibly even before you could buy the console, so maybe that has something to do with it.
>>
>>330364761
Hol up, you can use a ps4 controller for pc?
>>
>>330364761
I have 360, one and steam controllers. Still use 360 the most. Steam controller is pretty cool but haven't adjusted enough, so if I need any twitch accuracy got to fallback and then forget to switch to it again
>>
>>330367901
I had the OGXbox, but disliked the controller. Not sure how I'd feel about it now. I value comfort over everything else with a controller though, so the DS4 works for me.
>>330368072
My nephew has a newer PS4, with their recent controllers. The sticks feel more solid, for lack of a better word. They also have little bumps all over them.
>>
>>330368287
You can use everything on pc. Including Wii sticks
>>
>>330368287
it's a pc m8. you can use anything.
>>
>>330364761
DS3. But my PC's a toaster so all I can play is JSR.
>>
>>330368287

even the touchpad works for the mouse pointer
>>
360 is still the best, you can buy one for damn cheap off amazon.
>>
>>330368871
it's nice when you're inviting people to a group on rocket league since it brings up the steam interface which the controller input doesn't seem to work with.
>>
>>330364761
Xbone, used a 360 controller for about 5 years before that.
>>
>>330369039
does a 360 have the same knurled rubber type design on the sticks? that shit is like velco to my thumbs. i hope that it doesn't wear away over time.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.