[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: vulkan_lava.jpg (88 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
vulkan_lava.jpg
88 KB, 800x500
Is it a meme?
>>
I don't know.

But, what if YOU were a meme. Ever thought about that?
>>
everything about PC is a meme.
>>
>>330359514
consoles are just locked down PCs so I guess you're not that wrong
>>
what is it?
>>
>>330359514
Don't you have Bloodborne to play or something, you consolecuck?
>>
No, it's pretty great. Way more efficient, and you can actually make multi-threaded games properly.
>>
>>330359514
>he still plays games on a console like some kind of kid

kek, consoles are sold at toy stores for a reason!

hahahahhahahahaha
>>
>>330359514
>implying you won't be able to use Vulkan on the next generation of consoles
>>
File: 1457578526787.jpg (226 KB, 1160x1460) Image search: [Google]
1457578526787.jpg
226 KB, 1160x1460
>>330359514
>this thread is a meme
>>
So this only works with shitlos principle? Fucking why.
>>
>>330360926
just came out
>>
File: faust.png (60 KB, 321x256) Image search: [Google]
faust.png
60 KB, 321x256
Why do freetards keep tryig to push this Vulkan meme?
So far it's only proven to have less performance than DX11 while you get 50% performance boosts with DX12.
You're going to be using Windows 10 to play vidya on PC anyway because the Linux game library is a joke.
>>
File: Lain-Bear-Lines.png (1 MB, 832x624) Image search: [Google]
Lain-Bear-Lines.png
1 MB, 832x624
>>330360995
>You're going to be using Windows 10 to play vidya on PC
Except I won't. I'll stick with 7/8.1 and fully switch to Linux when Vulkan becomes mainstream.

Nice try at shilling your masters' botnet OS, though. You've earned your daily rupees.
>>
>>330361479
Vulkan will never be mainstream on desktop pc.
>>
>>330359759
>implying it'll last that long
>>
>>330362106
Nice statement.
Can I have some kind of evidence to back it?
>>
>>330362223
>implying it won't
>>
>>330359054
no, memes are popular
>>
Do you really think devs are going to rewrite their years of work and retrain all their programmers to give better support to the 1% of people who use Linux for games?
>>
>>330360995
>So far it's only proven to have less performance than DX11 while you get 50%
That's mostly because drivers are still shit and people haven't figured out how to use it properly yet. Vulkan is much less forgiving than OpenGL and DirectX prior to 12 where developers are coddled by crazy drivers. You're actually forced to learn how the hardware works.
>>
It's probably irrelevant, but I like that it's around. I don't really like to play games anymore. (following the development process, that's the interesting stuff). It will be nice to have some options if I do end up just strictly using linux, but again. Take it or leave it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.